Deceased/Not Found TN - Cayce McDaniel, 14, Milan, 16 Aug 1996 *guilty*

Cayce McDaniel's family keeps missing person case in public eye 21 years later

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/crime/2017/08/16/cayce-mcdaniels-family-keeps-missing-person-case-public-eye-21-years-later/575169001/

Smith admits 21 years without a trace from her that McDaniel is probably dead, but he holds on to hope that McDaniel will return home alive and well.

“It’s hard for me to believe she’d be gone this long without hearing something from her, because that’s not how she was,” Smith said. “But we still pray for her to be found alive, and if not, we know she’s in a better place than here.

“But we’re not going to stop until we know what happened. And someone somewhere around here has to know something, and we ask that they help us out. We miss Cayce.”

It was noted that there were no signs of a struggle so there is a possibility that Cayce knew her kidnapper. these cases when a person/ persons just vanished from their home without any signs of struggle and never coming back are really very chilling, everybody knows that horrible thing happened but no one knows exactly what and who is the responsible.

On charly project website there are Police insights regarding Cayce's abduction and even a picture of a suspect .
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mcdaniel_cayce.html

Those Police insights were 10 years ago, in 2007. I wonder if they continued to 'investigate' that unnamed suspect?

Wherever you are Cayce, I hope you had a glorious life. And, if you were taken from this existance, much too soon IMO, I hope your Angel Wings came quickly.

The first season of the podcast focused on Cayce Lynn McDaniel, the 14-year-old girl who went missing in Milan in August of 1996 without a known trace. The case had faded from the public eye over a couple decades; at the annual vigils dwindled to the point Cayce’s family and friends declined to try to have vigils for four years until this past August when The Vineyard Church in Milan was filled with hundreds of people to remember and pray for Cayce.

“I think the podcast definitely gave Cayce’s story exposure it hadn’t had in a while,” Barnett said. “I’ve been told through various contacts that FBI, TBI, Gibson County Sheriff and Milan Police are all active on the case again, and it’s more active now with leads and stuff than it was in 1996 when she first went missing.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...beginning-search-bethany-markowski/858761001/

It was noted that there were no signs of a struggle so there is a possibility that Cayce knew her kidnapper. these cases when a person/ persons just vanished from their home without any signs of struggle and never coming back are really very chilling, everybody knows that horrible thing happened but no one knows exactly what and who is the responsible.

On charly project website there are Police insights regarding Cayce's abduction and even a picture of a suspect .
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mcdaniel_cayce.html
I wish they'd charge the suspect. I haven't followed that many cases out of TN. Is it one of those states where no-body murder trials are unheard of? Here in Michigan, they're becoming more common.

Pretty much. I live in Tennessee and the biggest trail has been that of Holly Bobo. Until that trail, there really wasn't much in the way of cases like this. I had only just heard of the Searching for Ghosts podcast by mistake and I live only about 2 hours away from Milan.

Sick guy. I hope he lets her family know where her body is.

"Cayce McDaniel, 14, disappeared from her Milan, Tennessee, home in 1999. Her body was never recovered and no arrests were ever made. Police have finally named a suspect, Finish Ewin Hill, 66, in the case. Hill was a family friend who Cayce referred to as 'Uncle Pete'. He also has an extensive criminal record that includes aggravated rape. Investigators posed as a young mother online, where Hill confessed to having sex with a 14-year-old twice and enjoying raping women."

Cold case breakthrough as suspect named in Cayce McDaniels disappearance | Daily Mail Online

Wow! I just entered to Cayce thread as I regularly do to search for updates and my heart just sank when I saw your post and the link to the article/

Thank you very much Lucy's mom for the dramatic update, I hope that soon there will be justice for Cayce and her family , I hope this monster will never be free again.

Cayce McDaniel's family, mother speak on 22nd anniversary of disappearance

But that didn’t seem to deter any of the estimated 100 people gathered to honor Cayce McDaniel, who disappeared 22 years ago, on Aug. 16, 1996

The vigil was the first public gathering since Milan Police, the TBI and FBI publicly named Finis Ewin Hill, known as "Pete" Hill, as a suspect, the first break in the case since McDaniel’s disappearance.

FBI searching home of missing Milan girl

Federal agents returned to the home of a 14-year-old girl who went missing from Milan more than two decades ago.

According to WREG’s Bridget Chapman about a dozen agents with the Federal Bureau of Investigation were seen searching the former home of Cayce McDaniel on Wednesday. She was told they are using new technology to test for evidence that could help them find out what happened to the 14 year old.

[...]

Dont mean to double post, but I just listened to the update for the Searching for Ghosts Podcast and Mr. Hill sounds like a nasty monster. I hope they nail him and get some semblance of justice for Cayce.

Hill is facing federal charges of child exploitation, following a two-count indictment charging that on June 14, he used the internet to attempt to entice a minor to engage in criminal sexual activity; and on June 16 traveling from Tennessee to Mississippi to meet with a person he believed to be under 16 and engage in illicit sexual activity.

Hill’s trial date is set for Jan 22 in Jackson.

Trial date set for Finis 'Pete' Hill on child exploitation charges

On this 25th anniversary of Cayce's disappearance I find no further updates as to Hill's criminal proceedings so I'm thinking he may be still serving time for previous federal sex charges, awaiting trial which I think would be in Gibson County TN? Correct me if that is not where the McDaniel home was (in Milan Tennessee) in 1996. I do not know how to look up other states court system dockets very well as I'm in Ohio and we don't have circuit courts. If anyone would like to or seek Hill's offender or prison ID in TN that might say current status it'd be nice to know more recently if the case is going to trial still.

Prayers for Cayce. May she come home for to be put to rest. I see now, as I'm sure many do, how slowly law enforcement work to figure out "oh geez there is a sexually offending person hanging near her mother who has a history" (as he did back to early 2000's and as mother Cindy told him he made passes at her). Small town police, I get it, but so little and way late.

Hill could've and maybe has had many more victims up to most current arrest for online procuring sex with a teen girl in MS. Something we see too often.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back