CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, BT is not in the HK. That doesn't mean she couldn't have hopped transportation (whether it be via bus or a supportive friend) and took off to regions unknown.

It is possible.

IMO, anything can be possible, but personally, I’m not getting a vibe for this scenario. At least, not for this length of time without finally contacting her ill brother and his family in Hong Kong, who she was close to. And I think we’ve gotten the impression, too, that Barbara was very devoted to her dog Lexi. It’s hard for me to think she’d just leave her dear dog, too, (thinking as a fellow dog lover). IMO

Alright, BT is not in the HK. That doesn't mean she couldn't have hopped transportation (whether it be via bus or a supportive friend) and took off to regions unknown.

It is possible.

Many theories are "possible". Including the simplest one.

That BT fell and hit her head in a delirium of heat stroke, from drinking alcohol on a desert hike while wearing a swimsuit, and when she came to, she was lost and made her way to the road, where she was picked up by a rogue motorcycle gang who took her to Las Vegas.

Isn't that what her husband has been saying? I completely believe everything he has said.

This popped up on my news feed. Someone got found. Hope they can find out who.
I know we all wish there could be some resolution in this case.

Hikers Find Mystery Skeleton on Remote Mountain in California
"Forensic anthropologist Alison Galloway, a professor emerita of anthropology at University of California Santa Cruz, said the length of time it would take for a body to become a skeleton depends primarily on the temperature and local insect population.

In a warm area with certain types of flies, it could happen in six months. “The colder it is, the longer it will take,” she said.

Dr. Galloway had not seen the skeleton but said investigators typically hope there is still some soft tissue because then they “can get within a few months.” But with only bones, it is trickier to determine whether someone has been there for one year or 20."

"The sheriff’s office is attempting to obtain a DNA sample from the remains. Dr. Ed Green, a professor at University of California Santa Cruz, who is not involved in the investigation but specializes in extracting DNA from old remains, said that if no hair was available, an ear bone or tooth were generally reliable sources of DNA.

Investigators can then see if the DNA matches anyone in a missing person’s database. If not, and no promising leads emerge, Ms. Roper said the sheriff’s office planned to use forensic genealogy, a technique that relies on using cousins in genealogy databases to identify a person."

Last edited:

That BT fell and hit her head in a delirium of heat stroke, from drinking alcohol on a desert hike while wearing a swimsuit, and when she came to, she was lost and made her way to the road, where she was picked up by a rogue motorcycle gang who took her to Las Vegas.

Isn't that what her husband has been saying? I completely believe everything he has said.

No, he hasn't said that. Looks like it's time to quote this again:

To suggest that RT has not told the truth is plainly not victim friendly.

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

Massive? Wow JMO

Keep in mind the "massive inheritance" is basically a rumor - VI heard it from BT's estranged brother, apparently griping that their parents didn't leave him anything.

I've heard this before, parents die and the kids are convinced that (a) they were millionaires and (b) someone stole the money. Amazing how many millionaires are apparently in this country! MOO

This popped up on my news feed. Someone got found. Hope they can find out who.
I know we all wish there could be some resolution in this case.

Hikers Find Mystery Skeleton on Remote Mountain in California

We have a thread for that UID in the unidentified forum: CA - CA - Skeletal Remains Buried w/Leather Belt/Shoes, Btw Mt Tyndall & Mt Williamson, 7 Oct 2019
They believe it's a hiker based on clothing and they said it's possibly been there for decades. MOO.

LBM

Basically he said he theorized she may have been abducted . He said (paraphrased) "...I don't know... she was wearing a bikini and carrying a beer..." ; so maybe there was some connection in his mind however faint ?
We can't read his mind, but at least we have his statements and interviews to watch.
So, this post was victim friendly.

Although with added details ; but questioning if that was close to what the husband said.
And I agree the simplest explanation might be the correct one.
In most clear cases, that is.

I'm assuming your reference to rogue motorcycle gangs was hypothetical. :p
And re. the bolded , was this said with tongue in cheek (w/o really meaning what one is saying or writing) ?

The posters here in this thread have continually given RT the benefit of the doubt....so, kudos to this group.

Sad that this case looks like it's growing cold.
I believe it can be solved and Barbara can be found !

We have a thread for that UID in the unidentified forum: CA - CA - Skeletal Remains Buried w/Leather Belt/Shoes, Btw Mt Tyndall & Mt Williamson, 7 Oct 2019
They believe it's a hiker based on clothing and they said it's possibly been there for decades. MOO.

Yes, I was certain it wasn't Barbara.
But thanks for the update and the link .
At least hopefully someone will have answers.

Last edited:

No, that's not what her husband is saying. We have no idea what he thinks now.

He did not say anything about her being delirious from heat stroke or from the effects of alcohol, nor did he say he thought she got lost. In fact, he didn't think it was possible that she got lost, maybe that's what made him think she was abducted.

He also never mentioned anything about a motorcycle gang.

It is Barbara's family who believe there are powerful and dangerous people involved.

Imo

No, that's not what her husband is saying. We have no idea what he thinks now.

He did not say anything about her being delirious from heat stroke or from the effects of alcohol, nor did he say he thought she got lost. In fact, he didn't think it was possible that she got lost, maybe that's what made him think she was abducted.

He also never mentioned anything about a motorcycle gang.

It is Barbara's family who believe there are powerful and dangerous people involved.

Imo

Sorry, I was paraphrasing a bit from everything in this situation.

But again, as RT states, he said his wife disappeared (?), got lost, in the desert while on a hike. That is the simplest explanation. And everything goes from that statement.

1. There have been searches in the area where RT states BT was last seen.
2. There has not been any evidence that BT is alive at this time, as several posts have theorized.

My prayers go out to Barbara's family, that she is found.

Sorry, I was paraphrasing a bit from everything in this situation.

But again, as RT states, he said his wife disappeared (?), got lost, in the desert while on a hike. That is the simplest explanation. And everything goes from that statement.

1. There have been searches in the area where RT states BT was last seen.
2. There has not been any evidence that BT is alive at this time, as several posts have theorized.

My prayers go out to Barbara's family, that she is found.
Well, actually he didn't think she got lost. I got the impression that he did not think that was possible, since she was used to hiking in those conditions and he searched everywhere and couldn't find her.

All the theories about Barbara becoming disoriented and lost or injured have pretty much been speculation from here.

The theory that she was kidnapped and that some powerful and dangerous people are involved stems from the family. They seem to have information to support this. Many of them are in fear for their safety.
We have only had hints and vague clues as to what that is but most of it can't be discussed here, since we don't have evidence to back it up, and the VI can't post it here.

Imo

Saying RT thought BT got heat stroke, got lost, abducted by a motorcycle gang.

He never said any of that.

That's not "paraphrasing" - that is a lie.

I see now what you are referring to. While I believe it was meant sarcastically, well I think it was, the all important set of mooing initials was left off. I see why you say that.

Here are some facts.

These are fact that can be discussed, even, because mods have said that what RT has stated in MSM can be discussed.

Fact #1:

RT gave his interview to Inside Edition on July 17th, and explained to everyone that the only scenario that makes sense if that she's been abducted because, "she WAS wearing a bikini, and she had a beer in her hand, and she was ahead of me, and she had to cross that road" ergo, someone must have taken her.

If, as some here have conjectured, RT latched onto the abduction scenario because it was a more "hopeful" scenario than her still being lost in the desert, then surely it would have made more sense for him to cling to the idea that a Good Samaritan had picked her up instead.

Heck, it would have even made more sense for him to imagine she hitchhiked out of the area herself.

RT is the one who pitched the abduction theory. Period.
That is a fact. RT said she was abducted. LE certainly didn't.
In fact, LE has categorically stated they do not think BT was abducted.

So there's that.

And then we also have his own words regarding this:

RT also stated that LE considers him the prime suspect, and that LE told him his polygraph showed he was being deceptive, but not to worry, on account of he "knows they aren't 100%" and he "hadn't slept the night before."

So there's that, too.

A lot of people apparently want to overlook those facts.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads