Found Deceased IL - Dan Gessner, 28, The Other Side bar, East Dubuque, 21 Oct 2019 *endangered, medical device*

If he was at The Lift in Dubuque and then walked east on Sinsinawa Ave towards East Dubuque, he would have had to cross the bridge over the river. Bad news.

His last text breaks my heart.
I don't want to look like a nut but....Sinsinawa was a common word that came up in the original Smiley Face cases discussed. Isn't funny how we all immediately think "oh no he will be found in the water."

I don't want to look like a nut but....Sinsinawa was a common word that came up in the original Smiley Face cases discussed. Isn't funny how we all immediately think "oh no he will be found in the water."
He was obviously intoxicated at 2:45 am walking near/over a major body of water. I think he's in the water because intoxicated men have a tendency to fall in the water. The smiley face killer theory is outlandish IMO and has been debunked multiple times.

Thanks for sharing that detail as to I am not familiar with the area or bodies of water...but seeing he was near water is very concerning.

Not just any body of water. Based on the bar's location and him walking East on Sinsinawa it takes him over a long bridge over the very unforgiving Mississippi River. At 2:45 am. I'm guessing that for LE a water-based search is the prime task over other options. :(

I knew I would look like a nut. I agree totally I was just saying something I remembered. Sinsinawa is a common street name in many places so there is that as well. I hope they find Dan safe. As far as the smiley face theory, I think random sick people sometimes copy the idea in there sick way. I guess it would be a copy cat murder of an idea if that makes any sense.

Not just any body of water. Based on the bar's location and him walking East on Sinsinawa it takes him over a long bridge over the very unforgiving Mississippi River. At 2:45 am. I'm guessing that for LE a water-based search is the prime task over other options. :(

The man leaving bar near water then going missing is a repetitive senario. Hope with all my heart he just went to be a friend's place and doesn't know everyone is looking for him
Happened to a friend years ago before social media. His Mom was out of this world P@##ed when he turned up. Took 20 years off her life she said. Prayers for your safety Dan , hope your family finds you well and soon

If he was at The Lift in Dubuque and then walked east on Sinsinawa Ave towards East Dubuque, he would have had to cross the bridge over the river. Bad news.

His last text breaks my heart.

The missing poster here says he was last seen at The Other Side Bar. Is The Lift bar another bar?

Police searching for Dubuque man who went missing early Monday morning
5db0ed809c0cd.image.jpg

The missing poster here says he was last seen at The Other Side Bar. Is The Lift bar another bar?

Police searching for Dubuque man who went missing early Monday morning
5db0ed809c0cd.image.jpg
Are there two threads for this person? The Lift was in the thread title as of last night so I assumed there was new info.

ETA: it was in this article as quoted by another poster but appears to have been updated to The Other Side bar since then.

ETA2: Helps to post the article: UPDATE: Search party to look for missing Dubuque man

Since the articles have been updated to reflect that he was at The Other Side bar, I'm reposting that it's just east of the river, separated by what looks to be a small greenway. The only good thing is that if he was headed east from The Other Side, that would be away from the river.

Are there two threads for this person? The Lift was in the thread title as of last night so I assumed there was new info.

ETA: it was in this article as quoted by another poster but appears to have been updated to The Other Side bar since then.

ETA2: Helps to post the article: UPDATE: Search party to look for missing Dubuque man

I made the change to the title. I googled The Lift bar in nothing came up in Dubuque but did find The Other Side Bar and The Other Side is also listed on his missing poster.

I made the change to the title. I googled The Lift bar in nothing came up in Dubuque but did find The Other Side Bar and The Other Side is also listed on his missing poster.
There is a Lift at 920 Main St. in Dubuque that would make sense with him being seen walking east towards East Dubuque on Sinsinawa. But now that it's not in the articles anymore, that seems to be a moot point. :)

On the map, there's only a small greenway between the bar and the river. Any locals around who can share how easy it would be to end up in the river?
possible. but not very likely. I knew Dan personally and intoxicated or not, I don't believe he would've just 'fallen in'.

I've been doing some digging and it looks like Matt Kruziki (another Smiley Face Killer case) was last seen on the same street, Sinsiniwa Ave, where Dan was supposed to have been heading. Sinsiniwa is also a very prevalent theme in the SFK crimes. Something to do with the crimes being done on Chippewa owned-ground? Not sure how much of that I buy... but the rest is giving me chills. I live in Dubuque, and used to frequent both of these bars...

possible. but not very likely. I knew Dan personally and intoxicated or not, I don't believe he would've just 'fallen in'.

I've been doing some digging and it looks like Matt Kruziki (another Smiley Face Killer case) was last seen on the same street, Sinsiniwa Ave, where Dan was supposed to have been heading. Sinsiniwa is also a very prevalent theme in the SFK crimes. Something to do with the crimes being done on Chippewa owned-ground? Not sure how much of that I buy... but the rest is giving me chills. I live in Dubuque, and used to frequent both of these bars...
Very intriguing and creepy, IMO the SFK crimes could very well be real and connected. Wonder why is it so hard for some to believe that males can be targeted by a serial killer? Maybe the smileys are coincidental but these water deaths/disappearances are not IMO MOOO

Don't these bridges have railings? Why are these young men all "Falling in"?
for this bridge specifically that spans the Mississippi river, the walkway looks to have a nice high railing. the other side of the bridge (cars only) does NOT have a railing so if you were walking on that side for some reason, it wouldn't be difficult to fall over the barrier. don't know why anyone would chose to walk in the car lane though, unless they were very drunk and confused.
upload_2019-10-28_19-4-58.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back