KY KY - Andrea Knabel, 36, mother of two, Audubon Park, Louisville, 13 Aug 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know TL tried to question the boyfriend and he refused. I wish he would expound on that- he stated that the police questioned him for 4 hours. What's that about?
I’m guessing he didn’t want to talk to the PI since he had already given his statement to the police. The Lyft driver didn’t want to talk either.

Perhaps that was closest place?

Audubon hospital is within walking distance. It’s like right across the street from mcd’s. However, it’s also a lot busier. If she were going in for an infection or sore on her face, she would’ve sat in that ER all night probably. There are two other hospitals right next to kentuckyOne as well- and she most likely would’ve also had really long wait times at both. Since it was something kind of minor, and she probably didn’t want to be there all night, going to kentuckyOne prob makes the most sense. I thought it was weird at first since she was so close to Audubon but I didn’t take into account how long of a wait that would be.

Audubon hospital is within walking distance. It’s like right across the street from mcd’s. However, it’s also a lot busier. If she were going in for an infection or sore on her face, she would’ve sat in that ER all night probably. There are two other hospitals right next to kentuckyOne as well- and she most likely would’ve also had really long wait times at both. Since it was something kind of minor, and she probably didn’t want to be there all night, going to kentuckyOne prob makes the most sense. I thought it was weird at first since she was so close to Audubon but I didn’t take into account how long of a wait that would be.
It was 10pm on a Tuesday night? It must have been getting bad for a skin infection that she didn’t want to wait to see someone the next morning. But then going to McDonalds with a nephew (Erin’s ?) at 9:30om is late for a little one.

I couldn’t find a permit online for the renovation.

I don’t think they would’ve needed a permit for the renovation, would they? I know when my dad has done renovations in the past, he didn’t need one. However, he needed a permit when he had their garage built and another one when he did the electrical work.

I don’t think the type of renovations they were doing would’ve required one.

It was 10pm on a Tuesday night? It must have been getting bad for a skin infection that she didn’t want to wait to see someone the next morning. But then going to McDonalds with a nephew (Erin’s ?) at 9:30om is late for a little one.

I’m with you- I think the hospital visit is weird too. I’d rather wait and just see a regular dr

I don’t think they would’ve needed a permit for the renovation, would they? I know when my dad has done renovations in the past, he didn’t need one. However, he needed a permit when he had their garage built and another one when he did the electrical work.

I don’t think the type of renovations they were doing would’ve required one.
Minor renovation or simple upfit such as painting/wall covering/countertop and some cabinet work do not require a permit.
Most of that type work can be done in a short amount of time if that’s the sole project of the contractor.

Any large renovation like a kitchen - a permit would be needed. Just did a window replacement on a house and it required a permit.

Anything to do with Electrical/gas/mechanical/plumbing definitely requires a permit.

There was a permit pulled for HVAC several years ago for the Chickadee address. $2000 HVAC unit - so that required a permit.

Minor renovation or simple upfit such as painting/wall covering/countertop and some cabinet work do not require a permit.
Most of that type work can be done in a short amount of time if that’s the sole project of the contractor.

Any large renovation like a kitchen - a permit would be needed. Just did a window replacement on a house and it required a permit.

Anything to do with Electrical/gas/mechanical/plumbing definitely requires a permit.

There was a permit pulled for HVAC several years ago for the Chickadee address. $2000 HVAC unit - so that required a permit.

Yeh I know electrical work, plumbing and hvac requires permits. I read a quick summary on Louisville.gov’s page and it mentioned needing permits to replace window’s if they were altering the actual size. It sounds like they were basically giving the house a facelift. I see a lot of bathroom renovations on his work page, mostly tiling, painting, trim- that kind of stuff.

I’m with you- I think the hospital visit is weird too. I’d rather wait and just see a regular dr

Did she have insurance after losing her job? Might explain hospital vs doctor's office. A GP may not take payments from someone uninsured. Hospitals take everyone whether than can pay or not. I'm still not sure I'd want to go that late at night though. You'd think Andrea would know from living with Sarah and Ethan about what time they would normally be in bed or that they normally lock the doors. Maybe she thought she's be in and out before they went to bed.

Okay, so for the past couple of days I’ve been going through screen shots to try and find the first mention of Andrea being turned away from Erin’s house. I think some of it is getting confusing on SM bc people are posting SS's out of order, out of context or just generally misinterpreting something that someone else has said. Like other people, I thought it was said that Erin had basically turned Andrea away from her door. So, the earliest SS I could find was posted on, or around, 9/26 on the FA page. Erin posted from her account:

"We didn't have a fight. I would never physically fight any family member. She went to the doctor earlier that day over skin issues and they gave her medicine. She was upset over arguing with my other sister that night and getting kind of loud. I said I'm sorry I cant have this happening at my house, my kids are inside asleep and my neighbors won't like loud stuff happening. I expected her to walk back home and we would talk in the next day or two. Family argues sometimes. That doesn't mean we love each other any less. She was possible calling her friends to come pick her up to hang out with her. Of course I wish I'd have know i wouldn't see her again for a long time. It would have changed my actions. I hate myself every day for not telling her to come in."

Last night, Andrea did say she came over and they were inside her house for a little while. It sounds like they went outside at some point, because she mentions wishing she had let her in. I think that particular statement she made, has kind of morphed into the one about her being turned away at Erin's after arguing with her. When I ignore all of the stuff with MIA, and all of the stuff that's being repeated on SM and in some of the FA comments- Erin's statement has been pretty consistent. I know there was some misinformation and confusion in the beginning, but that was cleared up fairly quick and those kind of issues are pretty standard when people are trying to work out a timeline. It sounds like a watered down version of what most likely transpired, because we know she was over at Erin's for a little over an hour and a half.

I also went back over the most recent time line and she did take the lyft back to her moms after the hospital. It dropped her off around 1134p. I have a feeling she was locked out when it dropped her off because she got to Erin's at 12a (according to the timeline). It takes, roughly, 25-30 minutes to walk from her moms house to Erin's. Erin’s statement about calling Sarah and Ethan to let Andrea in also kind of supports that. It sounds like she got dropped off, couldn't get inside, so she walked over to Erin's. It doesn’t even really look like she tried real hard to get in the house after being dropped off.

I'd gone back and read through from the beginning while also delving into the FB group. I think you're right that Erin's statements have been fairly consistent. There was a statement by Erin about an argument and another about Andrea being sad when she left, but rereading it, it doesn't really imply there was an argument between Andrea and Erin like I thought I remembered. It's just not overly clear and there's also been another 2 months of me reading various sources of information and speculation that likely muddied those thoughts even more.

I do think that's a lot of the problem with this case. There's a lot of questions and not a lot of clarity. It feels like certain family members are being a bit sketchy (4 hour chat with LE, not helping with searches, not wanting to talk to PI) and others are trying to avoid being overly specific about exactly what went down. I'm also concerned they might be omitting details that would likely be important, but come with a huge risk of losing public involvement and possibly LE backing off. The big two being drug use and suicide risk. Obviously, they don't have to share those details (if relevant) and I don't fault them for wanting to keep those private, but it might change where people should be looking and possibly what they should be looking for.

This is one of those cases where I couldn't tell you if I thought this was foul play, self-harm, or voluntarily missing. With the added possibility of voluntarily missing initially and ran into harm later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708