Found Safe NC - Ahlora Lindiment, 3, abducted, Greensboro, 9 Oct 2019 *Arrest*

According to her attorney, she has bipolar disorder.
Woman accused of abducting 3-year-old Greensboro girl suffers from mental disorder, attorneys say

An interesting article on bipolar disorder and violence:
Are People With Bipolar Disorder Dangerous?

There has been a long-standing expectation that mentally ill individuals are more likely to perpetrate violent acts. However, large population studies suggest that mental illness alone does not increase the likelihood of violence,” says psychiatrist Michael Peterson, MD, PhD, an assistant professor in the department of psychiatry at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in Madison.

I have up close and personal experience with bipolar conditions and not once has my friend, or nephew, ever decided to go out and kidnap a child. Not once...so I'm not terribly happy that her Lawyers are flaunting mental illness as the reason for this kidnapping.

MOO

Your friend and nephew may have a different kind of bipolar disorder. It sounds like (woman arrested - can’t get my phone to take her name without autocorrecting it every time) probably has Bipolar disorder with psychotic features, meaning she was probably hearing voices giving her commands.

Besides, it’s not flaunting mental illness to explain that it is the reason behind actions. The fact is that if she did not have bipolar disorder she wouldn’t have kidnapped a child. Doesn’t excuse it and doesn’t mean she can’t be held accountable, but everyone always wants to know “why” and this sounds like they’re providing the answer to that question.

Noting:

5da513111f27c.image.jpg

“She’s sorry for the trauma she caused everyone,” said Daniel Harris, a Greensboro attorney. “Especially the family of the little girl.”

[...]

“I think this was a cry for help in a lot of ways,” he said. “She didn’t understand her actions and the trauma it would cause.”

Harris said he spoke with Lancaster and her mother over the weekend and learned Lancaster suffers from bipolar disorder.

[...]

Archie wouldn’t lower Lancaster’s bail, but did order the mental evaluation.

[...]

As for Ahlora, Harris added, Lancaster had no intentions of harming the toddler.

[...]

Police said a man recognized Lancaster from a surveillance photo that was released by police and called the tip line. Meanwhile, investigators singled out Lancaster from their own database of cases.

But before they were able to apprehend her, officials said Lancaster showed up at a police station Saturday morning after being dropped off by “an associate.”

OCT 16, 2019
Woman Attempted To Take Child Before Kidnapping Ahlora Lindiment: Greensboro Police
Prosecutors say N'denezsia Lancaster's legal troubles are far from over. She's been charged with Second-Degree Kidnapping in addition to her current First-Degree Kidnapping charges.

[...]

We know the other child, in this latest case, was also a girl and was younger than Ahlora. The alleged kidnapping happened on the same day Ahlora went missing.

Lancaster's next court case regarding the second-degree kidnapping will be November 15th. She received a $50,000 bond.

OCT 16, 2019
Woman Attempted To Take Child Before Kidnapping Ahlora Lindiment: Greensboro Police
Prosecutors say N'denezsia Lancaster's legal troubles are far from over. She's been charged with Second-Degree Kidnapping in addition to her current First-Degree Kidnapping charges.

[...]

We know the other child, in this latest case, was also a girl and was younger than Ahlora. The alleged kidnapping happened on the same day Ahlora went missing.

Lancaster's next court case regarding the second-degree kidnapping will be November 15th. She received a $50,000 bond.

So it was entirely a planned event. It wasn't a spur of the moment thing. This woman went out looking for a child to kidnap.

MOO

Oh my gosh, both kidnappings were from the same playground?! :eek:

OCT 16, 2019
Woman accused of kidnapping Greensboro toddler faces second kidnapping charge involving another toddler
[...]

Prosecutors said Lancaster is accused of kidnapping the second child from the same playground but said she brought her back unharmed before Ahlora was taken. Because the first child was returned, Lancaster was charged with a lesser crime in that case, prosecutors said.

Police still haven't released a motive in the kidnappings and didn't say why the first girl was returned. They also have not released any details about the second kidnapping other than to say last week they were investigating Lancaster in connection with other possible abductions.

Lancaster's bail has been increased to $1,051,000, according to jail records. She is being held in the Guilford County jail and has been ordered to get a mental health evaluation before she can be released.

[...]

I have up close and personal experience with bipolar conditions and not once has my friend, or nephew, ever decided to go out and kidnap a child. Not once...so I'm not terribly happy that her Lawyers are flaunting mental illness as the reason for this kidnapping.

MOO
There are varying degrees of severity in bipolar disorder and different responses and adherence to treatment. I've met people who are completely stable/functional and others who cannot take care of their most basic needs. She will likely have a competency hearing or at least have a psychiatrist testify as to the severity of her illness. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Oh my gosh, both kidnappings were from the same playground?! :eek:

OCT 16, 2019
Woman accused of kidnapping Greensboro toddler faces second kidnapping charge involving another toddler
[...]

Prosecutors said Lancaster is accused of kidnapping the second child from the same playground but said she brought her back unharmed before Ahlora was taken. Because the first child was returned, Lancaster was charged with a lesser crime in that case, prosecutors said.

Police still haven't released a motive in the kidnappings and didn't say why the first girl was returned. They also have not released any details about the second kidnapping other than to say last week they were investigating Lancaster in connection with other possible abductions.

Lancaster's bail has been increased to $1,051,000, according to jail records. She is being held in the Guilford County jail and has been ordered to get a mental health evaluation before she can be released.

[...]

OMG!!! I can't believe this.

Two kidnappings within the same day.

Returning/exchanging the child for another, assault with a box cutter and investigating possible links to previous kidnapping.

Thank goodness she was found!!!

Jmo....

Warrants show that N'denezsia Monique Lancaster, 22, was charged Tuesday with second-degree kidnapping in connection with the abduction of 2-year-old Zakiyah Woodard, also in Greensboro.

Both alleged abductions took place October 9, warrants say.

Raleigh woman accused of abducting a second child in Greensboro

The man who turned NL in will not face charges. Police say he had no direct involvement in the abduction.

OCT 18, 2019
Man will not face charges after turning in missing 3-year-old Ahlora Lindiment and her abductor, Greensboro police say
[...]

Ahlora was reported abducted at 6:33 p.m. on Wednesday from 2411 Phillips Ave., near Claremont Homes Apartments.

At 8:18 p.m. Thursday, Greensboro police received a call on the tip line that a girl, believed to be Ahlora, was at the Words of Faith Christian Center on Dillard Street.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back