Found Deceased OR - Owen Klinger, 18, University of Portland, 6 Oct 2019

They would know by now if this was Owen, right? It says the body was found yesterday afternoon.
Yes, very sad for someone’s family. :(
The coroner still needs to do an analysis to determine cause of death, and if the family ID'd the body, they likely wouldn't immediately jump to tell the media. There's family to be with and notify, etc. I hope it's not him, but if it is him, I'm glad they located his body.

If it is Own, which I hope it is not. The Detectives would know what he was last wearing if he had a wallet, etc. they would take it to the family to initially identify. If the family wasn't sure the items belonged to the descendant, dentals would be done. So the parents may want some privacy now to grieve. When my family member was found after 14 months the pocketbook was first brought to be identified with ID inside. Then dentals. It happened very fast. It was on the front page of the newspaper and news within a day, or day an half. In the 14 months she was missing a few bodies were found we would all grasp, if it was on the news we already knew it wasn't our missing.

Last edited:
The family posted on their facebook page at 11:49 PM Sunday. The message said they were still looking. I think it would be odd for them to post this if there was a chance any body found could be him. Maybe they didn't know at that time, but it was 10 hours prior when the call was made about it.

In the post I mention, they used a bunch of hashtags as well. Some they had used before, but a lot they have not. Read into it what you will but some seem more pointed than others. Maybe just doing what they can to get word out as wide as possible, but seems more deliberate to me.

In a statement, Mary and Dustin Klinger said:

“Portland police have notified us that they have recovered a body that we believe is our son, Owen Klinger. We deeply appreciate the extraordinary effort and support that thousands of people have provided over the past two weeks. We now ask for privacy as we move forward with our healing process.”

Noooooo!!!!

The coroner still needs to do an analysis to determine cause of death, and if the family ID'd the body, they likely wouldn't immediately jump to tell the media. There's family to be with and notify, etc. I hope it's not him, but if it is him, I'm glad they located his body.
Please let this not be Owen. Prayers to whoever’s family this is, they were somebody and they were loved.

While I am deeply saddened by this outcome, I am so thankful they found his body swiftly. May that bring his friends and family a sense of peace. Hoping that the autopsy is able to rule out foul play so that the family can have some kind of closure.

RIP Owen. I hope you yourself have found peace on the other side.

One news story I read said they recovered the body from the water and the other said the body was found on a beach near some docks. Anyone know?

Could’ve been recovered from shallow water. KOIN has a picture of the approximate area.

Hmm.. I don’t like this. I’m sure the assumption for the most part right now is suicide, and that’s definitely an option, but I have had two friends commit suicide from the St. John’s bridge and both were found within a day... like I get that rivers are unpredictable, but for him to be right there 15 days later and for no one to have seen anything till now seems odd.

Hmm.. I don’t like this. I’m sure the assumption for the most part right now is suicide, and that’s definitely an option, but I have had two friends commit suicide from the St. John’s bridge and both were found within a day... like I get that rivers are unpredictable, but for him to be right there 15 days later and for no one to have seen anything till now seems odd.
It's not odd, actually. I don't want to get too graphic in case friends of Owen's are on here, but it's not unusual.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back