Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019 #2

They can of course be obtained under FOIA..
but I'm not sure they will be made public by family or media .

You don't even need FOIA. All you need is $30. Some counties charge less, I believe.

The clearance rates on actual homicides in the Bay Area were among the lowest in the American West, last time I checked. San José police have been saying for years that they are understaffed. Of course, it seems to me that all California police say that. My city has passed two tax levies to get more cops on the street though, San José has not, to my knowledge, done that.

I lived in SF for a while and used to travel there a lot (stopped a couple of years ago, will only go if absolutely necessary, after watching a man be beaten at the motel where we were staying and the cops not only did not come, but they told me to submit the report of it online...later that same night, someone threw a brick through the window of the lobby and there's much else to the story, but it was not a good experience). It's gotten a bit better in SF (more cops) since then, but the whole Bay Area is a mass of contradictions. Very rich and very poor and more homeless than I've seen anyplace else (although...all of California is seeing steep increases in homeless populations). Police mention that the lack of an address makes a person very difficult to find, if they can even identify the person by name in the first place. I can't even remember the last time SF police used sketch artists, for example.

Here's a homicide that I can't find anything more about:

Skyline Boulevard closed in both directions as police investigate homicide

It's always been a little "Wild West-y" in SF and surroundings (Zodiac, Co-ed killer, Zebra, Earons, many others). Lots of places for people to hide in plain sight. Lots of eccentric behavior (like keeping vicious pitbulls in an apartment type building). I can see why the parents from SLC (which has a very different pattern of crime) are upset and troubled by what happened.

My feeling as well.

Acute drug intoxication or drug interaction leading to unconsciousness, leading to positional asphyxiation or hyperthermia.
There is zero evidence of either drug intoxication or drug ingestion.
The woman is dead.
Due to the time delay in performing autopsy, it is unlikely a toxicology testing can bring an accurate finding.
What's the problem with death from natural causes?

The woman is dead.
Due to the time delay in performing autopsy, it is unlikely a toxicology testing can bring an accurate finding.

Natural causes is not a likely cause for a healthy 34 yr old. It's possible of course, but not probable, and it doesn't explain the preamble of weird behavior that her family observed. Sometimes people with an infection behave in strange ways, sometimes people with cancer behave like this (paraneoplastic syndrome). This is not the average though, these are the exceptions.

While the toxicology may not be able to accurately determine the plasma concentration of whatever it was there is a good chance that the presence of a substance can be established and also perhaps the boundaries of its range. The limit of detection for many drugs of abuse is single parts per billion. Their presence can be inferred from their decomposition products as well.

There may also be other evidence such as residue on the lips or in her nose, an injection site, a syringe, a bottle or bag with left over material or residue, testimony from whomever she met with... Who knows what else they found in the car or with her luggage.

The ME will put all of that together.

Its entirely possible this was an unintentional interaction.

I'm am not saying that you're wrong, of course, we are all just guessing on very limited information.

Last edited:
Natural causes is not a likely cause for a healthy 34 yr old. It's possible of course, but not probable, and it doesn't explain the preamble of weird behavior that her family observed. Sometimes people with an infection behave in strange ways, sometimes people with cancer behave like this (perineoplastic syndrome). This is not the average though, these are the exceptions.

While the toxicology may not be able to accurately determine the plasma concentration of whatever it was there is a good chance that the presence of a substance can be established and also perhaps the boundaries of its range. The limit of detection for many drugs of abuse is single parts per billion. Their presence can be inferred from their decomposition products as well.

There may also be other evidence such as residue on the lips or in her nose, an injection site, a syringe, a bottle or bag with left over material or residue, testimony from whomever she met with... Who knows what else they found in the car or with her luggage.

The ME will put all of that together.

Its entirely possible this was an unintentional interaction.

I'm am not saying that you're wrong, of course, we are all just guessing on very limited information.
Yeah, I’m with you on this.

I think her bizarre behavior is related to some sort of drug ingestion, as she apparently had no history of mental illness.

The medical examiner will get to the bottom of this.

The woman is dead.

Because "natural causes" is a manner of death, not the cause of death.

For instance suicide is a manner of death, with hanging as the cause of death.

Natural causes basically tells you nothing.

Because "natural causes" is a manner of death, not the cause of death.

For instance suicide is a manner of death, with hanging as the cause of death.

Natural causes basically tells you nothing.
So septicaemia, meningitis hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, aneurysmal ruptues coronary artery disease and a million known vascular or infectious causes of disease either environmental or congenital undiagnosed abnormalities tells one nothing?

I think my post was understood by most, because I have repeated it a million times, most likely..
Pedantics much?

So septicaemia, meningitis hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, aneurysmal ruptues coronary artery disease and a million known vascular or infectious causes of disease either environmental or congenital undiagnosed abnormalities tells one nothing?

I think my post was understood by most, because I have repeated it a million times, most likely..
Pedantics much?

I understood. Saying a time delay will throw off toxicology so let's call it natural causes is a disservice to all involved. JMO.

I understood. Saying a time delay will throw off toxicology so let's call it natural causes is a disservice to all involved. JMO.
I posted peer reviewed and cited links to autopsy toxicology with delays a few days ago.
That is not connected to possible causes for her death arising from organic or congenital causes.
It is a separate and incidental fact.

Sepsis Symptoms, Treatments & Causes - What Is Sepsis?
This is a very good discussion of sepsis and it is entirely possible that this is what happened to her based on what we know through MSM reports. She may never have know that she was so ill based on her confusion and disorientation.

Sepsis is terrible. More common than most people think:

Worldwide, sepsis causes more deaths each year than prostate cancer, breast cancer and HIV/AIDS combined, according to the Global Sepsis Alliance.

Shifting opponents: From fighting cancer to fighting sepsis

She had the symptom, "confusion" of either coming off a drug/med or getting a drug/med somehow. This is what made her mind unbalanced. I hope her toxicology report is made public so people are aware. I saw this happening to someone once who was coming off an antipsychotic, Depakote and gabapentin, couldn't talk right, total confusion.

She had the symptom, "confusion" of either coming off a drug/med or getting a drug/med somehow. This is what made her mind unbalanced. I hope her toxicology report is made public so people are aware. I saw this happening to someone once who was coming off an antipsychotic, Depakote and gabapentin, couldn't talk right, total confusion.
BBM I totally agree. It's scary and I think people should be aware if some drug/med caused this. MOO

My feeling as well.

Acute drug intoxication or drug interaction leading to unconsciousness, leading to positional asphyxiation or hyperthermia.

Sounds that way to me, too. That's why I wondered early on if she traveled with any form of sleep medication.
The woman is dead.

Any finding at all might useful to the family in understanding what happened and to LE in determining what might have happened. The actual dosing (etc) might not be accurate, but depending on the temperature of the water (probably the low 50's?) there might still be some usable forensic evidence.

The woman is dead.

Her reported nonsensical behavior doesn't signal that drugs are possible here to you?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back