Found Deceased NC - Bryan Davenport, 42, Charlotte, 19 Oct 2019

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article236498133.html

BBM

I don't know if it's just protocol for homicide to investigate.

"Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police homicide detectives are investigating the death of a missing man whose body was found in northwest Charlotte on Monday.

The victim was identified as Bryan Edward Davenport, 41, police said. Davenport had been reported missing, last seen in Stanly.

Airborne officers spotted his body Monday morning in a secluded area near the 9700 block of Hutchinson Lane, where Davenport’s vehicle had been found earlier. The heavily wooded area is near Brookshire Boulevard."

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article236498133.html#storylink=cpy

I am a local but was not part of the search this morning so I do not know any more than has been released by MSM about the condition of his body or how far into the woods he was found.

@MimosaMornings brought up the road being Hwy 16/Brookshire Blvd and this is common here - major non-interstate roads being referred to as both the highway number and street name. In this case, we call it Brookshire Blvd from approximately where it intersects with Mount Holly-Huntersville Rd (slightly north of where his truck was found) almost to center city where I-77 intersects with I-277/Hwy 16. North of Mount Holly-Huntersville Rd heading into Lincoln County, it's referred to as just Hwy 16; the I-277 loop around center city becomes the John Belk Freeway and Hwy 16 does follow that to a point but will split off at 3rd Street/Providence Rd near the campus of Central Piedmont Community College. I know it's just a technicality at this point but, hopefully, that will help to provide a little bit of clarification.

It's Brookshire Blvd from Uptown to 85, then it becomes Highway 16.
Source: I live in Charlotte ;)

It's Brookshire Blvd from Uptown to 85, then it becomes Highway 16.
Source: I live in Charlotte ;)

Some of us locals/natives still refer to it as Brookshire up to Mt Holly-Huntersville Rd and, similarly, addresses for a lot of the businesses in that stretch are Brookshire Blvd.

ETA: But, again, it's a technicality at this point and irrelevant to the outcome of the case.

I wonder if he had a fall or injury that caused his "mental condition". A family member of mine had a fall and had water on the brain for a while and he was very confused, falling and suffering from short term memory loss. No one knows when the actual fall happened and it took some time to figure out what was going on.

Any mention anywhere yet that this is a homicide?

According to the article below, cause and manner of death are still pending, and no signs of trauma were noted.

Missing Gaston County man found dead after Charlotte search
Crime Scene Search and Homicide Detectives responded to process the scene and collect physical evidence.

At this time, the Medical Examiner’s Office listed the cause and manner of death as pending. No signs of trauma were noted, officials say.

Once the Medical Examiner’s Office has reviewed all evidence related to the case, the cause or manner of his death is expected to be released.

Bryan Edward Davenport, 41, a lifelong resident of Stanley, NC left us all too early on Saturday October 19, 2019. Bryan is survived by his parents Linda Allen Pelt and David Lee Davenport. His love Pam Davis and multiple close friends that he genuinely loved with all his heart. His cousin Jean Neal Morris as well as many extended family throughout the country. Bryan was preceded in death by his grandparents Maynard (PawPaw) and Elizabeth (Woody) Allen and John and Ruby Davenport. His family also included Jerrica Helderman whom he lost to cancer a few years ago.

Bryan was born November 8, 1977 and graduated from East Gaston High School in 1996 and was a proud member of the football team. Bryan was an avid snowboarder and motorcyclist. He spent the rest of his free time enjoying 4x4 activities, lake days, Panther football and Tarheel basketball. If he liked it, he loved it, there was no in between.

Bryan was known by many as the man of the hour. He was loved and adored by all that crossed his path. He is known for his blue eyes and their ability to light up a room and his charismatic personality to match. Bryan never met a stranger, and once a friend, you instantly became family. Bryan will be missed by his friends, family and entire community. His charm, smile and contagious laugh that embodied “#44” will forever live on in their hearts.

The celebration of Bryan’s life will be held 11:00am Friday October 25th, 2019 at New Covenant United Methodist Church in Mt. Holly, NC. Burial will follow in the Snow Hill Cemetery.

Obituary for Bryan Edward Davenport | Jeffrey S. Painter Funeral Director Licensee

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suvendudash
Back