Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 *Arrests* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, a nice statement. They could have chosen to stay silent, but said something instead. It reminds people that the horrible actions of those two effect so many other people, forever.
Heartbreaking.
It definitely trickles down to many victims- the main one, of course, being Cupcake. Only his family and Brown's family are on the receiving end of a lot of hate, negativity and disgust, even though they weren't involved in any way. My heart goes out to them all ( those, of course, that don't defend his sick actions). That has to be the 2nd most horrific reality no parent, siblings, other relatives and friends want to live through- being related or associated with such a sick person.

He's arrived "transport marked vehicle" on the scene. Reporter's yelling -- "Patrick -- did you kill that little girl?"

PS wearing royal blue and black stripped outfit. No bullet proof vest.

PS arrived in a cage -- as he deserves.

End of watch for me.

MOO

Still waiting for the day when a suspect actually answers that question with “yes, I did it.”

And the headline:

Murder Suspect Admits Guilt to Screaming Reporter

Well written statement by PS’ family.

Patrick Stallworth's family responded with a statement following his charges in connection with #KamilleMcKinney's death. "We can't find enough words to express our grief, and we are distraught by the fact that a member of the Stallworth family is charged with this heinous act."

"The actions he is alleged to have done in no way reflect who we are as a family. We abhor senseless violence, and even more so, we condemn acts of violence against defenseless children. We will continue to pray for the McKinney family. For us, this too is a tragedy."

Sherrel Stewart on Twitter

Thank you.

I said earlier that this family may also be victims of PS.

At least six individuals -- likely family, vouched for him by collateralizing $500,000 personal assets to secure his release from jail, most likely because they believed his alibi. And he probably blamed the *advertiser censored* on his phone downloaded by other.

Also, on paper, PS has practically no criminal record!!

Misdemeanor charge for MJ in 2004, and a later MJ charge was dismissed.

ETA: to update no criminal history known in AL

Last edited:
dbm: operator error-me

Eta:
“We believe that this was something they thought about and acted upon and they saw an opportunity to take a young child, and they did,” Birmingham Police Chief Patrick Smith told reporters Tuesday.

“Kamille McKinney, affectionately known as Cupcake, we will never forget her name.”

The mayor was joined at the vigil by Birmingham’s police chief, who said he believed Kamille had “changed this city.”

“She made us stop and check ourselves,” Smith said. “Check ourselves to see if we’re doing everything we can to keep our children safe from harm. Check ourselves to see if we’re truly the village that we promise to be. Check ourselves to see if we’re living up to the expectations of tomorrow and watching over our children today.”

“Ten days ago, I feel we were a very different city,” he continued. “Maybe we were a little bit too carefree, maybe there’s more that we could have done to watch over this little child. But today we’ve come face to face with the hurt, the pain and the loss of a beautiful little spirit. Let us not take the moment for granted.”
Alabama officials identify remains of 3-year-old Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney

Last edited:
Well written statement by PS’ family.

Patrick Stallworth's family responded with a statement following his charges in connection with #KamilleMcKinney's death. "We can't find enough words to express our grief, and we are distraught by the fact that a member of the Stallworth family is charged with this heinous act."

"The actions he is alleged to have done in no way reflect who we are as a family. We abhor senseless violence, and even more so, we condemn acts of violence against defenseless children. We will continue to pray for the McKinney family. For us, this too is a tragedy."

Wow, that's telling. Sounds like they don't have much of a problem believing he is guilty.

I've also wonder if he took her for DB. She lost her kids, she wasn't going to get her kids back and she wanted a kid. Then when things got crazy with the media they disposed of her. Maybe I'm just hoping it wasn't sexually motivated.

I know DB's sites and all that were horrible but to me that doesn't mean she's a child predator. There's plenty of people on those kinds of sites and they aren't pedophiles.

Maybe I'm grasping at straws at this time.
I have been thinking this also! They took a kid from an area that they MAYBE assumed would not get much attention. Then it did and they got rid of her :( JMO Early on I worried that if she was by chance alive, that whomever had her would kill her. No matter what it’s tragic.

People need to be outraged with the two monsters, not the parents or the caretaker.

I bet the same people in the community that are outraged are the same people who let their kids out without supervision before this tragedy happened. It's a thing that goes on in the projects. Kids roam and play alone. It's normal there.
It’s a sign of the times unfortunately. As a kid of very wealthy parents in the 70’s and 80’s I would go spend the night in “The Projects” all the time! My nanny took me there many many times. Outside from sunup to sundown. As a mother, things were changing some but I still let my daughter roam my neighborhood with friends in early 2000’s. We let them ride bikes all day when she was 6-12ish. I made her check in every hour. Looking back, I’m horrified at the thought of doing that but hindsight is always 20/20. In a small town in the South, it was totally fine to roam the neighborhood. Even now I pass by and see kids running around. YOUNG kids. People in the projects in the town where I’m from, DO know everyone. If they see a stranger the “village” is on alert. I think this is an eye opener for many families in the same situation as poor CC’s parents. There are still people in the world who believe most are inherently good. This is 10000% the 2 monsters fault.

Kamille 'Cupcake’ McKinney: 2 charged with capital murder of child

Oct 24, 2019

5QB4ZTDCWBCEFCETPMXZ3GNK34.jpg

[...]

Birmingham police detectives on Thursday presented their evidence against Patrick Devone Stallworth, and his girlfriend, Derick Irisha Brown, to the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office.

District Attorney Danny Carr, in a 4 p.m. announcement, said his office has issued warrants against Smith and Brown for capital murder of a child under the age of 14. If convicted, both could face the death penalty.

[...]

The abduction happened about 8:30 p.m. at Tom Brown Village public housing community off Messer-Airport Highway. Kamille was with her mother, April Thomas, and other family members at the birthday party in a parking lot off 41st Place North.

Children attending the party said a man got out of an SUV and put Kamille in the vehicle.

[...]

Just 24 hours after Kamille’s disappearance, residents at a Center Point condominium complex called 911 after finding the Toyota Sequoia parked outside. Stallworth and Brown were taken into custody as persons of interest.

[...]

Stallworth with seven crimes - possession of child *advertiser censored* and possession with intent to distribute child *advertiser censored*. ... Authorities said there were no images of Kamille found on his phone. He was released from jail after posting $500,000 bond.

[...]

Brown was held as well after authorities filed a motion to revoke her bond in a case in which Brown is accused of abducting her three children from DHR custody.

[...]

The incident happened July 13, 2018 and Brown was charged then with three counts of kidnapping, second-degree assault, attempting to elude and four counts of reckless endangerment.

Deputies learned that the night before the kidnapping, DHR had removed the children from the custody of their mother as part of a safety plan while an investigation was conducted into abuse allegations.

[...]

While being questioned in connection with Kamille’s case, investigators learned she had tried to reach out to the victims in the 2018 case. A judge then revoked her bond.

[...]

Adam Danneman, a public defender whose office represents Brown, previously said the woman “adamantly denies” knowing anything about the abduction

[...]

Moments after Kamille’s remains were found, a team of police already in position carried out a search warrant at a home in Midfield where Stallworth was taken into custody on suspicion of capital murder and kidnapping.

[...]

Little is known about Stallworth.

He has family members in the area and once lived at the family home where he was arrested in Midfield Tuesday night. He also lived for a time in the mid-2000s in Pensacola, but Florida records show no criminal history for him there.

[...]

In Alabama, he also has no significant prior criminal record. He pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge in Butler County in 2004. He was arrested again in 2013 on a felony marijuana possession charged but it was dismissed.

It wasn’t immediately clear how long he lived at Woodside Condominiums – where he was initially arrested – but management there said he had lived in one building until it burned in September and then moved to his current rental apartment which was padlocked after his arrest.

[...]

Both will be held without bond in the Jefferson County Jail.

^^^bbm

First time I've read that birthday party was held in the parking lot. Perhaps like tailgate/bbq where guests assembled. Makes more sense than everybody indoors and kids outside completely on their own.

PS first apartment at Woodside burned. Evidence of prior crimes including child *advertiser censored* destroyed?

PS arrested Tuesday in Midfield (the family home- parents?).

Stallworth Upholstery & Vinyl Top - 30 years, excellent rating and reviews.

Was it confirmed that the other little girl from the video that night was Kamille's cousin? If so, the relationship between the mothers is possibly awkward, strained, or ruined now too.

That's also sad.
I wonder if that had something to do with the argument we saw on the live news that night.

6:12 PM · Oct 24, 2019

AL.com on Twitter
"The actions he is alleged to have done in no way reflect who we are as a family."
The family of Patrick Stallworth, the suspect charged in Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney's death, released their first public comments today. Read more of what they said: https://trib.al/5micj99
EHr5M4qXkAAtVew.jpg

9:04 PM - 24 Oct 2019

Olivia Whitmire WHNT on Twitter
BIGGER THAN FOOTBALL: the @JCJetsFootball student section is wearing purple tonight to honor the loss of Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney
1f49c.png
1f49c.png

Even from nearly 100 miles away, the loss of Cupcake is being felt here in North Alabama and across the state and nation.
9:01 PM - 24 Oct 2019

ChristinaWBRC on Twitter
It’s been a tough week in Birmingham. Paul Bryant High School in Tuscaloosa playing at Hueytown tonight and they made this sign for Kamille “Cupcake McKinney. @WBRCnews #AcommunityMourns #cupcakemckinney
EHrvFmgWwAExVCe.jpg

8:20 PM - 24 Oct 2019

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads