MI MI - Oakland County Child Killer, "The Babysitter Murders" , 1976-77 #2

I lived in Huntington Woods at the time and I find it interesting that the victims were from all around Huntington Woods, but none actually in Huntington Woods. I know Pleasant Ridge is very close to there also, but much smaller town. I have had inklings about the perp (or one of the perps) being a female too.
I had a scare walking home from school in 1975 or 76 and was being followed closely by a man in a car. Once I noticed, I sped up my pace- so did the car. I made evasive attempts, which make for a longer story- but ended up running across the street, cutting through the middle of the block and outside the next street. THE CAR CAME AFTER ME ONTO THE NEXT STREET speeding towards me. I ran to the nearest house and someone let me in. Police were called and took a report. I'd like to have someone look that report up. I can still see the car and the driver, but vaguely. I wonder if my description was more clear at the time....and is this worth reporting now, to the tip line? I mean- not sure at all if it is connected.

I lived in Huntington Woods at the time and I find it interesting that the victims were from all around Huntington Woods, but none actually in Huntington Woods. I know Pleasant Ridge is very close to there also, but much smaller town. I have had inklings about the perp (or one of the perps) being a female too.
I had a scare walking home from school in 1975 or 76 and was being followed closely by a man in a car. Once I noticed, I sped up my pace- so did the car. I made evasive attempts, which make for a longer story- but ended up running across the street, cutting through the middle of the block and outside the next street. THE CAR CAME AFTER ME ONTO THE NEXT STREET speeding towards me. I ran to the nearest house and someone let me in. Police were called and took a report. I'd like to have someone look that report up. I can still see the car and the driver, but vaguely. I wonder if my description was more clear at the time....and is this worth reporting now, to the tip line? I mean- not sure at all if it is connected.
I can tell you from experience that the "great flood" from a few years ago wiped out a lot of HW records storage. I reached out to them about a case from.... 68? and it was gone.

If you recall the year/month it might be worth a call to their records department

Hi there, everyone. I'm new to WS and hoping to get some more info on the case. I'm a Bloomfield native and have lived here all my life. I'm an incoming college freshman studying anthropology with an interest in true crime and narrative journalism. While this case is almost 30 years older than me, I'm hoping to recount the details of this case as accurately as possible.

As far as I'm aware, possible earlier victims whose cases are still open include Donna Serra and Jane Allen. I'm trying to find some more news articles/interviews/case details about these two and hoping anyone on this thread could provide some links or input about their relations to the case.

Also- youtube has a series called "Child Killer Docuseries." I think there are about 5 in the series.
It does repeat some things, but there's enough new in each one that it made it worthwhile for me and I learned a lot that I didn't know. It has also raised some questions for me too! For instance- how did the witness who says she 'saw' Tim King talking to the man in the blue Gremlin see his pants?? He was sitting down- in a car. The description said he had a rust colored coat and (some color) pants. Huh?

Hi there, everyone. I'm new to WS and hoping to get some more info on the case. I'm a Bloomfield native and have lived here all my life. I'm an incoming college freshman studying anthropology with an interest in true crime and narrative journalism. While this case is almost 30 years older than me, I'm hoping to recount the details of this case as accurately as possible.

As far as I'm aware, possible earlier victims whose cases are still open include Donna Serra and Jane Allen. I'm trying to find some more news articles/interviews/case details about these two and hoping anyone on this thread could provide some links or input about their relations to the case.

I've created a long form podcast about this case, Don't Talk To Strangers. I've been compiling information, and cultivating sources, since 2016. Don't Talk to Strangers clips - Omny.fm

I grew up in Berkley and lived through the killings.

Oakland%20County%20Child%20Killer%20suspect%20task%20force%20flyer_1548856819817.jpg_18292656_ver1.0.jpg

Composite drawing of OCCK unknown suspect

poster_9521c49fa2174a6ab65f075ab041ec34.jpg

(WXYZ) — Metro Detroit’s most notorious unsolved serial killings will be in the national spotlight next week. Investigation Discovery will air a 2-part documentary about the Oakland County Child Killings.

7 Investigator Heather Catallo was interviewed for the program because she has covered the investigation for more than 16 years. Catallo has also confirmed that a key suspect in the Oakland County Child Killer case failed a polygraph about the murders.

The new documentary, “Children of the Snow,” will put the Oakland County Child Killer case back in the headlines.

“I trusted the cops and trusted them for 30 plus years,” Barry King told the producers of the documentary. King’s son Timmy was the fourth victim of the serial killings. King has been fighting for justice for his son for years.

Between 1976 and 1977 a killer, or killers, kidnapped and murdered four children in Oakland County along the Woodward corridor.

Over the years, dozens of suspects have emerged. Evidence has been re-examined, DNA has been analyzed, but still, the murders remain unsolved, leaving four local families in utter grief...

LINK:
Oakland County Child Killer suspect failed polygraph test

This is also available now on the Investigation Discovery website.

Looking at the list of confirmed and possible OCCK victims, One has to wonder where he was and what he was doing in the eleven months between February 1976 and December 1976.

Was he in another state? Was he locked up? There seems to be a long gap there. And then all of a sudden three in a row?

And what of this Oliver Rhodes Andrews who confessed to the murder of Sheila Srock? How many others did he kill and who were they? Where did he travel and who were his acquaintances?

OCCK Victims Confirmed:
Mark Stebbins, 12, February 15, 1976.
Jill Robinson, 12, December 22, 1976.
Kristine Mihelich, 10, January 2, 1977.
Timothy King, 11, March 16, 1977.

Other Michigan Victims Suspected:
Cynthia Cadieux, 16, January 15, 1976.
Jane Allan, 14, August 7, 1976.

Suspected Victim (disproved):
Sheila Srock, 14, January 20, 1976. Oliver Rhodes Andrews confessed to and was convicted of her murder.

I think that everyone connected to these murders is either dead, of left the country.

Think it was a group of people with connections to North Fox Island including Chris Busch and Greg Green. I don't think they were ever took to the Island and i don't think everyone there was involved because they already had a steady stream of victims through their boy scouts thing. Think it was probably the lower level guys who weren't rich or powerful and were likely connected to the Island through CP trading. The Island was shut down in the Summer of 1976 so maybe they lay low for a while then ramped up when they started again because they didn't have somewhere with such easy victim access anymore. Stomach churning case, glad that the main suspects are either dead or in jail at least.

ProfileImage.aspx

OLIVER RHODES ANDREWS Image Date: 2/22/2017

MDOC Number: 116689
SID Number: 0550468M
Name: OLIVER RHODES ANDREWS
Racial Identification: White
Hair: Gray
Eyes: Hazel
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Date of Birth: 05/02/1935 (84)

LINK:
Offender Tracking Information System (OTIS) - Offender Profile
mdocNumber=116689

He raped and shot Sheila Schrock during a home invasion in Birmingham. He was not an organized offender or kidnapper. Also, the violent overkill in Sheila's death looks nothing like the work of OCCK

MOO

Also, the men who murdered Cynthia Cadieux were tried and sent to prison.

The only thing I can say at this point is how shocked I was to learn that CB was picked up in Alma with two shotguns as well as ropes and ligatures. It seems that Green thought he would make a deal by dropping a dime on CB, but instead CB made bail and 7-days later TK is kidnapped just 4-miles from CB's family home.

I have to wonder if TK would still be alive if the investigators had the hindsight to put CB under surveillance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back