Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t expect anything less from Daily Mail. They always have good photos, though!
It was good to see her smiling, and at least appear to have a good attitude. Her daughter on the other hand, nah... that scowl on her face means it’s attitude adjustment time. Kind of mind boggling how that Sense of Entitlement has apparently become second nature... makes one wonder how they would ever survive in the real world without all the favoritism.
Her daughters demeanor alone leads me to the conclusion that Felicity should have had a prison term of at least six months. Or, maybe the daughter could have been given the opportunity to take the sentence in lieu of her mother.
Seems like a good idea to me.

It was good to see her smiling, and at least appear to have a good attitude. Her daughter on the other hand, nah... that scowl on her face means it’s attitude adjustment time. Kind of mind boggling how that Sense of Entitlement has apparently become second nature... makes one wonder how they would ever survive in the real world without all the favoritism.
Her daughters demeanor alone leads me to the conclusion that Felicity should have had a prison term of at least six months. Or, maybe the daughter could have been given the opportunity to take the sentence in lieu of her mother.
Seems like a good idea to me.

Felicity’s daughter has learning disabilities and knew nothing about what her Mother did I personally don’t think it is fair to be critical of her.

Felicity’s daughter has learning disabilities and knew nothing about what her Mother did I personally don’t think it is fair to be critical of her.

Yeah, as per the hints from William Macy, it's been a hot time in the Huffman/Macy household and neither of the girls were pleased at being underrated by their mother; having been a teenage girl myself I can only imagine what types of screaming matches have been going on, lol.

^^^ wish I had CNN. Darn. :)

Wonder if it can be streamed from the website?? To Canada??

CNN’s Fareed Zakaria Examines Elite College Admissions From the Inside Premieres Sunday, Oct. 20

SCHEME and SCANDAL: Inside the College Admissions Crisis debuts Sunday, Oct. 20 at 9:00pm ET & PT on CNN & CNN International

As hearings and verdicts continue in the biggest cheating scandal in American history, the FBI’s “Varsity Blues” scam cases, CNN’s Fareed Zakaria examines how the college admissions process became so broken. SCHEME and SCANDAL: Inside the College Admissions Crisis, a Fareed Zakaria Special, will premiere Sunday, Oct. 20 at 9:00pm on CNN and CNN International...

During the premiere, SCHEME and SCANDAL: Inside the College Admissions Crisis will stream live for subscribers via CNNgo (www.CNN.com/go and via CNNgo apps for AppleTV, Roku, Amazon Fire, Chromecast, Samsung Smart TV, and Android TV) and on the CNN mobile apps for iOS and Android...

I apologize if I came across as too harsh or critical of the daughter. I will try to give her the benefit of the doubt that she really was innocent of the scam.

But my real point was, that it seems it wouldn’t be too much for her to show at least a bit of respect and humility, at least in public.
It’s not like she didn’t know the cameras would be there and waiting. Yet instead there she was with her scowl of resentment and righteous indignation. But then maybe she’s not mature enough to realize how her demeanor affects the family’s public image.

One other point, accommodations are available for the SAT and ACT for students with learning disabilities. They allow extended testing times. Do we know if this student even applied for this?

Last edited:
I apologize if I came across as too harsh or critical of the allegedly innocent daughter. I will try to give her the benefit of the doubt that she really was innocent of the scam.

But my point was, that it seems it wouldn’t be too much for her to show at least a bit of respect and humility, at least in public.
It’s not like she didn’t know the cameras would be there and waiting. Yet instead there she was with her scowl of resentment and righteous indignation.
Again, IMO, it all goes back to that entitlement issue.
Now just thinking, this entitlement problem seems to be a real problem in the younger generations anyway, so, there is that to ponder on.
All opinions respected of course, and to each his own.
Maybe she's scowling because paparazzi are taking her pic while she is trying to visit her mother in prison? I don't think that makes her entitled--I think it makes her human.

Maybe she's scowling because paparazzi are taking her pic while she is trying to visit her mother in prison? I don't think that makes her entitled--I think it makes her human.

You mean, instead of showing some humility , like her own mother and father were doing? So, what kind of human is she then?
And, I had already edited my post, guess you didn’t see? Sorry... :).

Do you realize I edited my post? Just a point . ;)
No, I didn't because it wasn't edited when I quoted your post, so I am not sure how I was supposed to know that. But I think my point still remains. Honestly, I don't know why knowing they are going to be there would make a difference. It's still a private moment that she knows is going to be broadcast around the world. If she doesn't want to smile for strangers, I don't blame her.

No, I didn't because it wasn't edited when I quoted your post, so I am not sure how I was supposed to know that. But I think my point still remains. Honestly, I don't know why knowing they are going to be there would make a difference. It's still a private moment that she knows is going to be broadcast around the world. If she doesn't want to smile for strangers, I don't blame her.

But Hollywood stars do not have “private moments” when they’re on the prison grounds. Their own criminal actions are what lost them that privilege. Perhaps we all have a lot to learn ? Have a good night. :)

But Hollywood stars do not have “private moments” when they’re on the prison grounds. Their own criminal actions are what lost them that privilege. Perhaps we all have a lot to learn ? Have a good night. :)
Oh I don't dispute that, but her daughter is not a Hollywood star and is not the one in prison, so I don't think that is applicable to her at all in relation to your criticism of the face she is making.

Oh I don't dispute that, but her daughter is not a Hollywood star and is not the one in prison, so I don't think that is applicable to her at all in relation to your criticism of the face she is making.
Yeah, I know, but... she is Felicity’s daughter. So, Either she shows genuine humility, or she fakes it til she makes it.... and comes out smelling like roses. If not, then......
It’s all about outward appearance, no? Isn’t that how Hollywood works ? I would be happy to know I was wrong.

Yeah, I know, but... she is Felicity’s daughter. So, Either she shows genuine humility, or she fakes it til she makes it.... and comes out smelling like roses. If not, then......
It’s all about outward appearance, no? Isn’t that how Hollywood works ? I would be happy to know I was wrong.
What does she have to show humility for? I have never heard any indication that the daughter was involved in the scheme, like some of the other kids.

And how does one show humility here? Should she be smiling for the cameras? That seems like it could be construed as arrogance and not taking the situation seriously.

Three (3) parents will plead guilty today:

Douglas Hodge - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit money laundering
10/21/19 at 10:00 - set to plead guilty before Judge Gorton.
Between October 2012 and April 2013, Hodge, then the CEO at Pimco, paid at least $625,000, to a private soccer club controlled by USC coaches, a college prep company and a nonprofit as part of a scheme to gain admission to USC for his daughter on the basis of a bogus athletic résumé. The daughter, portrayed by USC coaches and a top athletic department administrator as the co-captain of the Japan national team, was admitted to the university. She did not play soccer for the Trojans. The federal indictment also indicated Hodge conspired with Singer to get another child into Loyola Marymount. The child is not an LMU student and was not admitted to LMU for the fall 2019 semester. Hodge and Singer also conspired to get an older Hodge daughter into Georgetown in 2008 with an application that claimed victories in several U.S. Tennis Association events. The daughter had never played in a USTA event. The daughter was admitted on the recommendation of Georgetown tennis coach Gordie Ernst. The daughter did not play tennis at Georgetown.
Ex-Pimco CEO Douglas Hodge to plead guilty in college admissions scandal – Orange County Register

Manuel Henriquez - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit money laundering
10/21/19 at 2:00 pm - set to plead guilty before Judge Gorton. There's no word if his wife, Elizabeth, will change her plea as well.
A test proctor sat side by side with their daughter during her college entrance exam and provided answers to the questions. After the exam, Henriquez, his wife and their daughter gloated about the fact that they had cheated and gotten away with it.
Bay Area resident Manuel Henriquez agrees to plead guilty in college admissions scandal, US attorney says

Michelle Janavs - Conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and honest services mail and wire fraud; conspiracy to commit money laundering
10/21/19 at 2:30 pm - set to plead guilty before Judge Gorton.
A former executive in a family business that developed Hot Pockets, Janavs allegedly paid $100,000 to fix her daughter’s ACT exam score and to get her admitted to the University of Southern California’s volleyball team even though she didn’t play competitively. Janavs also allegedly paid thousands to get her younger daughter’s ACT exam score doctored. It is unclear whether the daughter was similarly recruited by a university or where she plans to attend school. According to the affidavit, Janavs’ older daughter was aware of the scheme, but the younger daughter was not.
Hot Pockets developer Michelle Janavs, former Wynn executive Gamal Aziz due in Boston court in college admission scandal

Looks like( per CNN) they announced a 4th parent to change plea. Anyone got a name?
Edit: NM, did Elizabeth Henrequez change her mind?

What does she have to show humility for? I have never heard any indication that the daughter was involved in the scheme, like some of the other kids.

I don't think it would have been possible for me to go to a college well beyond what my academic record would have allowed without me being the slightest bit suspicious. Not to mention the whole athletic team nonsense.

These kids knew. They might not admit it, they may have let their parents handle it, but they knew. Every one of them should have their diplomas stripped away.

Chris Villani
@ChrisVillani44

It's going to be a busy day in the courtroom of Judge Nathanial Gorton. Four parents are slated to plead guilty to various #CollegeAdmissionsScandal charges. Up first is Douglas Hodge, the former Pimco CEO who the gov't says spent 6-figures on fake recruiting profiles.

Chris Villani
@ChrisVillani44

Hodge will be sentenced on Jan. 22. Unlike Judge Talwani, we have not gotten much of a window into Judge Gorton's thoughts in sentencing these "Varsity Blues" parents. But experts I spoke to in April said he is a good draw for the feds.

Chris Villani
@ChrisVillani44

Douglas Hodge will not being addressing the media but issued a statement through a representative:
EHaK5TTWkAEbecA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member