CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she were taken as RT said, surely she would have dropped her beer in shock and surprise of being abducted, or had her hat knocked off or had her sunglasses knocked off in a struggle. Something she had with her at the time would have been left behind. And they were at Interstate 40, a well traveled route. How could all this have happened at the perfect time. Her walking close to the road, the creepers car coming, no traffic coming in either direction, trusting the chance no one was left behind in the Thomas RV that wouldn’t have been watching for their return.
You are assuming she was violently snatched, but it needn't have been like that. If she had lost her bearings and found her way to the road some distance from the RV, she might have accepted a lift from a passing car - which did not, as she expected, drop her at the RV.

Last edited:
That’s horrifying.
What family would find a couple bickering amusing?
I have been following all along and I have never seen that statement could you please link?
@anneg has linked the relevant post - thanks Anne.

My interpretation of 'bickering' is apparently the same as the VI's. Mild disagreements, less serious than 'arguing' or 'quarrelling'. Bickering can involve banter or teasing, which is why onlookers can find it entertaining. Horrifying? Absolutely not.

Goes to show that the myth of the dog being heartlessly abandoned at the kennels for months (or, as has even been suggested, put down) had absolutely no basis in fact.
Lexi was in the kennel for Just over One month ..
The Kennel is Just around the corner from her home ..

Last edited:
Lots of bodies have been discovered by hikers, bikers, hunters, and fisherman. And those that haven’t been found, we can argue the whole “yet” thing, but the fact is, there are loads of missing people who have vanished without a trace, the case has gone cold and we will never get answers for. Or their remains may be discovered in 20, 30, 40 or 100 years from now. We only need to look at our cold cases here to see this is true.

IMO

Yes, and many of those bodies have taken years to find.

Geraldine Largay, off the Appalachian Trail: missing July 2013, found October 2015. Over two years off an incredibly popular trail.
The Death Valley Germans, in Death Valley: missing July 1996, found November 2009. 13 years.
Steve Fossett, in the Sierra Nevadas: missing September 2007, found September 2008. This with "the largest search and rescue effort ever conducted for a person within the U.S."
Riley Zickel, in the woods east of Salem Oregon: missing July 2016, found September 2019. Just a few months ago.

And then there are the ones we may never find, like Jim Gray.

Perhaps there was nobody at home to look after her at that time. Maybe he couldn't face being at home without Barbara.
Absolutely ...
They had days of searching and LE having him over for talks ..Then there was the T.V. reporter interview.. Then he had to deal with the lawyer..
He had things going on .. I am sure there were other things we know nothing about..
It had to cost a bundle. But in all truth I have no idea because I would not leave my animal in a kennel..
jmho

2019 Dog Boarding Costs | Day, Night, Week & Month Kennel Rates

If she were taken as RT said, surely she would have dropped her beer in shock and surprise of being abducted, or had her hat knocked off or had her sunglasses knocked off in a struggle. Something she had with her at the time would have been left behind. And they were at Interstate 40, a well traveled route. How could all this have happened at the perfect time. Her walking close to the road, the creepers car coming, no traffic coming in either direction, trusting the chance no one was left behind in the Thomas RV that wouldn’t have been watching for their return.

Lots of bodies have been discovered by hikers, bikers, hunters, and fisherman. And those that haven’t been found, we can argue the whole “yet” thing, but the fact is, there are loads of missing people who have vanished without a trace, the case has gone cold and we will never get answers for. Or their remains may be discovered in 20, 30, 40 or 100 years from now. We only need to look at our cold cases here to see this is true.

IMO
I imagine that drinking cup is located near wherever Barbara is right now.
Imo

Who Has Checked w Kennel?
The VI state that the only ones investigating the kennel are Websleuths.
LE apparently did not go there to interview the staff.
Imo
@MsBetsy :) and Others
Does anyone recall when VI @dbdb11 posted about calling the kennel?
Did dbdb11 mention when - approx'ly- he talked w kennel?

AFAIK LE has not made any public stmts since ~ July 22 when SAR was suspended.
It's possible since then LE has interviewed kennel employees.
We just do not know one way or the other. Wish we did know, hoping we will find out more soon.

Who Has Checked w Kennel?
@MsBetsy :) and Others
Does anyone recall when VI @dbdb11 posted about calling the kennel?
Did dbdb11 mention when - approx'ly- he talked w kennel?

AFAIK LE has not made any public stmts since ~ July 22 when SAR was suspended.
It's possible since then LE has interviewed kennel employees.
We just do not know one way or the other. Wish we did know, hoping we will find out more soon.
I think there were several posts regarding the kennel because there were so many questions about which person said Barbara was her normal self and which said she was not.
But it was long after July 22, when LE last made any public statements. He said that at that point LE had not questioned anyone at the kennel.
I would hope if they thought it was important or helpful in finding Barbara, they would.
Maybe that they confirmed Barbara was at the location where Robert said she was was all they needed.

Imo

My understanding is that RT is not claiming Barb got lost but rather was kidnapped. If he believes she may have taken to Las Vegas, why not billboards or other publicity in that area?

Most missing persons in the US don't end up on a billboard. They may be written up locally; some don't even receive that attention; maybe a Facebook page is started by loved ones; that's about it.
Sadly there are many reasons for this ...financial, emotional, rational .

Absolutely ...
They had days of searching and LE having him over for talks ..Then there was the T.V. reporter interview.. Then he had to deal with the lawyer..
He had things going on .. I am sure there were other things we know nothing about..
It had to cost a bundle. But in all truth I have no idea because I would not leave my animal in a kennel..
jmho

Just to be clear, all of the things you mention (including hiring the lawyer) took place within about 12 days of the time Barbara went missing (and really, within 4 days, except the lawyer bit). But if in fact RT was so overwhelmed that Lexi was abandoned at the kennel, one again wonders why no neighbors, friends or family stepped in to help. This is a very private man, perhaps a very private couple. (Entire family is not so private, judging by FB).

He did have "things going on." I can't mention them because they are twitter reporters and not MSM.

RT tells a reporter that he is "banned" from the search area, which explains why he is present at his house on the Monday after Barb went missing. He has already been polygraphed. I believe the "banned" part and the part about RT being held in the squad car for 5 hours come from his second (and apparently last) communication with the HK family.

Absolutely ...
jmho

You are officially my favorite person. Thank you.

RT tells a reporter that he is "banned" from the search area, which explains why he is present at his house on the Monday after Barb went missing. He has already been polygraphed. I believe the "banned" part and the part about RT being held in the squad car for 5 hours come from his second (and apparently last) communication with the HK family.

There are good reasons for him to be "banned" from the search area:
- what if he finds her body? Talk about a knife to the heart.
- what if there was foul play? If the family member/friend was involved, you don't want them finding the body and making sure there's no evidence around. If they aren't involved, they're going to screw everything up running up to them and trampling over footprints/etc.
- SAR is rough, especially in inhospitable terrain. You aren't going on a hike. BT isn't on an easy to access trail if she's out there. It's no country for old men. I went to a SAR orientation in my 30s and I was intimidated by what they do.

@10ofRods bbm sbm:) @dbdb11 :) and Others

Was the ^ phone contact actually the last direct contact RT had w BT's fam in HK (or the immed fam of BT's brother in HK, wherever they happen to be located)?
If so, did that last contact occur before the LE suspended the SAR ~July 22?

Thinking of BT and her family often.

You are assuming she was violently snatched, but it needn't have been like that. If she had lost her bearings and found her way to the road some distance from the RV, she might have accepted a lift from a passing car - which did not, as she expected, drop her at the RV.

I am going by what her husband is guessing, that she was abducted and taken to Vegas. Unless she was chloroformed or syringed with something to disable her, there would have been some kind of struggle and something left behind of the loose things we have been told she had with her. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth