The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: off topic>

I praise Meghan and Harry for what they are doing. It gives hope to me that the world will become a better place.

Some people are born to wealth. They can fritter it away or they can use it to advance humanity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh-oh

Buckingham Palace is not pleased.

Maybe time for H&M to dial it back and stifle their PR people.

Buckingham Palace hits back at anonymous adviser to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle | Daily Mail Online

In the film, the Duke conceded that the couple might leave the UK in the future. The couple are already planning to take six weeks off from Royal duties for some ‘much-needed family time’ but The Mail on Sunday has learned it may be the precursor to a much longer absence from Britain.

It is understood plans for the couple to spend up to six months abroad are being actively considered, with the United States the most likely destination.

I'll be dang!!!! They will cost the US a fortune, in security!!! You know we have to provide.

This will be a PR fiasco. If he thinks the paparazzi is bad now, just wait. Many states do not have laws protecting photos of children. He has much more control in the UK.

MOO...

It is understood plans for the couple to spend up to six months abroad are being actively considered, with the United States the most likely destination.

This will be a PR fiasco. If he thinks the paparazzi is bad now, just wait. Many states do not have laws protecting photos of children. He has much more control in the UK.

Ermmm. I just don't see this working well.

I don't see what is wrong with just living a quiet life in the UK to heal and regroup.

I just don't see Markle staying out of the shallow, celebrity lifestyle that's full of users and abusers. Maybe it will work for her issues, but I'm dubious this is a good thing for Harry or Archie

Uh-oh

Buckingham Palace hits back at anonymous adviser to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle | Daily Mail Online

It’s kind of ironic that the senior aide hits out at those who make statements while remaining ”unnamed and unidentifiable” when that’s true of the aide/insider also. It really makes me wonder if any of these types of statements are real or authorized by the palace or H and M.

But if the aide is speaking with authority, I’m gratified that these issues will be discussed “behind closed doors.”

Quoting the Palace senior aid:

But last night a senior Buckingham Palace aide warned of the dangers of expressing such sentiments publicly.

The insider told The Mail on Sunday: ‘There’s enough experience here – despite what was said – to know that people who jump in with comments from the sanctity of being unnamed and unidentifiable might think they are helping. But the family is clear that if there are issues to be discussed they will be discussed behind closed doors.’

Last edited:
In the film, the Duke conceded that the couple might leave the UK in the future. The couple are already planning to take six weeks off from Royal duties for some ‘much-needed family time’ but The Mail on Sunday has learned it may be the precursor to a much longer absence from Britain.

I'll be dang!!!! They will cost the US a fortune, in security!!! You know we have to provide.

MOO...

I think the Mail needs to quote its sources. “It’s understood” isn’t anything but rumor. I’ll believe it when it’s announced by the Duke and Duchess or the Palace.

I think thats only if its an official visit. You would hope given their wealth either they or Prince Charles would pay security costs of an extended stay abroad but I imagine it'll be the British tax payers again

Uh-oh

The Daily Mail online has turned up the dial with the Duchess of Sussex bashing tonight between this and the story of her being a social climbing fraud desperate to marry a rich English man (which I decline to post here). I hope the situation improves for the couple and the press calm down.

The night Meghan Markle begged me to get her IN the tabloids: The Duchess of Sussex spoke movingly about the pressures of the media spotlight, but as KATIE HIND reveals, she wasn't always so reticent

The night Meghan Markle begged me to get her in the tabloids KATIE HIND reveals | Daily Mail Online

Unfortunately, this kind of stuff is going to follow Meghan around, and flies a little in the face of her teary eyed documentary performance.

I know Harry’s trauma is real because we all witnessed it. I think he was terribly ill advised in the documentary.

Meghan came off as inauthentic for thinking the press would be fair, or that she had no idea about the tabloids.

I don’t view Meghan as a rich person doing wonderful things in the world. Marrying into the royal family and doing good things is their job.

And, so many people of small resources do great altruistic work for all kinds of causes.

I am a little hard on the woke aspect of this younger generation but that’s because there’s a fine line between wokeness and self indulgence. This is just my jmo.

To me, give Bill Gates the tiara for being incredibly wealthy and giving it away through his foundation that does great work in the world.

Give Prince Charles one too for the environmentalist he is and the business aspect he brings to the monarchy that will sustain it for many future generations.

Give a couple to Bono and Bob Geldorf.

My point is our great change makers don’t really seek the tiaras but the passion of a good cause, or what is right and the great work tells the story.

Nelson Mandela suffered for and changed an entire country.

My problem with H&M has to do more with feeling they are not that genuine. Having a hissy in a documentary comes off as disingenuous and manipulative. Biting off the hand that feeds you usually doesn’t end well. But they are indulged and I detect many Brits see it for what it is. And perhaps feel a little dissed — they laid out quite the welcome on H&M’s wedding day.

For all that Harry should be happy for he looks miserable. It’s sad to see it.

Meghan’s family is coming out of the woodwork again, and until she deals with it in a way that looks to the future, this stuff is going to follow them around. Especially if they are thinking of moving to the states.

I just don’t think Harry will be able to deal with it.

It’s kind of ironic that the senior aide hits out at those who make statements while remaining ”unnamed and unidentifiable” when that’s true of the aide/insider also. It really makes me wonder if any of these types of statements are real or authorized by the palace or H and M.

But if the aide is speaking with authority, I’m gratified that these issues will be discussed “behind closed doors.”

Quoting the Palace senior aid:

But last night a senior Buckingham Palace aide warned of the dangers of expressing such sentiments publicly.

The insider told The Mail on Sunday: ‘There’s enough experience here – despite what was said – to know that people who jump in with comments from the sanctity of being unnamed and unidentifiable might think they are helping. But the family is clear that if there are issues to be discussed they will be discussed behind closed doors.’

I agree. Its all speculation.

The night Meghan Markle begged me to get her IN the tabloids: The Duchess of Sussex spoke movingly about the pressures of the media spotlight, but as KATIE HIND reveals, she wasn't always so reticent

The night Meghan Markle begged me to get her in the tabloids KATIE HIND reveals | Daily Mail Online

Unfortunately, this kind of stuff is going to follow Meghan around, and flies a little in the face of her teary eyed documentary performance.

I know Harry’s trauma is real because we all witnessed it. I think he was terribly ill advised in the documentary.

Meghan came off as inauthentic for thinking the press would be fair, or that she had no idea about the tabloids.

I don’t view Meghan as a rich person doing wonderful things in the world. Marrying into the royal family and doing good things is their job.

And, so many people of small resources do great altruistic work for all kinds of causes.

I am a little hard on the woke aspect of this younger generation but that’s because there’s a fine line between wokeness and self indulgence. This is just my jmo.

To me, give Bill Gates the tiara for being incredibly wealthy and giving it away through his foundation that does great work in the world.

Give Prince Charles one too for the environmentalist he is and the business aspect he brings to the monarchy that will sustain it for many future generations.

My point is our great change makers don’t really seek the tiaras but the passion of a good cause, or what is right and the great work tells the story.

My problem with H&M has to do more with feeling they are not that genuine. Having a hissy in a documentary comes off as disingenuous and manipulative. Biting off the hand that feeds you usually doesn’t end well. But they are indulged and I detect many Brits see it for what it is. And perhaps feel a little dissed — they laid out quite the welcome on H&M’s wedding day.

Meghan’s family is coming out of the woodwork again, and until she deals with it in a way that looks to the future, this stuff is going to follow them around. Especially if they are thinking of moving to the states.

Yikes! This seems credible and is very unflattering. She brought this all on herself.

I think it is more important what happens in the future with the Duchess of Sussex than how she may have conducted herself in the past. I do not want the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to divorce and Archie to grow up in a broken home.

I’m getting fed up with the Duchess of Sussex bashing in the media it’s like they are out to destroy her. They can be critical when it is warranted but it is becoming relentless. There is enough negativity in the world right now.

Meghan Markle and Harry to meet Will and Kate in flesh for first time since 'rift'

The two royal couples will come together as a family on Remembrance Sunday in two weeks' time on November 10th.

Meghan and Harry to meet Will and Kate in flesh for first time since 'rift'

6630B064-39F2-4620-B4B5-52B571D8A9F1.jpeg

I hope the relationship between the two couples improves and strengthens. If the Duke and Duchess of Sussex took the Cambridge’s lead in how to conduct public life they would rarely put a foot wrong.

Credible? The Daily Mail? Oh, please.

Same with the idea that a 'senior palace aide' would ever tell the Mail on Sunday anything. Ridiculous. Totally made up, IMO.

The palace staff are very poorly paid I have no doubt there are some leaks from staff wanting extra ££. Some information will be utter tripe but some of it will have some truth to it.

If it's not added onto the lawsuit, we'll know it's true.

I agree. Lawsuit covers the publishing of Meghan’s letter to her father, imo.

For all the exposure Meghan is receiving, she has courted it, she has guest edited Vogue, bared how she feels in the documentary, and will be profiled in Tattler. And that’s just in the last few months.

Like anyone who courts this kind of publicity there will be a response. And there will be blowback. That’s the game of PR.

Maybe Harry has had a much quieter profile before he married. And, all this new media focus is re-traumatizing for him. But if he puts two and two together? Maybe breaking out on their own, outside the umbrella of Buckingham Palace has only invited the tabloids to the table.

I have no doubt there are leaks. The modernizing of the monarchy is not a new concept either. But I think where the controversy and resentment comes in is it’s unacceptable when it comes from another country, like the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123