AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
And your issue with grandparents having custody is? Dulces mom already said she could of helped more
....she was 14. Her choice to give custody to grandparents was a good one.

And your issue with grandparents having custody is? Dulces mom already said she could of helped more
....she was 14. Her choice to give custody to grandparents was a good one.
I have no issue with grandparents having custody. I was answering to you that no claims of neglect and abuse are likely due to grandparents having custody. You seemed to have been giving credit to mom for that. I don't think mom could have raised Dulce.

If it's so obvious then why would the interviewer ask the question to begin with?
Again, how is it relevant to finding the child?
I still have not heard an explanation as to it's relevance.

IMO the question/answer isn't just about finding the child. It's also a teaching moment for other people put in charge of young children. However, the mom's answer (in any case) very well could be relevant to an investigation to someone who is trained in LE. They have to look at all the pieces to the puzzle, and the mom is a huge part of the puzzle. I'm sure they look at anyone who is being interviewed and sometimes the media does ask questions LE might not ask. The more questions asked of anyone, IMO, the better.

I'm 30 minutes away and no one talks about it. It's not even on the news anymore. During the morning news, on the bottom of the screen, it'll say "no new leads in Dulce Alavez kidnapping case." But that's it.
Because LE seems to be completely stumped, I am afraid. Looks like all their leads turned up nothing so far. What is news going to report? They actually need some news.

Webslueths has people from all cultures and social economic types. I only know what my life experiances give me. There are people commenting here from many different life values. I am emphatic to ..what i know.. And Dulce and family is normal to me. I have not experianced all life styles. So i do not understand you same as you do not understand me. Dulce is not coming home.. Though i so hope she will. Moo

IMO the question/answer isn't just about finding the child. It's also a teaching moment for other people put in charge of young children. However, the mom's answer (in any case) very well could be relevant to an investigation to someone who is trained in LE. They have to look at all the pieces to the puzzle, and the mom is a huge part of the puzzle. I'm sure they look at anyone who is being interviewed and sometimes the media does ask questions LE might not ask. The more questions asked of anyone, IMO, the better.
I don't think LE is interested in teaching other people how to care for children. I think they are interested in finding Dulce.
And yes, I'm sure they have considered all involved and investigated those people.
But I highly doubt they are going to analyze her answer at this point. Just because she said no she couldn't think of anything she should have done to prevent her daughter from being kidnapped does not mean it's some big clue for LE.

Imo

Not sure if this has been posted already today. An article from NJ.com this afternoon states Dulce's family will be having a press conference on Wednesday (tomorrow) at 11:30 to discuss future search details. The search is to take place Sunday at 9:00 am. Fliers to be distributed door to door in addition to . the search. Meetup at the playground.

Family of missing 5-year-old girl Dulce Alavez plans new search, remains hopeful she’ll be found

*edited to fix a spelling error and meetup details.

Last edited:
I have been wondering if the school ever has a "wear what you want" day. The elementary school I went to in California was a uniform school but we had certain days that we could wear what we wanted, special occasions. And even though it is a different country, the school my kids went to in Mexico let the kids wear jeans for 5 pesos every other Friday. I tried finding a calendar online to see if Dulces school had any days like this but they don't even have a website.
I was able to find a calendar that gave school start and dismissal times as well as holidays , first day of school, etc. It's posted back..probably in the first thread when we were (I was) trying to discern if Bridgeton offered full-day Kindergarten. I did discover that the day she went missing was only the 6th day of school. I'd say it's possible that there is a day occasionally where kids can choose to wear something different, but I wouldn't think it would be the 6th day of school, nor the first Monday.

Bridgeton instituted uniforms in order to "serve as a sort of cultural intervention for the district's children. Many of the city's children enter the work force with a limited understanding how to dress for success," said Bridgeton Board of Education Members.

Quote from Press of Atlantic City, August 13, 2013, from an article on Cumberland County Schools.

More Cumberland schools are mandating uniforms for students

I have first hand knowledge so I guess I am allowed to speak on the subject? Yes, it's not easy to speak in a foreign language. She has it much easier than most immigrants, since she is actually not an immigrant but a natural born citizen. Try to learn a language when you are an adult.

I have. I am a white American who learned how to speak spanish because I HAD to. As an adult. I am curious to know what your first language was and how long you have been speaking English?

It is just so weird because 90% of the people I am close to are hispanic and all speak english but spanish is their 1st language, and discussing this case with them, they have all agreed that Noema has an issue with language. I can hear it as plain as day in her interview, when she says things like "he didn't RAN back to the car" or when she said that she normally "gets down" with the kids at the park. Or how she answers weirdly in english but when asked in spanish she answers clearly.

My sister also speaks spanish. She speaks what I call street spanish. Nothing proper. One time on our answering machine my husband said "paz en la tierra" which translates to "peace on earth". My sister sat there and argued with my husband, who was born in Mexico, that he was saying "peace on the dirt". Why someone would argue with someone else about what a word means in a language they barely know is beyond me. But I am going to go with what I know and what actual spanish speakers have observed themselves. If you were truly around people who spoke in heavily accented english and who could not speak the english language 100% then you would know that there is a language barrier with Noema. And again, she is NOT the criminal here, so why are we talking like she is?

I don't remember reading this comment from Mom before. Seems what she did that day Dulce went missing WAS different from what she normally did.

BBM

Perez said she was in a car, approximately 30 yards away, playing a scratch-off ticket and helping her sister with homework.

"I don't know what happened. She's just an innocent girl," Perez said of Dulce.

Perez has been overwhelmed by criticism on social media since that day and said she's usually outside the car when her kids are playing.

'I'm worried about my daughter': Mother of missing NJ girl speaks as search continues

I was able to find a calendar that gave school start and dismissal times as well as holidays , first day of school, etc. It's posted back..probably in the first thread when we were (I was) trying to discern if Bridgeton offered full-day Kindergarten. I did discover that the day she went missing was only the 6th day of school. I'd say it's possible that there is a day occasionally where kids can choose to wear something different, but I wouldn't think it would be the 6th day of school, nor the first Monday.

Bridgeton instituted uniforms in order to "serve as a sort of cultural intervention for the district's children. Many of the city's children enter the work force with a limited understanding how to dress for success," said Bridgeton Board of Education Members.

Quote from Press of Atlantic City, August 13, 2013, from an article on Cumberland County Schools.

More Cumberland schools are mandating uniforms for students

I did see the school calendar where it showed what days school is in session because it is being argued by an alleged local that there was no school the previous Friday or Monday the 16th so a pic is being shared. I also noticed that school had just started a few days prior. The type of calendar I am talking about is like an event calendar specific to the school. Like our schools here will list on their calendars wacky hair day and pajama day, bring your dad for donuts day, etc. I was unable to find anything like that but you are right, it was probably too early in the school year to have a fun day.

I still have not had a chance to read the previous threads. I always try to because WS is a great source of factual information, most of the time.

I did see the school calendar where it showed what days school is in session because it is being argued by an alleged local that there was no school the previous Friday or Monday the 16th so a pic is being shared. I also noticed that school had just started a few days prior. The type of calendar I am talking about is like an event calendar specific to the school. Like our schools here will list on their calendars wacky hair day and pajama day, bring your dad for donuts day, etc. I was unable to find anything like that but you are right, it was probably too early in the school year to have a fun day.

I still have not had a chance to read the previous threads. I always try to because WS is a great source of factual information, most of the time.
I understand what you mean. I am a teacher (retired) and now I sub. The calendars my school or district website usually include that kind of info (pep rally, school play, silly hair day, etc)...so I assumed it may have been found on Bridgeton's school pages as well.

There's a lot of reading I know..often times the search option my best friend for each individual thread when looking for something specific. I remember having a difficult time finding the info I did finally get about her school year/day.

I don't remember reading this comment from Mom before. Seems what she did that day Dulce went missing WAS different from what she normally did.

BBM

Perez said she was in a car, approximately 30 yards away, playing a scratch-off ticket and helping her sister with homework.

"I don't know what happened. She's just an innocent girl," Perez said of Dulce.

Perez has been overwhelmed by criticism on social media since that day and said she's usually outside the car when her kids are playing.

'I'm worried about my daughter': Mother of missing NJ girl speaks as search continues

She says this here too, at the 14:30 mark.

Thanks for this. All this talk about the question she was asked about doing anything differently where she said no. And in reality, she claimed she did act differently by staying in the car. JMO

She also says, at around the 2:15 mark, after being asked if she would have done anything differently, she responds with her not going out that much. Which deepens my belief that she just didn't understand the question. At around the 2:30 mark the reporter tries to clarify her question but I think she just gave up and steered it another way.

Also, since this has been relevant to parts of the conversation here in thread 5, at the 3:48 mark, Noema is asked about her son running back to the car and Noema states "he didn't RAN back to the car" and at the 4:00 mark she states that the little boy does not talk.

Thanks for this. All this talk about the question she was asked about doing anything differently where she said no. And in reality, she claimed she did act differently by staying in the car. JMO
I think she is responding to criticism on social media. Here is an article where a woman says saw her sitting in a car on a prior occasion, while children were playing.
"Lula Suggs said that when news of the disappearance broke on TV, she instantly recognized Dulce as the child she saw at the playground three days earlier, chasing around with her younger brother while their mother watched from her car."
In South Jersey, a massive search — and a wave of worry — for missing 5-year-old girl

She also says, at around the 2:15 mark, after being asked if she would have done anything differently, she responds with her not going out that much. Which deepens my belief that she just didn't understand the question. At around the 2:30 mark the reporter tries to clarify her question but I think she just gave up and steered it another way.

Also, since this has been relevant to parts of the conversation here in thread 5, at the 3:48 mark, Noema is asked about her son running back to the car and Noema states "he didn't RAN back to the car" and at the 4:00 mark she states that the little boy does not talk.

Yes, she claims she never said that the son run back to the car and that it was misreported.

Been following this case since the first day. I’ve been lurking on Dulces thread and by today I felt I HAD to make an account in order to post this video that was just uploaded on YouTube about an hour ago.

<modsnip: Sorry, random youtube videos are not an approved source at Websleuths>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member