GUILTY VA - IH, 14, taken by mothers ex-bf, Bruce Lynch, 34, Bumpass, Louisa County, 21 Oct 2019

He has cross tattoos on both upper arms as well as a "Bruce" tattooed on the top of his back, according to officials.

"Suspect believed to be armed and dangerous in possession of a 9MM handgun," state police said. "Suspect had recent suicidal ideations."

[...]

Officials said they may have traveled out of state and are staying in areas where they could camp.
Amber Alert issued for missing Louisa teen; police now seek abduction warrant for man with ‘suicidal ideations’

Oh no! He’s the one suicidal!

The alert says Lynch may have switched license plates to UXW-3614 or 249-9UT.

[...]

An Amber Alert is broadcast across the country in hopes that citizens as well as police will be able to locate missing children. To issue an alert, a law enforcement agency must believe the child is in imminent danger of serious bodily harm or death and have investigated enough to eliminate alternative reasons the child could be missing.

[...]

Lowe said Friday night that a warrant for felony abduction has been obtained for Lowe.

Family of missing Louisa teen pleads for her to contact them

ETA: I think that’s a source typo and warrant is for Lynch and not Lowe.

Last edited:
Why it took more than 4 days to issue an Amber Alert for a missing Virginia teenage girl

On Wednesday at about 5:30 p.m., the FBI announced it was joining the search for Isabel, who at that time, was described as an endangered missing juvenile.

At that time, authorities believed the man she is with, Bruce Lynch, was armed and potentially dangerous.

Virginia State Police say they've been in contact with the Louisa County Sheriff's Office since Isabel went missing but says that all mandatory criteria for an Amber Alert were not met until Friday.

When I reached out to the Sheriff's Office, I learned that the Sheriff's Office was finally able to obtain an abduction warrant on Lynch, which allowed the green light for the Amber Alert.

The Sheriff's Office didn't explain why there was a holdup in obtaining this warrant.

[...]

He has cross tattoos on both upper arms as well as a "Bruce" tattooed on the top of his back, according to officials.

"Suspect believed to be armed and dangerous in possession of a 9MM handgun," state police said. "Suspect had recent suicidal ideations."

[...]

Officials said they may have traveled out of state and are staying in areas where they could camp.
Amber Alert issued for missing Louisa teen; police now seek abduction warrant for man with ‘suicidal ideations’

Oh no! He’s the one suicidal!

Oh great, now we're looking at a possible murder/suicide situation. Let's hope they're found before anything happens. And if he has crossed state lines he'll be in a boatload of trouble with the feds.

Why it took more than 4 days to issue an Amber Alert for a missing Virginia teenage girl

On Wednesday at about 5:30 p.m., the FBI announced it was joining the search for Isabel, who at that time, was described as an endangered missing juvenile.

At that time, authorities believed the man she is with, Bruce Lynch, was armed and potentially dangerous.

Virginia State Police say they've been in contact with the Louisa County Sheriff's Office since Isabel went missing but says that all mandatory criteria for an Amber Alert were not met until Friday.

When I reached out to the Sheriff's Office, I learned that the Sheriff's Office was finally able to obtain an abduction warrant on Lynch, which allowed the green light for the Amber Alert.

The Sheriff's Office didn't explain why there was a holdup in obtaining this warrant.

[...]

Here's the criteria for an AA in Virginia:

Criteria for Activation of the Plan
  1. The abducted child must be 17 years of age or younger or is currently enrolled in a secondary school in the Commonwealth, regardless of age, and the law enforcement agency believes the child has been abducted (unwillingly taken from their environment without permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian).

2. The law enforcement agency believes the missing child is in imminent danger of serious bodily harm or death.

3. A law enforcement investigation has taken place that verified the abduction or eliminated alternative explanations.

4. Sufficient information is available to disseminate to the public that could assist in locating the child, suspect, and/or the suspect’s vehicle.

5. The Child must be entered into the Virginia Criminal Information Network (VCIN) and the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) missing person files as soon as practical.
If all of the aforementioned criteria are not met, the Virginia AMBER Alert Plan will not be activated.
Virginia AMBER Alert -- Activation Criteria

So what wasn't met earlier as Isabel's been gone since October 21 - 4 days? I actually would like the Sheriff's office to share what the holdup was...

Bruce has his own name tattooed on his upper back? Interesting.

I know it was mentioned that he hunts, but is he very outdoorsy beyond that? Would they be more likely to be staying deep in the woods in the middle of nowhere somewhere or would they be staying at actual campsites with facilities for bathrooms/showers + laundry facilities etc trying to pass as father and daughter?

Bruce has his own name tattooed on his upper back? Interesting.

I know it was mentioned that he hunts, but is he very outdoorsy beyond that? Would they be more likely to be staying deep in the woods in the middle of nowhere somewhere or would they be staying at actual campsites with facilities for bathrooms/showers + laundry facilities etc trying to pass as father and daughter?
According to his FB page he is a JR. So maybe tattoo is in memory of or tribute to his father?
If they are staying at a private campsite hopefully they will be identified soon now that an amber alert finally went out. Moo

I wish we knew the details of Bruce being kicked out a month ago. Perhaps it's a private, unrelated matter, but considering what is going on now, it's hard to think it's not related in some way at least.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh great, now we're looking at a possible murder/suicide situation. Let's hope they're found before anything happens. And if he has crossed state lines he'll be in a boatload of trouble with the feds.

1. The abducted child must be 17 years of age or younger or is currently enrolled in a secondary school in the Commonwealth, regardless of age, and the law enforcement agency believes the child has been abducted (unwillingly taken from their environment without permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian).

2. The law enforcement agency believes the missing child is in imminent danger of serious bodily harm or death.

3. A law enforcement investigation has taken place that verified the abduction or eliminated alternative explanations.

4. Sufficient information is available to disseminate to the public that could assist in locating the child, suspect, and/or the suspect’s vehicle.

5. The Child must be entered into the Virginia Criminal Information Network (VCIN) and the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) missing person files as soon as practical.
If all of the aforementioned criteria are not met, the Virginia AMBER Alert Plan will not be activated.

So what wasn't met earlier as Isabel's been gone since October 21 - 4 days? I actually would like the Sheriff's office to share what the holdup was...

Having spent ALOT of time in Bumpass, Louisa County, Lake Anna area, Louisa sheriffs dept are definitely not the most well trained and definitely do not have the resources for a dangerous missing persons case, this is an incredibly small town with a tiny sheriffs dept, Louisa County sheriffs dept dropped the ball, they should have sent out an Amber Alert immediately and they should have called in VSP and FBI a lot sooner then they did, they are much better equipped to handle this situation, MOO

Having spent ALOT of time in Bumpass, Louisa County, Lake Anna area, Louisa sheriffs dept are definitely not the most well trained and definitely do not have the resources for a dangerous missing persons case, this is an incredibly small town with a tiny sheriffs dept, Louisa County sheriffs dept dropped the ball, they should have sent out an Amber Alert immediately and they should have called in VSP and FBI a lot sooner then they did, they are much better equipped to handle this situation, MOO
Chief Deputy Maj. Donald Lowe said during a news conference Thursday that investigators alerted the FBI about the case Monday.

"Very early on, we realized this was more than what it actually looked to be," Lowe said.

Brother’s message for missing Louisa teen believed to be with 34-year-old man

Except according to the presser FBI has been involved since day 1. Think that’s why we were all surprised more did not come from that presser.
Something had to have happened yesterday to turn the investigation. Were they spotted? Was their camp site spotted? Did he steal someone’s tags? Did she reach out to her brother?

I live in Bumpass. I do not know the girl or her family, but I do know the parents of children who go to school with her.

This area is extremely rural. There are lots of land owners/farms/etc. This Bruce guy looks like your average country guy from the area. Probably hunts and fishes for recreation. I heard that he lost a sister in a vehicle accident years ago.

Someone wondered if they’d be camping in the woods or at an actual campsite, and if I had to guess I’m 99.9% sure it would be the former. There have been pleas on our local Facebook groups for people to walk their land. I haven’t seen any other sort of organized search, which leads me to believe that everyone is in agreement that they left the area.

Naturally, there are lots of rumors about things police have found and the nature of their relationship. All of it is third or fourth hand information and should be taken with a grain of salt.

That does happen. But, mom kicking him out makes me believe that it was the other way around. When the parents put the blame on the child, the partner gets to stay and the child is often sent away to live with other relatives. If he was indeed kicked out of the home because he was developing an inappropriate relationship with Isabel, or abusing her in any way, then it doesn't really look like mom was blaming her daughter.
I have no doubt in my mind what's going on here. It just reminds us over and over and over again.... be dang careful who you let around your children.

I do *not* agree with what was posted upthread where LE is asking land owners to search their land for signs of these two. If he is armed and dangerous, this could result in some innocent Citizens getting mortally wounded. YES, *report* anything that looks suspicious, but *do not approach*.

The thoughts of the 14 year old are of no interest to me at the moment. She may have gone willingly depending on what this man filled her head with. Doesn't matter - she's a child, and a Victim.

Praying this child makes it out alive and that no Citizens are harmed in the process.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back