AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are more than a month in. Why isn’t LE issuing a statement for all parents to use extreme caution while out at least in the tri-county area as they have a child predator on the loose? Where is the urgency and concern?

Additionally, we have a child advocate quoted in news articles further back in feeds stating that mom sat in the car the Friday prior while the children got out and played. I think we can all agree that children are quicker than the wind and can disappear in seconds and that even the most attentive parents can loose a child, but we have established a pattern here.

I live in the area and it's common to sit in your car and watch your kids play in the park. At several parks in the area. It's common here.

I think what Noema meant is "at the time she wouldn't do anything differently." She's been doing this for God knows how long and nothing has ever happened before.

Give the woman a break (generally speaking, not at the person I quoted). Geesh.

I would love to hear from a Bridgeton local that Dulce’s name is still on everyone’s lips there. From news reports, I’m not seeing it otherwise. Between this case and another case, 2 tiny little girls are missing without much to go on, it seems. Yet one case is still big news and the passion to find her is overwhelming. I think doors would be kicked in and the gates of heaven stormed to find that baby, if need be. Please tell me the local discussion over Dulce is just as determined. I’m afraid rumors have really hampered the public’s perception here to the point they don’t think searching is going to reveal anything. I hate this!

I'm 30 minutes away and no one talks about it. It's not even on the news anymore. During the morning news, on the bottom of the screen, it'll say "no new leads in Dulce Alavez kidnapping case." But that's it.

My son had a go to speech if some one made him uncomfortable. Mostly cause he refused to go in womens washroom at like 4. "My mummy got a gun in her purse, and she's waiting for me".. I do not have a gun but it did give him attitude. At a park kids sometimes get pissy cause theyb do not want to leave. As an observer at park how would you know an abduction from a tantrum?

We don't know if she changed clothes.
What one person does may not be what another person does.
Again, this has no relevance to the case. Imo
She most definitely changed clothes because Bridgeton Public Schools require uniforms. So if she attended school that day and then went to the park afterwards, she was not wearing her maroon and white school attire at that point.

Could be relevant with timeline if she went home first to change, and to ask did she change at her grandmother's house where she lives?...did she pick out and change into her own outfit? - all of which would NOT be conclusive that her Mom would necessarily remember exactly what she was wearing.

The video of ice cream pick up shows Dulces clothes. Would i remember what my child was wearing..no.. Its clean put it on. I never did. -like -color coordinating kid clothing just let it be clean.

Last edited:
She most definitely changed clothes because Bridgeton Public Schools require uniforms. So if she attended school that day and then went to the park afterwards, she was not wearing her maroon and white school attire at that point.

Could be relevant with timeline if she went home first to change, and to ask did she change at her grandmother's house where she lives?...did she pick out and change into her own outfit? - all of which would NOT be conclusive that her Mom would necessarily remember exactly what she was wearing.
Do we know if she attended school that day? Do we know if the mother observed her changing clothes?
We already know what she was wearing when she went missing.
LE has not mentioned any discrepancies in the mothers description and what she actually was wearing.
So how is it relevant?

Sorry, with the lack of new information and the early conflicting stories - I tend to get a bit off track and start to rehash things in my mind and it comes out in a post. Just trying to review and refresh to see if there is a clue out there somewhere to find Dulce.

I think maybe this is to do with thought proccess. If you asked me why i sank the titanic and would i do anything different. I would answer no. Because if i was going to do anything different then i would of done it. Would i would do anything different in the future ..well yes of course. Because i have experianced a new happening.

Last edited:
I live in the area and it's common to sit in your car and watch your kids play in the park. At several parks in the area. It's common here.

I think what Noema meant is "at the time she wouldn't do anything differently." She's been doing this for God knows how long and nothing has ever happened before.

Give the woman a break (generally speaking, not at the person I quoted). Geesh.
It would be nice if she actually watched. But she saw nothing of what happened so it's safe to assume she didn't watch them on the playground. And initially it was an 8 year old who became concerned she couldn't see the children, not the mother.

Last edited:
I think maybe this is to do with thought proccess. If you asked me why i sank the titanic and would i do anything different. I would answer no. Because if i was going to do anything different then i would of done it. Would i would do anything different in the future ..well yes of course. Because i have experianced a new happening.
You sank the titanic? I presume not. If this question was asked of the captain, what do you think he would have answered?

I think some of you have lost sight of who is actually responsible for Dulce's abduction. Dulce's mom is a victim in this situation. She is little more than a child herself. She is 19, had her first child at 14, never completed high school, English is not her first language, her culture is wildly different from most, and she's in a very stressful situation at the moment. Picking apart every word she says is pointless, unless you think she's somehow masterminded Dulce's disappearance in that short half hour or so between the time of the store video and the incident being reported.

English is my first language, and while I do come from a Mexican family, Spanish was not spoken in my home as a child. I still use ground/floor, roof/ceiling, etc., interchangeably. If someone were to pick apart every word I said in any conversation, they would have a field day. I can only imagine the stupid things I'd say in a situation such as this. She's better off not speaking at all. And then you would criticize her because she wasn't speaking out. The girl can't win.

THIS. THANK YOU. I can't thank you enough. From comments I am seeing, it does not seem like Noema is being treated as a victim at all in this situation. She is being criticized and scrutinized even from here. I stand FIRM FIRM FIRM about the language barrier and I really think that unless you have first hand knowledge of what it is like to have another language as the language you speak all the time then you really shouldn't be speaking on it.

I can understand why she would say no.
She has already been criticized and accused by the community for every word she says.
On the second day after Dulce went missing, one of the people helping to search offered her a slice of pizza because she had not eaten in 36 hours.
Someone screamed at her and cursed at her for daring to eat while her child is missing.
I'm sure she wishes she had done things differently, but I think it was a smart move not to list all those things and be subject to more scrutiny.
She is carrying around enough guilt as it is. How does it help now to point out all the things she should have done?

It's too bad instead if criticizing the family, the community did not help her get the word out to the media and search for her instead of blaming her. The focus should be on finding the child and the anger should be directed towards the perpetrator.

And yes, she is probably riddled with guilt and sleepless nights wondering and wishing she could have done things differently.

It was insensitive for the interviewer to even ask her that question. It's only been a month. All it does is give people another reason to criticize her.

Dulce may never be found and is most likely deceased. How someone could ask her if she can think of anything she would have done differently at this point is beyond me.

Imo

I agree 100%!

THIS. THANK YOU. I can't thank you enough. From comments I am seeing, it does not seem like Noema is being treated as a victim at all in this situation. She is being criticized and scrutinized even from here. I stand FIRM FIRM FIRM about the language barrier and I really think that unless you have first hand knowledge of what it is like to have another language as the language you speak all the time then you really shouldn't be speaking on it.
I have first hand knowledge so I guess I am allowed to speak on the subject? Yes, it's not easy to speak in a foreign language. She has it much easier than most immigrants, since she is actually not an immigrant but a natural born citizen. Try to learn a language when you are an adult.

I have been wondering if the school ever has a "wear what you want" day. The elementary school I went to in California was a uniform school but we had certain days that we could wear what we wanted, special occasions. And even though it is a different country, the school my kids went to in Mexico let the kids wear jeans for 5 pesos every other Friday. I tried finding a calendar online to see if Dulces school had any days like this but they don't even have a website.

There is no neglect or abuse issues mentioned. In video Dulse looked confident happy. Why would her mom expect her child to be abducted. She has taken her children there before.Abduction is very rare and not expected...unless you read here. Dulse was a healthy happy child no issues.

There is no neglect or abuse issues mentioned. In video Dulse looked confident happy. Why would her mom expect her child to be abducted. She has taken her children there before.Abduction is very rare and not expected...unless you read here. Dulse was a healthy happy child no issues.
Mom wasn't actually raising Dulce, grandmom and grandad were. Mom herself admits hanging around with friends and doing things she shouldn't have been doing, although she is pretty vague on that subject and claims she stopped when she got pregnant (I presume with her third child). But if Dulce was living with mom it would likely be another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah