Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 *Arrests* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 211116
Crime Stoppers announced Friday morning in an exclusive interview with WBRC that a tipster has received an award for providing assistance in the arrest of two suspects in connection to Kamille McKinney’s kidnapping.

Crime Stoppers Chairman Frank Barefield confirmed a portion of the reward, originally announced as $20,000, has been issued to the tipster but said the amount given will not be released.

Barefield said that after numerous anonymous donations, the Crime Stoppers reward exceeded $35,000 prior to Patrick Stallworth and Derick Brown being charged Thursday with capital murder.
Crime Stoppers awards tipster for assistance in arrests of Kamille McKinney murder suspects

I’m thinking it’s to the people who ID’ed them at cretin PS apartment. If it’s someone else, that would be interesting.

OCT 25, 2019
Funeral arrangements announced for Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney
[...]

The funeral will take place Sunday, Oct. 27, 2019, at New Beginnings Christian Ministry. The church is located at 501 Mountain Drive in Birmingham, 35206.

The funeral will start at 1 p.m.

McKinney will be buried at Elmwood Cemetary at 600 Martin Luther King Drive in Birmingham, 35211.

Kamille-funeral-arrangements.jpg

An official website has been created to support the McKinney family, visit RememberingCupcake.com.

Haven’t seen this article posted yet. A bit of insight into DB’s past, and “character” :eek:

Court records reveal criminal past and childhood of Derick Brown
From the article:

IWM5CMGM2ZHTZCY4B6DQ6NY7R4.PNG

Derick Brown mugshot taken over a decade ago (Source: Alabama Department of Corrections)

As a young woman, Derick Brown pled with a judge to help keep her from becoming a “failure,” according to a letter uncovered in court records.

[...]

In the letter written a decade ago, Brown described a violent and unstable childhood and a desperation to keep her family together.

Her criminal record in Alabama stretches back to 2009 when Brown was 18 years old. At the time, she was using the alias Quentesa Evon Jackson, according to court records. Jackson was charged with burglary and theft of property and eventually found guilty of theft.

[...]

Jackson was arrested in December 2010 by Birmingham Police and charged with two felonies, robbery and fraudulent use of a credit card.

In January, she wrote a letter to the judge over the case, apologizing for lying during a court hearing. In the letter, she wrote, “I was scared from all I heard about you being mean and all I wanted to be with my babies and fiancé and father of my kids.” The then 20-year-old described her concerns for piling bills and her inability to buy diapers and baby wipes. “[My fiancé] only makes $7.50 a hour part-time,” she wrote. “I don’t want to be the reason we loses [sic] our home and our kids.”

[...]

Jackson goes on to detail her childhood which she said included sexual abuse, treatment in mental-health facilities and years spent in foster care. “I made a promise to myself that I won’t become a drug addict, do drugs or drink or hang around people that do. I would not lose my kids to (DHR) like my mother did.”

[...]

While sentencing was pending in this case, Jackson’s probation from the 2009 theft charge was revoked and she was admitted to Tutwiler Prison for Women in March 2011. She served 6 months and 18 days.

[...]

There were no charges in Alabama against Brown, or her alias, again until 2018.

According to court records, DHR removed three of Brown’s children from her care in July 2018 after a family member reported “Brown placed one of the children in the washing machine for punishment.”

DHR gave a family member, who already had custody of one of Brown’s children, temporary custody of the three others, according to court records.

[...]

She was indicted on the kidnapping charges by a grand jury in March 2019 and was re-arrested on the charges.

[...]

That case is scheduled to go to trial in November, according to court records.

Last edited:
Interesting appeal here and sorry these monsters didn't take Birmingham Attorney up on his offer. He would not be representing them at trial -- just to receive safe delivery of KM Cupcake. There were so many prayers for this child.:(

Birmingham attorney Eric Guster, of the Guster Law Firm, took to Facebook Live Tuesday morning October 15 in an effort to bring Kamille home.

In the video, which has been shared over 1,000 times, Guster offers his services to Kamille’s abuctor(s) for $1, in exchange for the child’s safe return.

“If you reach out to me…you bring me this child, pay me a dollar, I’m your lawyer at that point. I can’t tell people who you are…I won’t even look at your face. I just want this baby back,” Guster says.

Birmingham attorney offers to represent Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney’s abductors for $1
Unfortunately his offer was likely too late

Here’s an additional graphic showing where all confirmed events and some of my personal speculation on the location of people/players/events of that night. The black line is possible escape routes.
There were two parties in separate parking lots? I thought the moonwalk children’s party was the only one and ended before CC went missing?

Here’s an additional graphic showing where all confirmed events and some of my personal speculation on the location of people/players/events of that night. The black line is possible escape routes.
I hadn't realized she was that far away from the home of the person that was supposed to watching her. Thank you for labeling that. Made it easier to understand how it happened.

Chief talking about Crimestoppers and stating it was never intended for missing children and due to this case policy is being changed. Head of Crimestoppers is establishing the “Kamille Cupcake McKinney Reward Fund”. Also said they stopped taking donations for Cupcakes reward at 33K and excess money is being used to seed the reward fund.

Chief is noticeably moved and emotional as questioning starts. Stating how much this case has changed the city, brought it together. Head of crimestoppes says they’ve never had a case with more tips and more money. Will not identify the amount of tip being paid nor the tipster. They are accepting new donations for that fund which is said to be close to 35K. Head of Crimestoppers explaining the purpose and anonymity of tipsters. Talking about how easy it is to provide tips and pick up your money, no strings attached no 1099’s,

PC ends...

Katherine Page on Twitter
Pres. of Crime Stoppers: I don't remember any time where we've gotten more tips or more donations than we did with the #KamilleMckinney case.
10:13 AM - 25 Oct 2019

Crime Stoppers: Close to $35K will go to Kamille "Cupcake" Mckinney Memorial Reward Fund.
10:16 AM - 25 Oct 2019

Chief Patrick Smith: This 3-year-old has herculean power. She's unified a city. She's brought people together, some who didn't know each other and many who didn't know her. #RIPCupcake #KamilleMcKinney
10:18 AM - 25 Oct 2019

News Radio 105.5 WERC on Twitter
More from the presser: Crimestoppers Chairman Frank Barefield says a portion of the 35K reward has been awarded. Left over money will establish the "Kamille McKinney Memorial Fund" to assist law enforcement to find other missing children going forward.
10:18 AM - 25 Oct 2019

Wendell D. Edwards on Twitter (Video)
"This 3-year-old has Herculean power. She's unified a city. She's brought people together. Some who didn't know each other and many who didn't know her. She touched a chord in this city." Birmingham Police Chief Patrick Smith on Kamille McKinney's case. #liveon3340 #RIPKamille
10:21 AM - 25 Oct 2019

Sherrel Stewart on Twitter
Crime Stoppers say more than 400 tips came in during the search for #KamilleMcKinney & some tips helped locate her remains. They are setting up a memorial fund to assist in future cases of child abduction or disappearance. The organization received more than $35,000 in this case.
10:39 AM - 25 Oct 2019

Last edited:
From the article:

IWM5CMGM2ZHTZCY4B6DQ6NY7R4.PNG

Derick Brown mugshot taken over a decade ago (Source: Alabama Department of Corrections)

As a young woman, Derick Brown pled with a judge to help keep her from becoming a “failure,” according to a letter uncovered in court records.

[...]

In the letter written a decade ago, Brown described a violent and unstable childhood and a desperation to keep her family together.

Her criminal record in Alabama stretches back to 2009 when Brown was 18 years old. At the time, she was using the alias Quentesa Evon Jackson, according to court records. Jackson was charged with burglary and theft of property and eventually found guilty of theft.

[...]

Jackson was arrested in December 2010 by Birmingham Police and charged with two felonies, robbery and fraudulent use of a credit card.

In January, she wrote a letter to the judge over the case, apologizing for lying during a court hearing. In the letter, she wrote, “I was scared from all I heard about you being mean and all I wanted to be with my babies and fiancé and father of my kids.” The then 20-year-old described her concerns for piling bills and her inability to buy diapers and baby wipes. “[My fiancé] only makes $7.50 a hour part-time,” she wrote. “I don’t want to be the reason we loses [sic] our home and our kids.”

[...]

Jackson goes on to detail her childhood which she said included sexual abuse, treatment in mental-health facilities and years spent in foster care. “I made a promise to myself that I won’t become a drug addict, do drugs or drink or hang around people that do. I would not lose my kids to (DHR) like my mother did.”

[...]

While sentencing was pending in this case, Jackson’s probation from the 2009 theft charge was revoked and she was admitted to Tutwiler Prison for Women in March 2011. She served 6 months and 18 days.

[...]

There were no charges in Alabama against Brown, or her alias, again until 2018.

According to court records, DHR removed three of Brown’s children from her care in July 2018 after a family member reported “Brown placed one of the children in the washing machine for punishment.”

DHR gave a family member, who already had custody of one of Brown’s children, temporary custody of the three others, according to court records.

[...]

She was indicted on the kidnapping charges by a grand jury in March 2019 and was re-arrested on the charges.

[...]

That case is scheduled to go to trial in November, according to court records.

“Failure” doesn’t even begin to describe what this woman became.

OCT 25, 2019
Crime Stoppers announces 'Kamille Cupcake McKinney Memorial Reward Fund'
The Birmingham Police Department and Crime Stoppers of Alabama held a news conference this morning to announce that the remaining money from the Crime Stoppers reward in the Kamille McKinney case will be used to establish a fund in her name.

The reward was last reported to be over $35,000.

The fund will be called the "Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney Memorial Reward Fund." The fund will provide money for law enforcement agencies to assist in future child abductions and disappearances.

[...]

There were two parties in separate parking lots? I thought the moonwalk children’s party was the only one and ended before CC went missing?
LE stated that there were several events occurring that evening and there were many people there. (and they wanted to speak to these people and view any pictures or videos taken) The Birthday party is the only one we know of that involved children, as far as I know. I don't remember anything reported in regard to a moonwalk.
If you watch the live video from that evening, you can get a good idea of how many people were roaming around and how chaotic it was. I think it was CBS but I'm not sure. It looked like there were dozens of people there, but it was right after the abduction so I'm sure that attracted a large crowd of both residents and guests. Imo

“Failure” doesn’t even begin to describe what this woman became.

And I have read so many of these, sometimes true, sometimes just manipulation, or a mix. I truly believe that people, even those who had a tough start, had plenty of opportunities for change, and every single time, this gal had a chance to become a better person, she made a decision to go bad again.

She probably didn't even deserve all of the chances that she was given years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael C Vang