GUILTY VA - IH, 14, taken by mothers ex-bf, Bruce Lynch, 34, Bumpass, Louisa County, 21 Oct 2019

Has there ever been a first-person account from a girl who ran off with a much older man, published well after the fact? It would be interesting to hear from a victim, once they've had time to recover from their trauma, about how the grooming/"relationship" began, what exactly the older man was telling them to encourage them to run away, etc.

I think in a lot of these cases, the parents or mother turn a blind eye to the red flags (NOT saying in this case). Learning more about how such a "relationship" progresses might help others in a girl's life prevent this in the future, though.

I’m in Richmond. Just now got an amber alert on my phone. Why now???? Why did they wait so long to issue the amber alert?! Haven’t caught up on the thread yet but I can’t believe it’s taken so long for the amber alert

I just got an amber alert for this one. I hope they find her soon. It doesn't sound good but hopefully he won't harm her.

MOO.. They should have sent out early. Don't know if they were seen in area or state wide. Big race in Martinsville this week end. State Police will be on full alert, I'm sure.

Blue/silver 2003 Toyota Matrix
*NOT A PHOTO OF THE ACTUAL CAR, JUST ONE I FOUND ONLINE*
(is the color correct?)
2003_toyota_matrix_wagon_xr_fq_oem_2_500.jpg

MOO.. They should have sent out early. Don't know if they were seen in area or state wide. Big race in Martinsville this week end. State Police will be on full alert, I'm sure.

I've been wondering why they hadn't sent it out yet. It seems like they would have done it immediately. Maybe there's been a sighting.

The only thing I can figure was that holding off on the AA was somehow strategic?
Several of us commented that she's a minor so legally, it shouldn't matter if she went willingly (even if evidence pointed towards it being HER idea and she asked him to run off!)
Not sure why they think today would be more helpful or less risky with the adult pervert than any previous days. What's changed I wonder? What was the idea/goal behind holding off?

I’m in Richmond. Just now got an amber alert on my phone. Why now???? Why did they wait so long to issue the amber alert?! Haven’t caught up on the thread yet but I can’t believe it’s taken so long for the amber alert

It has been in my experience that delayed amber alerts go off if LE believes that the "Person of Intrest / Suspect or victim" is in the local area. LE believes that they are in your area. Keep your eyes open.

Believe they maybe camping in wooded area. That's a lot of Western part of state. It's frosted the past several nights.

Amber Alert issued for missing Louisa County girl in extreme danger

The Virginia Missing Children Clearinghouse, in partnership with Virginia State Police, has now issued an AMBER Alert in the ongoing missing persons case of 14-year-old Isabel Hicks.

According to central Virginia media outlets, Lynch is Isabel's mother's ex-boyfriend, who was allegedly kicked out of the home about a month ago.

Police believe he is armed and potentially dangerous and urge anyone who sees him or Hicks to immediately contact police and not approach them.

Hicks was last seen on October 21, 2019 at her Louisa County home around 1 a.m.

The FBI believes they're likely in a wooded area conducive to camping, but has not provided more specific locations than that.

It has been in my experience that delayed amber alerts go off if LE believes that the "Person of Intrest / Suspect or victim" is in the local area. LE believes that they are in your area. Keep your eyes open.

I will. I'm posting the FBI post onto my FB groups. Lots of folks near BRP and AT. They all know the area well. They gotta be heading south or south west, its just to cold and a fire is a dead give away. We are just now starting to lift the no burning bans.

Jmo

Mods, this is one of my first posts so please edit or delete as necessary. (I’ve read the posting guidelines and Think these comments are within them.) 1) Does anyone else find the family picture posted on Facebook to be “interesting” re: body language? 2) I lived twenty years in the south. I’m not sure how one determines a subject of an investigation to be “armed and dangerous” but I’d beVery interested in hearing about it from someone more knowledgeable than myself. I.e. Is being a licensed or unlicensed firearm owner with what anyone in particular views as erratic behavior (such as being a crime suspect) “enough”?

Lynch is Hicks' mother’s ex-boyfriend, who had been living in the family’s home until when he was kicked out about a month ago, according to Crime Insider sources.

Additionally, those sources do not believe Hicks was taken against her will.

Brother’s message for missing Louisa teen believed to be with 34-year-old man
Was he “kicked out” over the same subject as has been raised above ie having a sexual relationship of some kind with the minor missing. Then a month later (time enough for a pregnancy test) she runs away to\with him? Pure supposition, of course. But, not completely unfounded, imo.

Was he “kicked out” over the same subject as has been raised above ie having a sexual relationship of some kind with the minor missing. Then a month later (time enough for a pregnancy test) she runs away to\with him? Pure supposition, of course. But, not completely unfounded, imo.
Welcome to WS! And I have been wondering the same thing about their breakup. MOO

Mods, this is one of my first posts so please edit or delete as necessary. (I’ve read the posting guidelines and Think these comments are within them.) 1) Does anyone else find the family picture posted on Facebook to be “interesting” re: body language? 2) I lived twenty years in the south. I’m not sure how one determines a subject of an investigation to be “armed and dangerous” but I’d beVery interested in hearing about it from someone more knowledgeable than myself. I.e. Is being a licensed or unlicensed firearm owner with what anyone in particular views as erratic behavior (such as being a crime suspect) “enough”?
As you probably know a lot of people in the south hunt. When the missing person alert went out saying BL was likely armed and may be dangerous my thought was he had a rifle. Maybe to hunt their food? Mom also made a plea to hunters in the area to be on the lookout. Wonder if someone heard gunfire or came across a camp site?moo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back