CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this. You know what I find really interesting is that we've spent the best part of 11 threads discussing these comments. We've analysed them and debated them upside down and inside out. When you see them written out, it's really just a few lines. Fascinating how they've lead to so much discussion. We are super debaters!

We really need some more factual info now. LE, if you're reading this, throw us a crumb or two please :confused:

RBBM

Not the word I've have used; you are always so gracious. :)

@MsBetsy :) Acknowledging your post w a (quasi) response to my questions.
"The taxes were not the point of my post..."

"...it really wasn't important"
"Anyway I had it backwards..."

I'll leave it at that and try to move past it.:cool:
Yes, I never meant the taxes to be anything significant, especially since we have no idea how much money was left to her.
I only added it as a last thought, because I know that anything over a certain amount ( I thought it was 600,000) is heavily taxed, so it is impossible to know how much her parents left her to begin with, and how much of that went to taxes before she inherited it.
I only know that everyone I know who has a large amount of money to leave to someone else, tries to give that money away, or at least as much as the government will allow, so that it will not be taxed before they die, in order to leave as much as they can to their children or whoever is inheriting the money. The more they have (especially if it is in the millions) the more they try to give away each year.

Imo

Yes, I never meant the taxes to be anything significant, especially since we have no idea how much money was left to her.
I only added it as a last thought, because I know that anything over a certain amount ( I thought it was 600,000) is heavily taxed, so it is impossible to know how much her parents left her to begin with, and how much of that went to taxes before she inherited it.
I only know that everyone I know who has a large amount of money to leave to someone else, tries to give that money away, or at least as much as the government will allow, so that it will not be taxed before they die, in order to leave as much as they can to their children or whoever is inheriting the money. The more they have (especially if it is in the millions) the more they try to give away each year.

Imo
And yes, I had it backwards, meaning the person leaving the money compared to the person receiving the money.
But it still effects the person receiving the money if the money is taxed before the person ever receives the inheritance so it still plays a role in how much the person actually gets in the end.

Imo

I’ve seen in other cases where a spouse will make suggestions as to what could have happened to their missing spouse as to direct the investigation in a certain way, or more importantly away from themselves. Not saying that is the case here.

There are only a hand full of things that could have happened to Barbara.

1) She got lost or disoriented on the trail on the way back to the RV and succumbed to the elements. Not likely because she wasn’t that far from her husband, according to him and something of her would have been found by now.

2) She was abducted in a vehicle because she was a lone woman, out in the middle of nowhere. Not warmed up to this one. There are a lot of vehicles that travel that Interstate, so to be unseen isn’t likely. No sign of her beer bottle/can dropped in the abduction.

3) She disappeared on her own, but without a phone and out in the middle of nowhere, a rendezvous would be hard to plan, since the stop in the turnout was suppose to be a spur of the moment thing.

4) She was killed by someone and thrown down a mine or buried in the desert or never made it to that turnout. Maybe an earlier one is where pictures of BT were taken.

All this is just my opinion.

So, any other possibilities of what logically could have happened to Barbara Thomas?
At this time, I vote for no. 4.

My only interest in the money angle, right now, is whether RT makes a future move to have her declared dead. I'm truly curious about whether he will do it, and how long he will wait if he does.
A question : Wasn't there an interview taken from inside RT's home and one from outside ?
Or are you saying that one film crew interviewed RT, part of it indoors and part outside ?

So it was considered a single interview.
Which would make sense if it was the only tv station to interview him.
Tia.

Yes, but it was the same person (Leah) and her camera crew who did both. I thought they were separate as well, but she let me know that she did both (and then I realized it was actually inside his house). I thought it might have been at the polygraph, but it wasn't.

Having read nearly every post in this and previous threads, # 4 is the option that least strains credulity.

#'s 2 and 3 would be nice to consider, as then there's a possibility she's alive.
But the mental gymnastics required would tax the minds of most seasoned investigators.

Not saying there isn't always hope; as long as she's still missing.
We just don't know exactly what happened.

And the abduction theory was not provided by the media/reporters ; however one wants to interpret msm.
Reporters and msm have at times 'screwed up' mightily; but not in this case.
An interview was conducted , and (quoting from what's in msm ) ... "that's it."
End of story.
MOO

Exactly. Occam’s Razor. The simplest explanation with the least amount of assumptions. #4.

There are just too many hoops to jump through for the other options to be correct. IMO

An estate tax is a tax on the right to transfer property when you die. The IRS exempts estates of less than $11.4 million from the tax in 2019, so few people actually end up paying it. Plus, that exemption is per person, so a married couple could double it. For 2019, 13 states and the District of Columbia have an estate tax. Many have lower asset thresholds than the federal government. Six states have an inheritance tax in 2019, and one collects both estate and inheritance taxes. Inheritance taxes are different in that they are paid by heirs rather than by the deceased’s estate.

Exactly. Occam’s Razor. The simplest explanation with the least amount of assumptions. #4.

There are just too many hoops to jump through for the other options to be correct. IMO

But it does require hoops: that being that this is the perfect crime, perfectly executed, no evidence of her being killed, police not finding evidence of a crime, etc.

RT Interview(s)?
Oddly, or not so oddly (if one doesn’t trust the media), Inside Edition claimed they conducted the interview with Rob.
In an interview with Inside Edition, Robert Thomas said he believes someone took Barbara when he lost sight of her during their hike.
"If anyone has her, I would just beg that they would release her, no questions asked," he said, becoming emotional. "I just want her back ...."

Husband of Woman Who Vanished During Mojave Desert Hike: 'I Just Want Her Back'

@MassGuy[/USER] sbm :) and Others

"In an interview with Inside Edition, Robert Thomas said..." A deceptive omission? Kinda, sorta.

"In an interview with an Inside Edition affiliate, Robert Thomas said..." Clearer w 2 addtional words.

"In an interview with an Inside Edition affiliate, KXXX-TV Robert Thomas said..." Much clearer.

Like much we read/hear in MSM, this kind of distinction get glossed over. May not be meaningful in many interviews (take your pick of %) except in the interests of disclosing The Truth, the Whole Truth, and Nothing But the Truth. Not saying it does not matter, because in a certain frame of mind, I can parse a distinction like this ^ all day long.

BTW, does anyone recall how or why this question came up - about the "IE interview."
(In early threads, I was puzzled for a few minutes about RT doing interview w Internet Explorer. o_O)
jmo

Last edited:
But it does require hoops: that being that this is the perfect crime, perfectly executed, no evidence of her being killed, police not finding evidence of a crime, etc.
But here's the thing:

If, stressing IF, this is a crime, that's not the crime scene.

That explains why no evidence of a crime has been found.

That explains why nothing at all has been found to support her being there.

Occam would say that the simplest explanation for there being zero evidence of BT being there is that she wasn't there.

JMO.

But here's the thing:

If, stressing IF, this is a crime, that's not the crime scene.

That explains why no evidence of a crime has been found.

That explains why nothing at all has been found to support her being there.

Occam would say that the simplest explanation for there being zero evidence of BT being there is that she wasn't there.

JMO.

But there was a crime which would have taken place somewhere. Blood, fiber, other fluids, evidence of a struggle, the RV being spotted on camera in a place where it shouldn't have been, the RV not being seen in a place and time it should have been, etc.

There's a saying that you have to be perfect to not get caught, it only takes one mistake. Especially if you are close to the victim and so the police know which vehicles to track, whose property to search, etc.

And let's be clear, this is about RT who the mods have repeatedly said is a victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member