Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, I think you’re reading WAY too much into the the jury’s verdict. I agree that they didn’t believe Wayne, or at least threw out his testimony. Doesn’t mean they didn’t believe he had a weapon or helped commit the act. Only that the State didn’t prove all elements of Murder 1 within a reasonable doubt.

Pretty apparent to me that the jury felt Wayne was the mastermind of the two and they didn’t trust his testimony concerning Jimmy. That’s pretty much all it amounts to, IMO.
I feel that the fact that there was "no evidence"of conspiring, burner phones, with Jimmy, is why jury felt no 1st degree.

I agree that was probably how they felt. That there just wasn’t enough to convict him on those things. I am just wondering if their verdict (2nd degree murder, no weapon) holds any weight in the next trial. Can the defense say he was found not guilty of having a hammer? I guess I’ll just have to wait and see, I’m just curious how much this is going to affect everything else because we aren’t done yet.

Remember, the absence of evidence does not mean evidence of absence.

Respectfully, I think you’re reading WAY too much into the the jury’s verdict. I agree that they didn’t believe Wayne, or at least threw out his testimony. Doesn’t mean they didn’t believe he had a weapon or helped commit the act. Only that the State didn’t prove all elements of Murder 1 within a reasonable doubt.

Pretty apparent to me that the jury felt Wayne was the mastermind of the two and they didn’t trust his testimony concerning Jimmy. That’s pretty much all it amounts to, IMO.
I agree completely!
I respect and accept the fact that the jury had a difficult decision to make. I honestly was getting nervous with all the media opinions of a "not guilty" verdict. To think that this evil psychopath could walk the streets immediately was sickening. The state said they are going for life and although we have to feed that scum, I'm ok with that too. I hope he meets big bubba in the state Penn. After all, he offered some kind of sex act in exchange for a honey bun in county jail (according to wink news). All IMO.

Last edited:
I think I disagree w verdict. I totally respect state has to prove their case and in this case i felt they did. Jimmy wasn't supposed to leave the state but yet he did. Not only did he leave the state and make a quick round trip to FL and back, he carried two pr of work coveralls for the intended messy job. Was seen on Wal Mart video. Purchased Showmaker a tee. Returned home with all the evidence police collected from side of road. Yes, I strongly feel the jury got this one wrong. Way too many jorors these days want 100% of story told told them w/o using one iota of common sense.

I'm very late to this case but it reminds me so much of Dan Markels' I had to join in. You all have done a remarkable job putting together so much information since she was murdered IMO. Thank you.

I just finished reading this document again, and the mention of "two hammers" on page 5 has me confused. I'll attach a screenshot of the paragraph. It says Mark identified the two hammers found at the scene. Is this a typo? Or is it referring to the hammer that CWW used and another one that was clean/unused? They never found the ball peen hammer from JRR's white cooler, correct?
Someone w more knowledge or a better memory could better answer your question but I vaguely recall us discussing this in an early doc dump I think. I think Mark had a ball peen hammer in garage as a stored tool. It was a red claw hammer that was brought from MO to FL to do the bloody job. Please, someone feel free to correct my poor memory inaccuracies

I am just relieved that we got the GUILTY verdict. I was worried they would hang or worse.

The questions they asked made me believe there were some internal rifts in the jury, and one or two were questioning his guilt. So I am happy with what we ended up with. Hopefully the sentencing will be maximum.

Juror Harry Roberts said for him, that decision was not difficult. For him, the verdict came down to this: “We just couldn’t put the hammer in his hand and there was no evidence he was really in the house,” he said.

Meaning the jury agreed Jimmy Rodgers didn’t deserve to die for his role in the murder of Teresa Sievers. So no first-degree murder conviction and no conspiracy.

“You have the life of, not just the life that was taken, responsibility to them, but you also have a responsibility because you’re holding someone else’s life in your hands too, so it can’t be taken lightly,” said Roberts.

...snipped.....

Weighing the evidence and the testimonies, trying to get into the heads of Rodgers’ ex-girlfriend Taylor Shomaker and another suspect in the murder, Wayne Wright.

Roberts said he had a tough time deciding who was telling the truth.

“It was really difficult because there was a lot of emotion going on,” he said.

Roberts said he thinks Rodgers knew what he was getting into, but doesn’t think he planned it with Wright and Sievers’ husband, Mark.

juror-300x170.jpg

Juror Harry Roberts (WINK News)
“So we were looking for ways he was linked and with all the evidence that was given, like I said, it was the coveralls and his actions that, trying to get rid of evidence is basically what convicted him of it,” he said.

I, for one, would be happy for them to give JRR a 25 yr deal for testifying against Mark.... same as for CWW. I don't think he'll take it though. I think he kind of likes Prison.
I think he likes prison too.
I was reading a story the other day about a criminal (maybe somewhere here?) who got a 4 year sentence. He had multiple infractions as well as many escape attempts and 30 years later, he's still incarcerated. Made me think of JRR. :)

The opinions flying down here remind me of our mosquitoes because there's so many of them. Thought I'd share this:

Rodgers' guilty verdict could impact Mark Sievers trial
I think having JR corroborate CWW’s testimony would be beneficial in convicting MS and after all, MS is the mastermind behind the murder. He is the one who should pay the most IMO
These two (JR and CWW) are nothing more than a couple of bumbling idiots. I hope MS choice in hit men is his ultimate downfall.
He deserves it all IMO and I pray he gets everything he has coming. Karma is saving the best for last IMHO.
Wait for it because it’s coming!

I think I disagree w verdict. I totally respect state has to prove their case and in this case i felt they did. Jimmy wasn't supposed to leave the state but yet he did. Not only did he leave the state and make a quick round trip to FL and back, he carried two pr of work coveralls for the intended messy job. Was seen on Wal Mart video. Purchased Showmaker a tee. Returned home with all the evidence police collected from side of road. Yes, I strongly feel the jury got this one wrong. Way too many jorors these days want 100% of story told told them w/o using one iota of common sense.
I agree. Didn't he tell his girlfriend that he was doing a job with Wayne that was paying $10k (going from memory not recent testimony)? Also, didn't he buy a truck with his blood money?

I don't see how they didn't think that he was part of the planning, at least, in the sense that he was going to be part of murdering Sievers' wife.

I think that Wayne took JR because he didn't have the nerve to do the job alone. Plus, I don't think that he fully trusted Mark and he wanted to have a fall guy if he needed one.

DALETRAY I like your "common sense" thinking! The "staging of the court room players" was wrong, wrong, wrong! (I don't know how else to phrase it.) The jurors saw a clean cut, young man, who dressed in suits & ties and walked up to the judge's bench just as if was a member of the defense team. They didn't know his criminal history, his lies, or his murder tats. These jurors had promised to keep an open mind and not look up any of the individuals on the internet. Well, I think the verdict was verification; they did not look up Jimmy!
Conversely, we had CWW dressed in drabby, baggy prison-type garb with CHARLOTTE CO. JAIL INMATE stenciled in 4 inch block letters, graveled voice and claiming, "I am the only one telling the truth." Okey Dokey! Kind of makes a person wonder, if that is how you ended up because you "told the truth".... maybe a person should keep their mouth shut and take their chances with a jury. Hmm, and now I have to agree with JRR keeping his mouth shut and "keep up appearances."
But, I still hope he gets a sentence as long as CWW's...

A Picture's Worth.....

Thanks for catching me the other day, IQ. My mind was so jumbled-up, I couldn't think straight! I should have said, "A picture's worth a thousand words", and all of them scream, "Murderers!". How could the jury not see that more than one monster committed that damage?!! Each of the jurors should have been allowed time to hold every photo in their hands, and inspect the damage up close.

Thanks to superior footage by NBC2 that I found on YouTube, I was able to pause and catch a glimpse of the unholy assault these ruthless and vile killers exacted on Dr. Sievers. This 6-hr clip is titled, Jimmy Rodgers Trial: Friday, October 18. The photos appear towards the end of the clip. The Honorable Judge Kyle is on the cover of this clip. (Sorry, I'm not hip to the lingo.) With enough diligence, you can freeze the video at the precise point that Dr. Thomas Coyne exhibits the photos to the jury. This crime is beyond barbaric. It is demonic.

I sure do hope the jurors will be able to hold these pictures in their hands, come Mark's trial. They will be lost for words.

Thank God for angels with badges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members