GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts too. Lack of normal phone activity can be just as telling....i.e. Casey Anthony

This really bothers me. I get the impression that it is more than ONE juror that was hung. Hope MentourLawyer covers this in next interview.

I'm quite sure he will at least ask this. Whether she chooses to answer, I don't know. It will probably be saved for the final video, <modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to me that the juror said GC was not "relatable." I guess that's all open to interpretation and based on personality. I found her a lot more relatable, to me, than Kawass. I would rather grab a drink with laid back GC than high-strung Kawass.

I guess GC is not passionate and warm and fuzzy and maybe that's what juries prefer? I really like GC's no-nonsense, un-dramatic personality.

ETA: But, she's no Nancy Livesay. <3

Interesting to me that the juror said GC was not "relatable." I guess that's all open to interpretation and based on personality. I found her a lot more relatable, to me, than Kawass. I would rather grab a drink with laid back GC than high-strung Kawass.

I guess GC is not passionate and warm and fuzzy and maybe that's what juries prefer? I really like GC's no-nonsense, un-dramatic personality.

ETA: But, she's no Nancy Livesay. <3
Agree. I like GC.

What do you think about the comment about these people have not seen their kids in 3yrs. She is referencing SG and KM right?

Me too. I hated while KM was on the stand she managed to slip in that her mother died, she has not seen her kids in 3yrs, her appearance has changed because she is in jail and all the damn talk about working the system to get insurance for her disabled kid.

Maybe that crap works with young female jurors?

It's a scary thought. I am middle aged....I don't buy that line of BS.

I also wonder if the jurors maybe thought she was a prostitute. Hopefully more will be discussed about KM in next video.

Same. I’ve been a college educated mom in my twenties though. I wonder if I’d had more compassion for them then.

I bet Wendi was using whatsup already then to protect herself, or facebook instant messaging or some other untraceable communication - maybe she had a landline or burner phone already then- she protected herself first
I'd like to compare Wendi's morning phone calls the day of the murder to other days. Wondering if it's typical for her to have no phone activity.

I bet Wendi was using whatsup already then to protect herself, or facebook instant messaging or some other untraceable communication - maybe she had a landline or burner phone already then- she protected herself first

I agree with this. I would bet the only one they were worried about protecting at that point was Wendi knowing she would be the first suspect. Yes, I know there was a lot of investigative skill, but the timing of the neighbor hearing the shot and being home to identify the car and then the police being lucky enough to catch it on a bus cam, see it had a transponder to start widening the search to the tollroad .... If the car hadn't been identified or caught on the bus cam I don't know that they would have ever tied it to the two guys. I doubt they thought they would ever be tied to Garcia and Rivera so the main person needing "protecting" ahead of time and day of would be Wendi.

Was skeptical of this guy. I listened to a few minutes of his previous videos and wrote him off.

But now, I LOVE him. This is solid gold. The laid back interview style, to how articulate the juror is. Fascinating. Can't wait for more.
Listened to the video. So aggravating.

All the talk about going through WA’s cell records and the jury questioning how she could have known the murder had taken place ...uh....hello...no phone call was needed ...WA KNEW BECAUSE SHE DROVE TO CRIME SCENE AND DID A THREE POINT TURN! DUHHHHHHHH...seriously ...DUHHHHHH

I appreciate this interview, but how could they not have convicted KM!!! There was SO MUCH evidence she was the go between. I think the little school girl pig tail French braids and “I haven’t seen my kids in three years and..oh...my mom died while I’ve been sitting in jail for the last three years” made the jury sympathetic to her. I mean come on ....the evidence is there that she got SG to commit this murder. KM IS THE LINK. Duh! Just DUHHH!

ETA - I think WA then messaged KM through the WhatsApp or Snapchat to say it was done. Did LE look to see if WA had the WhatsApp installed on her devices? I realize the messages aren’t retrievable, but it’s another clue to help speculate how information was carried through from WA to others.

Last edited:
I highly doubt that SG actually wrote that letter to KM himself. It might be his sentiment, but it sure sounds like Saam Z's style. I hear Saam when I read it -

“I plan on fighting this with every breath I have,” Garcia wrote in his note. “I’m going to start with my direct appeal and continue exhausting every appeal in the book until they get so tired of seeing me they’ll give up and free me.”

“By the time you get this, we’ll know where I stand,” he wrote.

“You have a couple good things to look forward to in your pursuit of justice. I will not be sitting next to you with all my bad juju,” he wrote. “Your attorneys will be better equipped to defend you now that they have seen all the sucker punches and manipulations the other side got away with.”

"I need you more than ever," he wrote.
“We both have a difficult road ahead of us. Just know that you’ll ALWAYS have me. No matter where I stand, remember how I stand. With my chest out and my head high and I expect nothing less from you… please stay in touch.”

I highly doubt that SG actually wrote that letter to KM himself. It might be his sentiment, but it sure sounds like Saam Z's style. I hear Saam when I read it -

“I plan on fighting this with every breath I have,” Garcia wrote in his note. “I’m going to start with my direct appeal and continue exhausting every appeal in the book until they get so tired of seeing me they’ll give up and free me.”

“By the time you get this, we’ll know where I stand,” he wrote.

“You have a couple good things to look forward to in your pursuit of justice. I will not be sitting next to you with all my bad juju,” he wrote. “Your attorneys will be better equipped to defend you now that they have seen all the sucker punches and manipulations the other side got away with.”

"I need you more than ever," he wrote.
“We both have a difficult road ahead of us. Just know that you’ll ALWAYS have me. No matter where I stand, remember how I stand. With my chest out and my head high and I expect nothing less from you… please stay in touch.”

No way he wrote that by himself. I am a published author and I have helped many a family member write effective letters by collaborating with them one on one. It is almost like Saam is trying to make a statement via SG... hmmm

What time did WA drive by crime scene? And how does it correlate with the phone call she made to Dan after he was murdered?

He didn’t answer. Wouldn’t that make a normal person want to drive back and further investigate what happened on their street? Flagging down a cop?

She went on to have lunch after buying her Bulliet bourbon. Who does that?

WA KNEW.

What time did WA drive by crime scene? And how does it correlate with the phone call she made to Dan after he was murdered?

He didn’t answer. Wouldn’t that make a normal person want to drive back and further investigate what happened on their street? Flagging down a cop?

WA KNEW.

Who else could have provided DM's daily schedule and travel details to the alleged co-conspirators? How did the hitmen know exactly when and where DM was going to be? You don't drive 500 miles each way unless you know the target is going to be in town.

She made a call to DM approximately 45 minutes after he was shot.

WA KNEW.
IMO: WA was verifying if the deed was done by making the call and doing a drive by expecting nobody to be around, after all $100.000.00 had to be released when LR/SG arrived back in the Miami area. It's not rocket science...no one let's that kind of cash go without verification. Who was left back in Tallahassee to verify? The perpetrators never expected witnesses and bus cams to screw up their master plan, which was to execute DM in his garage with nobody around and not have him discovered for, God, who knows how long. It could have been days. IMO. WA was an integral part of the overall plan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member