AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard anything about that. It's a lot of work, and I think in Cupcake's case they had a pretty good idea right away of who the suspect is (they arrested him quickly as a person of interest) so they also had a pretty good idea that the body could be in a dumpster from that area. In Dulce's case, LE don't see to have any idea what happened.
BBM Very true. It is a lot of work and with so much time that's gone by now, it would seem nearly impossible at this point. I don't think LE has any idea either. I'm not sure how helpful the guys playing basketball were. A bunch of guys playing basketball are usually very into the game and not paying attention to things going on around them. MOO

I don't know- I think LE did try their best. Even the FBI is involved in this case. They brought in a search dog, to which it was said that the dog picked up a scent for about an hour- where and how far the dog went, is something I would like to know.

We also have to remember, as has been discussed NUMEROUS times since Dulce disappeared- people in that community are refusing to talk, because they're afraid of being deported. So, perhaps there are a few that do know what happened to her, but they remain silent for fear of being kicked out of the country. Even though LE has given reassurances that they won't be kicked out if they come forward, no one trusts that statement.

So, what more can LE do when the people of the community, who might have seen something or heard something, won't talk? Please tell me what more they can do?

If we want to compare communities to recent cases such as Ahlora's (thank goodness, found safe!) and Cupcake's (rest in peace, sweetheart), hands down, this community blows in terms of helping, in my opinion. If they are afraid of coming forward in person, phone, text, then darn it, use snail mail and send LE a tip the old fashioned way! Where is the community's help in searching that park and surrounding areas for clues? Surely, not all of them are illegals! I know some have gone out and tried to help- kudos to them for caring enough about Dulce to help try to find her or evidence, but there's only a small handful of people that have tried. Certainly not the amount of people that we see help searching in other missing children's cases! Lucas Hernandez had a thread full of people from the Wichita area going out daily looking for him, as well as folks offline who went in groups and individually to search for him.

Look at how different communities act, helping LE/families as much as they can. Then look at this case. LE's and the FBI's hands are tied, no matter what they do.

The mother stated in the media that LE thinks she's lying. That came from her own mouth, not LE's or the FBI. Let's remember that.

Allegedly, the father has family in that area as well. Why the heck aren't they standing with the mother, pleading for Dulce's safe return? Where are they all? Both the mother and grandmother have been suffering through this alone mostly. Where is everyone? Their support system?

If I lived close by, I'd go out and help any way I could. I might not find Dulce, but you know what? Just the thoughts that people out there freaking care enough about a child to try and help find them, means everything to a family suffering through this hell. Where is the help, Bridgton? I know there's a few of you, but many hands make light work. Get up off your duffs and help this family.

I don't know- I think LE did try their best. Even the FBI is involved in this case. They brought in a search dog, to which it was said that the dog picked up a scent for about an hour- where and how far the dog went, is something I would like to know.

We also have to remember, as has been discussed NUMEROUS times since Dulce disappeared- people in that community are refusing to talk, because they're afraid of being deported. So, perhaps there are a few that do know what happened to her, but they remain silent for fear of being kicked out of the country. Even though LE has given reassurances that they won't be kicked out if they come forward, no one trusts that statement.

So, what more can LE do when the people of the community, who might have seen something or heard something, won't talk? Please tell me what more they can do?

If we want to compare communities to recent cases such as Ahlora's (thank goodness, found safe!) and Cupcake's (rest in peace, sweetheart), hands down, this community blows in terms of helping, in my opinion. If they are afraid of coming forward in person, phone, text, then darn it, use snail mail and send LE a tip the old fashioned way! Where is the community's help in searching that park and surrounding areas for clues? Surely, not all of them are illegals! I know some have gone out and tried to help- kudos to them for caring enough about Dulce to help try to find her or evidence, but there's only a small handful of people that have tried. Certainly not the amount of people that we see help searching in other missing children's cases! Lucas Hernandez had a thread full of people from the Wichita area going out daily looking for him, as well as folks offline who went in groups and individually to search for him.

Look at how different communities act, helping LE/families as much as they can. Then look at this case. LE's and the FBI's hands are tied, no matter what they do.

The mother stated in the media that LE thinks she's lying. That came from her own mouth, not LE's or the FBI. Let's remember that.

Allegedly, the father has family in that area as well. Why the heck aren't they standing with the mother, pleading for Dulce's safe return? Where are they all? Both the mother and grandmother have been suffering through this alone mostly. Where is everyone? Their support system?

If I lived close by, I'd go out and help any way I could. I might not find Dulce, but you know what? Just the thoughts that people out there freaking care enough about a child to try and help find them, means everything to a family suffering through this hell. Where is the help, Bridgton? I know there's a few of you, but many hands make light work. Get up off your duffs and help this family.
Well said Steelslady! Great post!

Well said Steelslady! Great post!
Thank you, @Backstroke10 . It's just really angering me that this poor child has been missing for this amount of time, and no one has helped LE or the FBI out to help try and find her. No one is helping the family.

Personally, after all of this time, I don't think she's alive. I really wanted it to be a custody issue, that she was safe somewhere. I have no doubt that if this was the case, the FBI would have found her by now.

You can't keep hiding a five year old in an apartment or house for this length of time. They also need to be fed, clothed, medical attention say for ear infections or bronchitis- you get my drift.

Sadly, I think some sicko kidnapped her and did something awful to her, and killed her after. I don't think Dulce is too far away, it's a matter of her being eventually found.

I hope I am wrong and that this darling child is found safe soon. Unfortunately, for me, too much time has passed for me to see a happy ending to Dulce's disappearance.

I don't think LE tried their best. IMO, they have not taken this seriously. It seems as if they have a chip on their shoulder.
Can you give examples?

They pulled over 500 vans and searched them. The got the FBI involved and it took them several days before they were able to talk to the father in Mexico, even though Dulce's mother and some members of his family were able to get a hold of him right when this happened. They searched all over the park, talked to everyone they were able to find that was at the park that day. They put out a sketch from a witness who came forward later in the investigation.

No one is helping them, no one is talking. All they have to prove that Dulce was still alive and with her mother, brother and aunt is a video of her getting ice cream at the convenient store before they went to the park. There's no video from the park.

They haven't mentioned anything about finding Dulce's foot steps out there. That's something that has been puzzling to me. No mention of drag marks from her shoes, they never found her ice cream cup or spoon. They did say a search dog picked up her scent for over an hour, but never said where exactly this occurred.

The mother admits she was sitting in her car when Dulce and her brother got out of the car and went towards the swings with their ice creams. She admits she was scratching a lottery ticket while her little sister was pulling out her homework. Her little sister drew attention to the mother that she couldn't see the kids, so Dulce's Mom and the sister got out of the car and searched, found Dulce's little brother, his ice cream dropped on the ground and he was crying. Dulce's little brother is non-verbal, so he wasn't able to speak right then and say what he witnessed to his mother. She went around the park, after not finding Dulce and asked people if they saw her- no one had at that point. She called her brother and asked him to bring his dog with him, to help search for Dulce. When they couldn't find her, she finally called 911, after 45 minutes went by.

That 45 minutes may or may not have made a huge difference, had LE been there. In 45 minutes, a perp, depending upon where you live, could be 2-3 towns away. Not to mention, by the time LE got there, gathered information, tried talking to others there, more time passed.

I just think they're out of leads. No one is talking, if they know or heard something. Where does LE go from there?

If it's truly a stranger abduction those are very difficult to solve without a good tip or victim escaping. We saw it in numerous cases where LE was stumped until something happened to break the case. LE appears to be totally stumped here. Nobody have seen much, and the witness to a red van story is a child of tender years.

I have always been victim friendly in the many cases I have followed. I cringe when posters immediately say--the husband did it--etc. Even if I feel the same, I wait for evidence before I comment. It's so easy to blurt out the obvious. I also agree that it isn't kind to attack a parent who is suffering.

But when it comes to children who are abducted, as in Dulce and Kamille's case, I'm sorry, but I can't sit here and pretend that I am not angry that these little kids were left vulnerable to abduction. I feel the pain that Dulce's loved ones feel. I feel the pain that Kamille's family is going through. And as much as I know the horror they are going through, I am so angry. I am angry that these little kids weren't protected from the worst fate that could happen to them. Kamille paid with her life, and Dulce may be the next. They are the true victims, not their mothers.

There is a truism "Some kids won't make it". It is based on the reality that children who aren't guided and supervised (neglected) are vulnerable to an early death by accident or worse. I know this all sounds harsh, but my grief and sympathy is directed at the one who lost the most, and that's Dulce.

Can you give examples?

They pulled over 500 vans and searched them. The got the FBI involved and it took them several days before they were able to talk to the father in Mexico, even though Dulce's mother and some members of his family were able to get a hold of him right when this happened. They searched all over the park, talked to everyone they were able to find that was at the park that day. They put out a sketch from a witness who came forward later in the investigation.

No one is helping them, no one is talking. All they have to prove that Dulce was still alive and with her mother, brother and aunt is a video of her getting ice cream at the convenient store before they went to the park. There's no video from the park.

They haven't mentioned anything about finding Dulce's foot steps out there. That's something that has been puzzling to me. No mention of drag marks from her shoes, they never found her ice cream cup or spoon. They did say a search dog picked up her scent for over an hour, but never said where exactly this occurred.

The mother admits she was sitting in her car when Dulce and her brother got out of the car and went towards the swings with their ice creams. She admits she was scratching a lottery ticket while her little sister was pulling out her homework. Her little sister drew attention to the mother that she couldn't see the kids, so Dulce's Mom and the sister got out of the car and searched, found Dulce's little brother, his ice cream dropped on the ground and he was crying. Dulce's little brother is non-verbal, so he wasn't able to speak right then and say what he witnessed to his mother. She went around the park, after not finding Dulce and asked people if they saw her- no one had at that point. She called her brother and asked him to bring his dog with him, to help search for Dulce. When they couldn't find her, she finally called 911, after 45 minutes went by.

That 45 minutes may or may not have made a huge difference, had LE been there. In 45 minutes, a perp, depending upon where you live, could be 2-3 towns away. Not to mention, by the time LE got there, gathered information, tried talking to others there, more time passed.

I just think they're out of leads. No one is talking, if they know or heard something. Where does LE go from there?
She asked her brother to bring his dog to find Dulce?! I find that very...odd. Very. And concerning.
Amateur opinion and speculation.

The only people we know of who have come forward with information are basketball players/park goers from that afternoon, most of which it seems LE had to track down themselves by going over their body cam footage from when they were on scene and then the witness who came forward nearly a month later to provide a description of the man in the sketch that LE recently released.

I agree with the above post from @Steelslady; the local community wasn't coming forward to help quickly & willingly and that was prior to the "mom's boyfriend detained by ICE situation"

I do agree that another presser or some word from LE to remind residents that they are still working the case would be helpful. Clarification that everyone is eligible for the $52,000 reward might be helpful too.

Can any locals give some insight on the residents there in terms of if it's possible someone who knows something might not be aware of LE/other govt. officials saying that immigration status does not matter, that there is a reward and that they desperately need info? Would non-English speaking residents even be watching the local news/Press Conferences? I know they had translators at a couple of them, but would someone who doesn't speak or understand English have even been tuning in to those local news channels? Were Spanish-speaking local channels interrupting regularly scheduled programming to live-stream the LE press conferences?

Enough of the community knew about Dulce missing since the mother is so traumatized by people talking bad about her - her mother told her to stay home in the beginning, not to attend searches and now not speaking to media. I’m speculating the trash talk is on social media. I haven’t seen or read anything so Im clueless where it is (mother’s FB perhaps?).

I suspect that a large percentage of the local population feel vulnerable and afraid of LE. They may be from places where the local LE was draconian and in the employ of criminals. Convincing them that this is not the case here and that the money is not bait in a trap may be a hard sell. $52,000 would go a very long way for an impoverished family.

When LE showed up with body cameras and tracked down basketball players, the only players they would have been able to track would be the ones who were still there when LE showed up. We know there was a delay between Dulce going missing and LE being called, because mom called her brother to come and look for Dulce with the dog. That would have taken substantial amount of time. So I think it's clear some basketball players left before LE even showed up. That witness that came forward with the sketch information could very well have been one of those who left. There could have various reasons people don't want to talk to police. Also, people playing basketball likely weren't paying much attention to the children on the playground. So the case ended up with nobody who really saw anything (at least from the ones that did come forward) and a child of tender years (possibly even non-verbal 3 year old) with a red van story (which in my mind makes it highly questionable).

I suspect that a large percentage of the local population feel vulnerable and afraid of LE. They may be from places where the local LE was draconian and in the employ of criminals. Convincing them that this is not the case here and that the money is not bait in a trap may be a hard sell. $52,000 would go a very long way for an impoverished family.
It could, but if the person is illegal, are they even eligible for a reward?

There are plenty of ways to text for free (apps on smartphones: that's even possible with phones that don't have service/are out of monthly minutes; just need WiFi and that's free at many public places) Apparently, you can also text from a computer.

Mail in a tip, that costs a postage stamp.

Borrow a friend or family members phone.

Ask to use a landline at a business and don't leave your name.

If someone is sitting on info and TRULY wants to help, there are means to do it.

If the reward money is an issue, then one would have to make a decision: Get 52k but do not stay anonymous or remain anonymous but give the info freely. Staying anonymous & sitting on the info is of course another option, but a poor one, imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member