GA GA - Levi Frady, 11, homicide, Cumming, 22 Oct 1997

I agree that Gary Michael Hilton is the one who murdered Levi. He even eluded to that when GBI interviewed him asking if he could help with the Frady case. I wish he would talk and confess to his other murders but he is pure evil and he won't unless it is of benefit to him.

I do not know much about Hilton. Is he the type a behavioral profile says would kill different ages and different sexes?

http://www.dawsonadvertiser.com/vie...ld-case-investigation?instance=main_image_top

Perhaps a forum member can report on the series when it is aired.

This is one case that has always haunted me since it happened in my home state. I am glad to see Vinnie Politan will be on the cold case team.:heart: He seems to be doing a great job as a reporter for Channel 11 since he left HLN.

There was talk at one time that Joseph Duncan was also in that area of Georgia when Levy was murdered. If I am not mistaken someone saw a man ride down that road in a red pickup truck around the time Levy was taken.

I am not sure I believe it was someone Levy knew. I think it was more likely a pedophile roaming the area and he got spooked and murdered him without sexually assaulting him.

I would love to know this case has been solved. I wish all of the investigators the very best.

I was just reading about Levi's case and it hit me when I saw his birthday further up in the thread that he was almost exactly a year older than me. I was trying to think about what I would've been doing in 1997, I was 10, we lived in a rural southern town where I'm sure we thought we were invincible. Cases like this make my heart hurt, I can't imagine how his family feels. 18 years and still no concrete answers. As a mother of 2 young children, still living in a rural southern town where all of the young people think they're invincible and that nothing like this could ever happen around here, it's a scary thought.

I pray that one day the Frady family gets some justice.

http://www.dawsonadvertiser.com/vie...ld-case-investigation?instance=main_image_top

Perhaps a forum member can report on the series when it is aired.

Videos from 11Alive
(just found them and haven't had a chance to watch yet):

Forensics in the Levi Frady murder mystery
http://www.11alive.com/video/4071946496001/1/Forensics-in-the-Levi-Frady-murder-mystery

Georgia Mysteries: Who killed Levi Frady?
http://www.11alive.com/video/4058859144001/50317397001/Georgia-Mysteries-Who-killed-Levi-Frady

Twenty years later, who killed Levi Frady remains a mystery

http://www.myajc.com/news/crime--law/twenty-years-later-who-killed-levi-frady-remains-mystery/3Ri9ORtdrp5HPfF7w80LwO/

Someone knows what happened to her son. But nearly 20 years after her 11-year-old son was killed, Marilyn Weaver continues to wait for answers.

“There’s still nothing after all this time,” Weaver told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “I’ve heard so many rumors. I know that somebody knows. It has to have been more than one person that knows. To me, it’s just mind-boggling.”

The investigation into Levi’s death involved sheriff’s offices in both Forsyth and Dawson counties, along with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. But despite hundreds of interviews and tips, plus a $100,000 reward, the boy’s death remains unsolved.

“We still develop leads and follow those leads,” said Kim Williams, GBI special agent in charge in northeast Georgia.

But there have still been no major breaks in the case, Williams said.

I have been interested in this case since I moved here (Gainesville/Cumming) back in 2015. Levi was kidnapped on the same road where I drove my daughter to school everyday for 3 years (Little Mill Elementary). He was just a few years younger than my husband, who was in school with Levi's sister.
Every time I drive down that road, I think of him as I pass the place where his bike was found.

Why can't this one get solved?? It seems so strange to me, in this day and age, that it wouldn't be. I have been wanting to write to some of the True Crime Youtubers to ask them to revive this one. I think John Lordan's Searchlight or Danelle Hallen's channel would be most appropriate and/or effective.

I was a teenager in Cumming during this time and don't even remember it. But I'd sure love to see this solved as well.

I really wish John Walsh or someone would investigate this case. I live in the area and cannot believe this has not been solved. Someone knows something, and they have been quiet too long. I do not think this is a hard case to solve - I think there was some covering-up involved. Whoever did this has been walking around free for too long. I visited his grave recently, and it’s just so sad that no one has been punished for what they did to him.

Officials in Georgia are still working to solve the murder of an 11-year-old boy.
It's been 25 years since Levi Frady was last seen on October 22, 1997 on Little Mill Road in Forsyth County.
Levi's body was found the next day in the Dawson Forest Wildlife Management Area in Dawson County.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back