Found Deceased NC - Bryan Davenport, 42, Charlotte, 19 Oct 2019

Sad, speaking of him in the past tense. I had a bad feeling about this. We have a mutual friend on facebook and she's very close to him. She is where I learned of this initially and she hasn't posted in a few hours.
I agree it is very sad. I have a sinking feeling he ran into some trouble and some people who did not have the best intentions. JMO

Last edited:
Zecats I hope we find out exactly what happened. I wish it was a better outcome. His family and friends must be devastated. I am thankful at least they know now and are not still looking and wondering, what little solace that may be. Crime scene tape no longer up according to family and friends at the scene. It may not be due to any criminal activity.

Reactions: Dre
Zecats I hope we find out exactly what happened. I wish it was a better outcome. His family and friends must be devastated. I am thankful at least they know now and are not still looking and wondering, what little solace that may be. Crime scene tape no longer up according to family and friends at the scene. It may not be due to any criminal activity.
Possible he left his truck behind and waked into the wooded area for some other reason? And then some folks came along and ransacked his truck and maybe stole credit cards? I guess that's possible, depending on what they have found during this last search. JMO

BBM I am wondering about that too. Those that used his credit cards must be feeling some heat right now, imo. Hope they have caught them!

I feel like it's true because they wouldn't cancel the missing person report or make an announcement on the missing facebook page.

Yeah, unfortunately I do too. I'm not sure that qualifies as official confirmation for TOS here, though. Do you know?

It's still a current, active Silver Alert NCDPS - Silver Alert - Active Alerts. It hasn't been cancelled yet. So IDK.

Silver Alert canceled for missing man in northwest Charlotte

This article has been updated, but has no definite information.

<snip>"A Silver Alert was issued early Monday for Davenport, who was last seen leaving his home in Stanley Saturday morning. Monday afternoon, the Silver Alert was canceled.

Searchers could be seen in a wooden area near Brookshire Boulevard after the truck was found.

The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department is putting up crime scene tape and securing part of the area. They have not confirmed the nature of their search or investigation. CMPD said a “discovery” was made near Brookshire Blvd before noon. Investigators aren’t specifying what this discovery was, but many people who came out to the scene left the woods crying."<snip>

. — A missing Gaston County man was found deceased in Charlotte Monday afternoon. There was a large police presence in northwest Charlotte after the man's truck was found Monday.

During a ground search of where his vehicle was earlier located, the CMPD Aviation Unit found a body in a secluded area near the 9700 block of Hutchinson Lane

Officers located him and pronounced him deceased. After further investigation, his identity was confirmed to be that of the missing man: Bryan Davenport, 42.

His family has been notified of his death. The cause of death has not yet been released.

The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department was conducting an active investigation along Brookshire Boulevard between Interstate 485 and Pleasant Grove Road.

Crime Scene Search and Homicide Detectives responded to process the scene and collect physical evidence.

At this time, the Medical Examiner’s Office listed the cause and manner of death as pending. No signs of trauma were noted, officials say.

Once the Medical Examiner’s Office has reviewed all evidence related to the case, the cause or manner of his death is expected to be released.

Earlier Monday, his truck was found in the area just south of Mountain Island Lake.

A Silver Alert was issued early Monday for Davenport, who was last seen leaving his home in Stanley Saturday morning. Monday afternoon, the Silver Alert was canceled.

Searchers could be seen in a wooded area near Brookshire Boulevard after the truck was found.

The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department put up crime scene tape and secured part of the area. CMPD said a “discovery” was made near Brookshire Boulevard before noon. Investigators didn't originally specify what the discovery was, but many people who came out to the search left the woods crying.

Davenport's family said he left his home Saturday morning around 11:30 a.m. in his truck. No one had talked to him since he left home.

A Silver Alert is issued when an endangered person goes missing. Davenport was believed to be suffering from dementia or some other cognitive impairment, according to the NC Center for Missing Persons, an agency within the Department of Public Safety that issues silver alerts.

This remains an active and ongoing investigation.

Missing Gaston County man found dead after Charlotte search

Charlotte police have found the body of a man who was reported missing from Gaston County Monday.

According to Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, officers found the body of 41-year-old Bryan Edward Davenport in a secluded area near Hutchinson Lane in north Charlotte.

Charlotte officials had been assisting Gaston County law enforcement with an investigation of Davenport’s disappearance. He was initially reported missing after he was last seen on Woodys Lane in Stanley.

A Silver Alert was initially issued for Davenport, who was believed to be suffering from dementia or some type of cognitive impairment, according to the N.C. Center for Missing Persons.

Searching officers located the body in the secluded area and pronounced Davenport dead. Detectives are now conducting a death investigation.

At this time, police say the Medical Examiner’s Office has not yet listed the cause/manner of death, but no signs of trauma were noted. Information about the cause/manner of death will be released after the Medical Examiner’s Office has reviewed all evidence related to the case,

This is an ongoing, active investigation, and no further information was released.

Police find body of missing man in north Charlotte, death investigation underway

A death investigation is underway after the body of a Gaston County man, who was the subject of a Silver Alert, was found in north Charlotte.

According to Charlotte-Mecklenburg police, authorities located the body of 41-year-old Bryan Edward Davenport Monday in a secluded area near the 9700 block of Hutchinson Lane.

His cause of death has not yet been determined.

Davenport, 41, went missing Saturday, his mother tells FOX 46. Davenport's truck was found on Brookshire Sunday afternoon near where authorities eventually discovered his body.

Citizens were asked to be on the lookout for Davenport, who is believed to be suffering from dementia or some other cognitive impairment.

Davenport was last seen wearing a gray jumpsuit with black shoes. He was last seen at 217 Woodys Lane in Stanley before his truck was discovered in Charlotte.

Gaston County man who was subject of Silver Alert found dead in north Charlotte

— A death investigation is underway after officers located the body of a missing Gaston County man in northwest Charlotte.

A Silver Alert was issued for 41-year-old Bryan Davenport after his truck was found in Charlotte on Monday off Brookshire Boulevard near I-485.

The Silver Alert mentioned that Davenport may have been suffering from dementia or some other cognitive impairment.

Officials with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department say Davenport’s body was found in a secluded area near Hutchinson Lane which runs parallel to Brookshire Boulevard.

At this time, the Medical Examiner’s Office has listed the cause and manner of death as pending, but there are no signs of trauma, according to a news release.

Authorities Locate Missing Gaston County Man's Body, Death Investigation Underway - WCCB Charlotte's CW

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back