GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if KM is holding out so she gets her money from CA somebody needs to tell this woman that he will be brought to trial regardless of her and put away and she will get NO MONEY. Her poor kids too, her brother has no mother for his own kids she's in prison KM's mother is dead so who is taking care of her kids and how are they being taken care of?!? Her kids are her future. Someone tell her to wake up.
I hate to say this but some mothers should not be mothers. She seems pretty selfish and cocky to me. Implants before her kids. Priorities....

How can you ask the father of those same childern to commit a murder. She complained about Shrimp being around the kids. I bet Shrimp has never orchestrated a murder. She has destroyed her own family. If I knew a rich dentist I would be asking to become a dental assistant at his practice. Too bad she could not have used her powers for good.

Oh boy! I totally relate to this! I had a psycho on my jury too. Similar behavior. She refused to acknowledge any of the evidence. Impossible to deal with. It was torture!
Yass and I felt sooo bad for the prosecutor. It was his first case. They all came back to talk to us. I asked the judge what he thought just so I could get the answer so crazy could hear it.

He said no BRAINER GUILTY

I believe one of the Jurors switched right after the Guilty verdict was read against SG and after KM reacted by sobbing and crying when they returned to the jury room after the Allen Charge was read to them
Yes that was a red flag for me. I wish that had been questioned in the juror interview videos. Although I never want to hear that voice again.

Maybe just resignation though. We all gave up on my little case with the one hold out.

I think KM is not cooperating bc she doesn’t want to admit to doing such a heinous thing. I genuinely believe it’s that simple. Initially I thought she was involved in other criminal activity and didn’t want to risk exposure but that was before she testified.

When asked on the stand how she felt when her name first came out in the media as being associated with this case, she said embarrassed.

Not scared.
Not bewildered.
Not mad.

Embarrassed.

So if KM is holding out so she gets her money from CA somebody needs to tell this woman that he will be brought to trial regardless of her and put away and she will get NO MONEY. Her poor kids too, her brother has no mother for his own kids she's in prison KM's mother is dead so who is taking care of her kids and how are they being taken care of?!? Her kids are her future. Someone tell her to wake up.
By the way she is proceeding she will be waking up in a 9x12 cell everyday for the rest of her life. SG is gone forever and now this is where the rubber meets the road for her. She is lucky there were a few quacks on the jury or she would have been receiving the same fate as SG and reporting to a Florida State Prison intake unit very shortly.

Last edited:
When asked on the stand how she felt when her name first came out in the media as being associated with this case, she said embarrassed.

Not scared.
Not bewildered.
Not mad.

Embarrassed.
I think it was on one of the wiretaps when she learns SG is arrested she is told it has already hit the media.

She says already....or something like that

Very nonchalant about the whole thing.

Yes mind boogling to say the least. The whole thing gave me PSTD. Like vislaw said upthread it is a roll of the dice.

A week of my life taken. Criminal court building in downtown Houston is a cesspool. God awful experience....and as I am waiting on my ride home from court very scary late night. Judge made us stay past 9:30 at night. She wants to hug me!

sorry OT had to get that out of my system

Criminal Court & Downtown Houston at NIGHT ... YIKES, that is SCARY!! LOL

Siefreido Garcia=Guilty. Luis Rivera=Guilty. Katherine Magbanua= Next.

I'm sure WA/CA are hearing the footsteps coming. There's no hurry. Just the aura and threat must be grinding their consciences.
and that makes me so happy for the Markel family I'm grinning from ear to ear LOL :)

By the way she is proceeding she will be waking up in a 9x12 cell everyday for the rest of her life. SG is gone forever and now this is where the rubber meets the road for her. She is lucky there were a few quacks on the jury or she would have been receiving the same fate as SG and reporting to a Florida State Prison intake unit very shortly.

It made me happy to see her back in her jailhouse scrubs.

bf0246c6-5338-48b5-a22a-57bd294740ce-magbanua_photo.jpg

Katherine Magbanua leans in to listen to her attorney Tara Kawass during a court proceeding Oct. 22, 2019, in Leon Circuit Court. (Photo: Jeff Burlew)

I believe someone posted here that her dad had a good job, her mom worked in the medical field and her two brothers are professionals-I can't remember what field they work in. I'm not sure why she decided to fall in with gang members.
Some people just make terrible life choices and it has nothing to do with their upbringing. I know several people who come from what's generally considered to be a good background - loving middle-class family, excellent educational and other opportunities - and they've still managed to make a total mess of their lives.

A few posts back someone (not sure who but thank you!) posted the ages of the jurors. I was utterly gobsmacked if that data is correct. Most of the jurors seemed to be young girls (more than a few were 19 iirc?) and in my opinion, would be sympathetic to KM. Great for the defense but I don't understand why the prosecution didn't throw them out.

Another note: it beggars belief that jurors of that age would even be called for a DP case. I mean, really - can't buy an alcoholic drink, presumably because one would make bad choices were one to do so, but you're old enough to weigh the evidence and pass a death penalty sentence on an alleged perpetrator? Utterly ridiculous.

~Elizabeth
I went to law school as a part of my paralegal training in the '80s, I dunno how many times our professor spoke of " old blue hair's" while rambling about trials LOL at that time in Texas they chose jurors only by the registered voters' polls and not by your driver's licence. They did this on purpose in order to get only the old folks or those more inclined to be interested enough in politics/law to register. I can't remember when they were FORCED to change the law. That was the good ole days for prosecutors

That’s another mind boggling thing. How in the world does someone switch from guilty to non guilty in a matter of minutes in a trial so important. Were these jurors just tired and worn down and wanting to just go home so they just gave up? I mean...besides Miss Giggle Pants - she was just biased and the six letter word that begins with an S. IMHO JMO and all that jazz
We are going by her word and I hope there is some way to verify everything she has stated is true. It would be nice to hear from a couple of more jurors on each side of the issue. If what she stated is true doesn't she realize 9 or more other jurors disagree with her. This is almost as bad as the two jurors who voted not guilty to 1st degree murder and only to manslaughter in the first Betty Broderick murder case in 1990.

Yes mind boogling to say the least. The whole thing gave me PSTD. Like vislaw said upthread it is a roll of the dice.

She mentioned bias so many times. Scary.

I was on a minor case in Houston (and when I say minor don't think I did not take it seriously). It was a DWI that involved no accident or injuries. Young girl, night on the town basically gets pulled over for speeding. Police smell alchohol. Failed all roadside tests. Refused breathalyzer. She is taken in where more tests are done and filmed. Warrant for blood issued. Blood taken on video. Long story short we hung because of one crazy lady that just could not believe what she was seeing and those were her words. I just don't believe my lying eyes. Thought the blood which came back 2x over limit was somehow tampered with at the lab. No evidence or even insuination at trial blood was tampered. Witnesses testified they were drinking with her earlier. This lady held court with other jurors....blah blah blah we learned all about her, her husband, how she ubers everywhere...her preferred restaurants.

and surprise surprise she Hated me! Yelled at me. Other jurors came to me the next morning. Apologizing.

A week of my life taken. Criminal court building in downtown Houston is a cesspool. God awful experience....and as I am waiting on my ride home from court very scary late night. Judge made us stay past 9:30 at night. She wants to hug me!

sorry OT had to get that out of my system
Lawd have mercy, Peke! That really does sound God awful! There are some crazy people out there!

I have been called to jury duty before, but have yet to be seated on a jury. Last time I got booted on the 2nd round of questions. Defense attorney asked “Do you watch Nancy Grace?” I said “YES”!! I wasn’t selected lol

I hate to say this but some mothers should not be mothers. She seems pretty selfish and cocky to me. Implants before her kids. Priorities....

How can you ask the father of those same childern to commit a murder. She complained about Shrimp being around the kids. I bet Shrimp has never orchestrated a murder. She has destroyed her own family. If I knew a rich dentist I would be asking to become a dental assistant at his practice. Too bad she could not have used her powers for good.

Yes ... Implants before kids!! When you have 2 children, both with special needs (Ethan 11-autistic) (Kaylee 6-significant speech impediment) ... I think boob-job might be at the bottom of a wish list!! KM's priorities say a lot about her as a mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member