Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #114

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody ever wonder what BG is thinking or how he might feel? I wonder if he feels happy and proud or if he feels ashamed and scared.
Whether he intended to kill them or planned something else and it went sideways, I don't believe he feels proud, happy or ashamed. Scared maybe. I believe he is a narcissist and his primary concern is for himself. If he did intend to kill them, he probably feels a let down as he didn't get the thrill he expected.

That's such a good question. Especially since he's probably reading these.

I think this is a game to him, one where his freedom and life is at stake. He watches and reads about the crime like he watches sports, but he can't compartmentalize the murder of two girls the same way.

He drinks to make the anxiety go away. He has friends who he feels safe around, and they drink and get high. They don't ask about the case, or mention it around him.

When he wakes up in the morning and realizes that it hasn't gone away, the anxiety comes back. He thinks he can keep it together. He's confident he can get on with his life and be a productive member of society. It was a mistake to act on his urges back then, he knows that now.

He reads about new scientific techniques for acquiring DNA evidence from a single strand of hair. He watches his friends' social media accounts. He has anonymous accounts, and actually takes part in discussion about the case. His comments on Reddit always point away from himself, but they are close, and the anxiety is bad.

But he can handle it. They can't touch him.
Yeah, I can see that mental state.

We dont know he is used to the bridge. If he is, surely a fellow hiker would have seen him there before.
I can't help but believe he has been to and on the bridge. And more than once. Of course, if he is 20 or older he could lived nearby or visited a relative nearby maybe 10 years or more prior. I can't help but believe though that SOMEONE saw him out before, too. The problem is someone may have seen him there months or even a year or more before but he didn't stand out as unusual to those around him. They probably didn't give him a second glance or thought and they know nothing about him - name, vehicle or anything.
When I was in the service one of the other attendees in a training class I was in had his wife murdered while we were attending. Over a year later when he was arrested I didn't make the connection even when I saw him on the news. When another attendee told me he was in the class (about 25 of us) I couldn't place him. It was only after he pointed out the class photo that I vaguely remembered him and I was in the same room with him for two weeks. I couldn't recognize him from the news clips let alone a sketch.

As a counterpoint to my own theories and scenarios, what is the chance this guy has NEVER been there before? The height of that bridge gives this guy a good view of the land below and he planned this on the fly? It is winter and there are no leaves on the trees, further giving him a view of the landscape. Or he had walked over it an hour or so before? Just thinking out loud here.

And then as another line of thinking, I come back to Liberty video recording this guy. Just what did he do that set off the alarm bells in Liberty's mind? Or was it the mere fact that they were at the end of the bridge and without going down the hill and across the creek this guy was in their path off the bridge - i.e., she got his photo just as a precaution? (I wonder if Liberty said anything to Abigail before he caught up to them and LE has that on audio?) If this guy has been to the bridge in the months or even a year before no one else has come forward to say they saw this guy and he creeped them out. More than likely this guy might have been there before but there was nothing about him that caught anyone's attention.

We dont know he is used to the bridge. If he is, surely a fellow hiker would have seen him there before.
You would think so...unless he only went on the bridge when no one else was there, or he always wore a hoodie. Those are big ifs I suppose.
If not local, then a military guy. But LE now thinks he is/was local and they haven't mentioned military.

As a counterpoint to my own theories and scenarios, what is the chance this guy has NEVER been there before? The height of that bridge gives this guy a good view of the land below and he planned this on the fly? It is winter and there are no leaves on the trees, further giving him a view of the landscape. Or he had walked over it an hour or so before? Just thinking out loud here.

And then as another line of thinking, I come back to Liberty video recording this guy. Just what did he do that set off the alarm bells in Liberty's mind? Or was it the mere fact that they were at the end of the bridge and without going down the hill and across the creek this guy was in their path off the bridge - i.e., she got his photo just as a precaution? (I wonder if Liberty said anything to Abigail before he caught up to them and LE has that on audio?) If this guy has been to the bridge in the months or even a year before no one else has come forward to say they saw this guy and he creeped them out. More than likely this guy might have been there before but there was nothing about him that caught anyone's attention.
Yes. Good points.

Just what did he do that set off the alarm bells in Liberty's mind?

If I'd been Libby and Abby, the sight of a lone man crossing the bridge over to their side would have been alarming.

1. Who the hell is this weird guy with the stuffed jacket?
  2. Why is he coming over to us as if there's something over on this side that's captured his interest?
  3. What could happen to us if this guy decides to do something?
  4. Is that whatshisname from school?
  5. Who else knows we're here?
  6. This isn't the person we expected.

If I'd been Libby and Abby, the sight of a lone man crossing the bridge over to their side would have been alarming.
Yes, that. Not that he did anything, just that he was there and in their path to go back. Prior to this when he was there - IF he was there previously - he probably didn't even rate a second glance or thought from anyone else on the trail. He blended in, he was anonymous and unremarkable. IOW, hidden in plain sight.

For everybody that's questioning whether or not BG had been to or on the bridge BEFORE the crime. I've often wondered has he been back to it since, to relive his fantasy of carrying out these murders.
I've thought about that on occasion. If the first sketch was wrong, he may well have already been back thinking LE was going in the wrong direction. (Hence, the statement at the April PC about him thinking LE would not change direction?)
I also wonder if he lurks on here as a guest. That would not surprise me at all. And if I thought about it, I KNOW LE has thought about it as well.

I would just like to touch on a subject we spoke about in past threads. I’m on my phone so don’t know how to link the post and I don’t see a post #.

My post is about what’s on BG’s right hip. It could be a shirt tail or it could be a fanny type pack. Only he knows the real answer to that question.

After I saw a photo in a news article I sent them a question asking who the men were in the photo. There was no credit given or names listed. I went back today to look at the photo and saw that photo credit is given now.

I still find the photo very interesting
Good eye @sunsetbeach

lots of interesting posts everyone!:)

the random attack v's targeted.
those around libby and abby are of the understanding it suddenly came up the urge to head out to the trial.
so the meeting likely wasn't planned well ahead of time or the girls would have left clues as they had to get an adult to get them there. seemed from Kelsi's perspective a bit sudden.

what if BG was out there and he messaged libby to meet?

if BG was wandering around with a kill kit.....who knows how many times/places he loitered....waited for the opportunity?
by chance was this his first??

I struggle with the random theory because of what LE are not saying.

if I was investigating a random predator like this I would be asking the public up to 2 states away radius for peoples experiences while out on trials.o_O
they aren't.

my gut instinct by all carroll county cops haven't said and the deliberate confusion in all that they have said ....they know who it is and it was targeted.

things are close......imo 'just feelin it';)

moo

I’ve thought about this case every day since the girls went missing late that afternoon and it was all over the news. I wasn’t surprised the next day when it was reported the girls were found dead.

I had that feeling their must have been a nut lurking around those trails waiting for the right opportunity.

In the following weeks LE conveyed that the public was not in danger ( please don’t ask for a link, those articles have been posted by me and others many, many times) pretty much leading that this was not a random attack.

Through the years the narrative has changed and Carter has even gone as far as to say this person may have done this before and will probably do it again.

First a sketch of a older guy, now a sketch of a younger guy!

It’s been a freakin roller coaster....I no longer have an opinion.

All I know is Libby took a video of the murderer as he approached her and Abby on the Monon High Bridge. The next afternoon they were found dead about 1/2 mile from where they were dropped off approximately 50 feet from the creeks edge on RLs property.

Pretty much everything else is unknown to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member