Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I hate to think he might not be brought to justice for this. I think Libbys family deserve the answers of what happened to her, as painful as it is, it surely cant be worse than going to the darkest corners of your mind in trying to paint a picture yourself, exploring every eventuality. Horrendous. For me this has gone on too long, for them it must feel like a whole lifetime.

It must be so awful for the family..my fear is she was in the water so long they lost their opportunity to gain valuable evidence which they desperately needed
If he admitted picking her up and claimed he dropped her off or last saw her alive without witnesses they have nothing to charge him with
I hope if guilty they come up with what they need but the longer it goes on the more I worry it might not happen which would be so sad

Thanks for that. Wasn't sure if reporting restrictions were usual or not.

I'm of the opposite opinion regarding where he left Libby. In my opinion only, there is something convoluted about the case because on the surface it seems like there is quite a lot that could be used to charge him with. Abduction as a starting point at least. He would have left evidence there and I think she'd have been found earlier

I hope whatever happens she gets justice. Not least because he does seem to be a danger

If they start charging him with anything relating to Libby, then they'll have to start passing their evidence/information gathered to the defence team. It's best for any potential prosecution to let him stay in prison until they've built the most solid case they can for all aspects of it.

JMO from watching other cases.

If they start charging him with anything relating to Libby, then they'll have to start passing their evidence/information gathered to the defence team. It's best for any potential prosecution to let him stay in prison until they've built the most solid case they can for all aspects of it.

JMO from watching other cases.

Exactly. Plus, it's not like they have to worry about him doing a runner in the meantime...

It must be so awful for the family..my fear is she was in the water so long they lost their opportunity to gain valuable evidence which they desperately needed
If he admitted picking her up and claimed he dropped her off or last saw her alive without witnesses they have nothing to charge him with
I hope if guilty they come up with what they need but the longer it goes on the more I worry it might not happen which would be so sad
Its possible its a similar situation to Bellfield isnt it? They got him locked up on unrelated charges knowing they couldnt yet prove he was a murderer.
I read Gemma Dowler's heart wrenching book about her sister. Yes - Bellfield was initially arrested for unrelated charges after his brave partner accused him of rape. The police had been on the verge of having to release him after the 96 hour limit, despite knowing he presented a danger, because they didn't have enough at that point to charge him with Amelie Delagrange's murder.

It took even longer to convict Bellfield of Milly Dowlers murder. I believe a lot of the evidence there was circumstantial. Placing him living at the place she went missing and his partner recalling he was out that night.

There were no forensics at all as she wasn't found for 6 months. All her family had were remains. Less CCTV back then as well.

I have a lot of hope in the fact Libby's body was at least found much earlier and should at least give some information. If only in eliminating some possibilities. There is lots of CCTV. There must be other stuff as well. And there is the luxury of time.

Let's just hope.

They certainly do have the luxury of time. I do think though the police will also to a degree be aware of public perception..most people will not be aware of the fine detail as we do and as far as they are concerned the case remains unsolved ..like many of the public services over time unfortunately public perception PR and confidence has become as important as policing itself. Alongside that although the family are obviously patient and supportive they still must yearn for justice.
I'm very much the "glass is half empty" type of person till it is there in front of my eyes .
I'm lost as to what else they could be waiting for .. if they have enough evidence at this point why no charge yet ...I just cant think now what they are waiting for...here's hoping for news soon

They certainly do have the luxury of time. I do think though the police will also to a degree be aware of public perception..most people will not be aware of the fine detail as we do and as far as they are concerned the case remains unsolved ..like many of the public services over time unfortunately public perception PR and confidence has become as important as policing itself. Alongside that although the family are obviously patient and supportive they still must yearn for justice.
I'm very much the "glass is half empty" type of person till it is there in front of my eyes .
I'm lost as to what else they could be waiting for .. if they have enough evidence at this point why no charge yet ...I just cant think now what they are waiting for...here's hoping for news soon
I guess if it took this long to gather evidence it'll take CPS a long time to wade through it. Especially if there is a lot of expert evidence to wade through.

Looking at his previous charges is heartbreaking. I can't help wondering if a combination of cuts and workload meant they ignored these. Gathered evidence thankfully then forget about it as not worth devoting time to simple flasher. If only he'd been caught.

I read Gemma Dowler's heart wrenching book about her sister. Yes - Bellfield was initially arrested for unrelated charges after his brave partner accused him of rape. The police had been on the verge of having to release him after the 96 hour limit, despite knowing he presented a danger, because they didn't have enough at that point to charge him with Amelie Delagrange's murder.

It took even longer to convict Bellfield of Milly Dowlers murder. I believe a lot of the evidence there was circumstantial. Placing him living at the place she went missing and his partner recalling he was out that night.

There were no forensics at all as she wasn't found for 6 months. All her family had were remains. Less CCTV back then as well.

I have a lot of hope in the fact Libby's body was at least found much earlier and should at least give some information. If only in eliminating some possibilities. There is lots of CCTV. There must be other stuff as well. And there is the luxury of time.

Let's just hope.
Yes and I think the passage of time helped convict Bellfield - a change of loyalties from an ex girlfriend who eventually came forward with vital evidence about the car. I’ve said it all along - maybe they hope someone will find forward with some more information, or maybe they hope he’ll confess some information to someone in prison .

After 8 months of following this case and visiting Hull in February to pay my respects at Libby's Bench, I'm not afraid to say I've had a good cry over the news PR has finally been charged relating to her tragic death.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family today as I can't begin to imagine the emotions they're feeling right now.

May justice be served and Libby never be forgotten <3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members