CANADA Canada - Bowmanville, Ont, Black/S. AsianFem 18-30, 90UFON, near freeway, Oct'06

Toronto police contacted me today, he said although the ages don't match, the location, time, and UID sketch is dead on for this woman. He's working on it as we speak.

It's tough, I hope it's not her, but I would love to see this UID get a name as I have been looking for years.

Toronto police contacted me today, he said although the ages don't match, the location, time, and UID sketch is dead on for this woman. He's working on it as we speak.

It's tough, I hope it's not her, but I would love to see this UID get a name as I have been looking for years.
Nice going jessica!

IMO, it's definitely a possibility as LE have no idea who this child's mother is or if the mother was a victim also, which I believe is quite likely. If it did turn out to be a match, both might be able to get the names back. Did you submit this?

I posted a request in the Allenstown thread for someone to submit this to the concerned authorities in Allenstown. Imo with so little feedback from Canadian LE, or none, it would be impossible to tell if it went anywhere.

Have not seen a response from anyone in the Allenstown thread though that they submitted it. Someone did point out that there is a 3rd shared feature - possible anemia in both this UID and the Allenstown child UID.

Do you have a mechanism to do it?

Regards, W

I posted a request in the Allenstown thread for someone to submit this to the concerned authorities in Allenstown. Imo with so little feedback from Canadian LE, or none, it would be impossible to tell if it went anywhere.

Have not seen a response from anyone in the Allenstown thread though that they submitted it. Someone did point out that there is a 3rd shared feature - possible anemia in both this UID and the Allenstown child UID.

Regards, W
Canadian police are difficult to contact, and the Durham police are the WORST!! I live in the Durham region not far from where this Jane doe was found, and there is little help or information given by the police especially if you're comparing someone from outside of the provence.

In the past, I have compared this Jane doe to others in different countries and I also got met with zero feedback.

Last edited:

Regards, W

How frustrating! This seems like such a wonderful lead!

I just recieved an email stating that DNA testing is in the process of being done, it may take up to 3-6 months because of back log which is crazy!

The detective told me to email him in three months to see where they're at. Apparently DNA is really slow moving, and he's still waiting on a sample from 6 months ago. So we're in for a wait.

Bowmanville Jane Doe has been unidentified for 13 years today.

Can't believe it's been that long. Just drove by the area she was found yesterday, and said some prayers hoping she is found soon! I work in Bowmanville, so I sometimes take Holt Rd instead of the 401. The area has changed so much in the last decade, and Holt road is now used fairly regularly where as 10 years ago it was fairly quiet.

Last edited:
You all seem to be ignoring the great age difference?.........this is going nowhere

Wow that's negative.

Anyways if you would have read above the officer said the ages were slightly off considering the Durham police had two different sets of ages. One being 18-35 and the other age range being 18-45 years old.

But thanks for your input

Like I said in the other thread. Who said 18 to 35 or 45? It's wrong.
She is 18 to 25. Just trying to clear up inaccuracies. Please check canadasmissing.ca. The most accurate/recent info on the case is posted for the public there.

Last edited:
Like I said in the other thread. Who said 18 to 35 or 45? It's wrong.
She is 18 to 25. Just trying to clear up inaccuracies. Please check canadasmissing.ca. The most accurate/recent info on the case is posted for the public there.
I take it you're a forensic anthropologist who has personally worked with these remains?

Opp just emailed me, apparently they're sending the tip to the Durham police. The Toronto police asked for the photo of the unidentified earlier but I haven't heard anything since.

This is the quickest response I have ever gotten, so I think they're really looking into it.

Hi @jessica-

After reading this, I thought maybe the faster response time may have been influenced by the greater media scrutiny of Bruce McArthur's crimes and how missing persons cases were handled in Toronto & Ontario overall:

After Bruce McArthur’s arrest and criticism over missing persons cases, Toronto police moved to ‘step up our game’ | The Star

Sheryl Sheppard might be a match to this UID. Imo, she bears a strong resemblance to this UID's composites and description. I found a fairly clear picture of her that shows pretty good detail. It's a full shot of a cropped pic on Doe. I've linked it below. I am especially drawn in to her lips, front teeth, eye brows, and that ring.

:oops: I'll admit I did not read through :eek: all of the previous posts so if she's been mentioned and/or eliminated as a possibility already please disregard. :)

2337DFON - Sheryl Marie Sheppard

Opinion | A mother’s lingering grief: ‘I’m sure someone knows something’

Sheryl Sheppard — The Missed Lives Project

90ufon10.jpg
SHEPPARD___Super_Portrait.jpg
90UFON13.jpg

9dede0ae4c218637773d73528a9c_Content.jpeg
90ufon12.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online