Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, July 1999 #2 - Peggy Lynn Johnson *Guilty*

yes I been to every place I can think of to talk about this and to show with what I'm seeing also looked at other missing girls and did compare some of them and none of them but Joanne's shows to look any thing like are jane doe . and well about the same time they found jane doe I had meet this girl who was I say was about my age (at that time I was 27) and well the girl I had met out at the Racine co. fair grounds could not have been no more then 5 years younger or older then me. and well I talk to her because she had this tee shirt that was really cool and I had asked her where she got it at she told me she got it at Burlington . and well you know theres a store called Burlington coat factory I said to her thats a nice store where you got that tee at she then go's to me no I got it in Burlington I then wen to her and said oh thats just down the road here and its a nice little town and she go's no I got it in Burlington Canada I was like ok but still its a really nice shirt. the show /carnival she was on had just came from Minot, nd. and well the test thay did run on jane doe said that she may have lived in or been to places or parts of Canada ,Alaska, Montana, well I also looked at photos in all them places as well none of the missing photos of other ppl looked any thing like are jane doe but the 1 photo and drawing of Joanne Pedersen did so thats who I really think it could be. I just really hope they will look in to it and do some testing or what they got to do to well bring her home to her family.

Wait. So you also think you met Joanne when you were 27-ish?? Am I understanding you correctly? Or you think it's possible she was being moved around with a carnival crew?

You have submitted this to both the Canadian authorities and those in Wisconsin? How frustrating.

yes I think I did met her when I was 27 . Joanne would have been the same age as me and if the girl I met was Joanne she was with a carnival and yes she may have been with them tell well she died/ was killed and I have sent namus a e-mail as well as the Racine co sheriffs' office on the fb page they have I also have said some thing about this years a go but dont know if they ever done any thing about it or not. and I also know well what its like to be out there since I well use to work with carnival and had been a round it for minny years. and well most dont give any one no problems at all but I do know that if you say or do the worng thing out there you can end up becoming a missing person the carnival is like a little a town on the go al the time its a world of its own. and no I have not got in contack with any one in Canada about this but they do know about it here in Racine

I've read all the details about this case. The way she was tortured and killed...my gosh...she really did suffer so much...
I would be so happy to know the beast who did that to her and see him die in the worst possible way...the worst ever...
Needless to say I hope LE can find her name and her killer as soon as possible...maybe new DNA tests could be helpful.

I've read all the details about this case. The way she was tortured and killed...my gosh...she really did suffer so much...
I would be so happy to know the beast who did that to her and see him die in the worst possible way...the worst ever...
Needless to say I hope LE can find her name and her killer as soon as possible...maybe new DNA test could be helpful.
I agree a new dna test would be helpful in this case. Has anyone submitted her to Dna doe project?

Canada's Missing | Case details Has anyone looked into Ruby Ann Hardy, from Vancouver?. Age fits. Hair style: wavy, shoulder length, brown, fits. Place of Isotops fits. Brother said she was involved in high risk lifestyle, which could possibly explain the shape of her teeth. He did not report her missing until 2002 but she was last seen in Vancouver in 1997.

jane doe is younger then what ruby would be. i say she (jane doe had to been about 27 no older than that) and i think jane doe was about 5' 6" ruby was said to be 5'3"

Canada's Missing | Case details Has anyone looked into Ruby Ann Hardy, from Vancouver?. Age fits. Hair style: wavy, shoulder length, brown, fits. Place of Isotops fits. Brother said she was involved in high risk lifestyle, which could possibly explain the shape of her teeth. He did not report her missing until 2002 but she was last seen in Vancouver in 1997.

Glad you suggested this.

Last edited:
she has been submitted for consideration. i have know clue how long or anything else, but this at least shows she is on their radar.

ETA link: Submitted for Consideration - DNA Doe Project Cases

Thank you for the info. She is on the suggestion list, which means, if my interpretation is right, that she is suggested by the public to look into her case. It's up to LE to really get the ball roling.

My fear is, she was a frequent runaway or prostitute so never reported missing :(
I believe someone can be identified through catching the killer first. This was so brutal and cold hearted, I think he probably did something like this before...and after! Anyone come to mind that was convicted of such torture...or UID women found in the same fashion?

Woah, media briefing tomorrow.
From the Jane Doe Racine Count FB page:

"Sheriff Christopher Schmaling will hold a Media Briefing regarding the 1999 Homicide of a young (until now unidentified) woman who’s brutally abused body was found in a corn field in the Town of Raymond.
The young woman’s identification will be released, as will the name of the individual in custody for her death.
The Media Briefing will take place on Friday, November 8, 2019 at 11:00 am at the Racine County Sheriff’s Office Patrol Station 14116 Washington Avenue (Hwy 20 just west of I94).
We will NOT entertain questions or other inquiries on the matter in advance of the briefing!
Both the victim and the individual in custody have substantial ties to a northwestern Chicago suburb.
Relevant materials will be distributed to media outlets at the conclusion of the briefing."

Jane Doe Racine County, Wisconsin

"Sheriff Christopher Schmaling will hold a Media Briefing regarding the 1999 Homicide of a young (until now unidentified) woman who’s brutally abused body was found in a corn field in the Town of Raymond.
The young woman’s identification will be released, as will the name of the individual in custody for her death.
The Media Briefing will take place on Friday, November 8, 2019 at 11:00 am at the Racine County Sheriff’s Office Patrol Station 14116 Washington Avenue (Hwy 20 just west of I94).
We will NOT entertain questions or other inquiries on the matter in advance of the briefing!
Both the victim and the individual in custody have substantial ties to a northwestern Chicago suburb.
Relevant materials will be distributed to media outlets at the conclusion of the briefing."

I really hope this leads to something.

I just saw this on FB also. I am so glad she will be getting her name back and they have someone in custody for her death. I am wondering if she was ever reported missing.

Holy....that is sad but wonderful news. Yes! My earlier wish came true but in a non suspected way.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288