Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Roxanne Sims been ruled out? Her one photo reminds me of EDJD:

Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
OR - OR - Roxanne Sims, 18, Portland, 31 Dec 1977

She's on the short side (5'6") and may be too old (she would have been 32 in 1991). If anyone one thinks it's a possible match please feel free to send it in. I'm only suggesting here. Thanks.

ETA: Oops, I just found the rule-out list posted a few pages back and Roxanne is on it. Oh, well. I hope a new DNA hit comes up soon to solve this case!

Last edited:
I've been thinking about his for a couple of days now, after watching some of the youtube videos on this case. EDJD had a few momentos she held onto: a Bible and several menus from Virginia Beach area restaurants. the Bible is not a huge stretch normally, but belonged to another family—I've heard various stories that either the people were not willing to talk, or that they had talked and didn't know her, or that they did know her but they didn't want to talk about her. So let's scratch the Bible off our list for now.
What about the menus? About 6 months ago a dear friend of mine died and I went through a box of momentos I kept since I was a teen. Lots of movie tickets and such, but they all meant something special to me—I did have a couple of old menus, from first dates with special guys at the time, or a menu I stole from a restaurant because I had a crush on the busboy and it never went anywhere (and I've since forgotten his name, but still a menu lol).
Could this menus have been where maybe one of her parents worked, or if she had a single mom, maybe she visited her dad at some point and took a menu, or did like I did, sneak in and swipe one just to have it because of the connection to a boy I liked (granted I was like 16 and 16-year old girls do silly dumb things like that).
Do we know anything about how the menus were found? Were they loose or in the Bible? Was it really her Bible or could it have been the murdering boyfriend's (the family it was traced to is black...just as he is). Can we figure out a date of the menus by figuring out what the prices were. Surely the owners might recognize dates when certain dishes were certain prices. The menus seemed in good condition, not frayed or anything. Are there more pix, or do we only have the 3 or 4 that are out there?

Baby Girl .. I have it too combine that with ADHD ...
68fba7f1_cheerleader3.gif
... but will both be fine have to focus on one subject matter at a time.

Actually dabbled with that name sequence did find one in FL either she was too old or young or maybe older and deceased cannot recall.

Believe someone here in the past few weeks looked into that name as well.

To be honest bit would not surprise me her true identity either first, middle or last name could be within one of the names or something close to it.

You should check out a girl named Kim legget,missing/ possibly kidnapped from Mercedes,Texas. Edjd's nickname was Mercedes. Edjd was said by her killer to have been taken when she was about 16. Kim was supposedly kidnapped and ransom was requested but was never seen again. To me the nickname Mercedes is possibly because that's the hometown if it was Kim. Plus it sounds expensive if your a stripper

You should check out a girl named Kim legget,missing/ possibly kidnapped from Mercedes,Texas. Edjd's nickname was Mercedes. Edjd was said by her killer to have been taken when she was about 16. Kim was supposedly kidnapped and ransom was requested but was never seen again. To me the nickname Mercedes is possibly because that's the hometown if it was Kim. Plus it sounds expensive if your a stripper

Kim Sue Leggett – The Charley Project

Kim is on the list of rule-outs on EDJD's NamUs page.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Do you have to be a member of namus to see the rule out page because I dont see it. Im from the UK so i dont think i can join the namus site
Yes, you have to be a member to view it, and you have to add a US address and phone number when you sign up. It doesn't say it has to be YOUR address and phone number.

It's sad how they were so seemingly close to identify her, and now it looks like she was illegitimate and probably never knew her dad.
I wish DDP had been the ones to work on her case instead.
jmo...

Yes, you have to be a member to view it, and you have to add a US address and phone number when you sign up. It doesn't say it has to be YOUR address and phone number.

It's sad how they were so seemingly close to identify her, and now it looks like she was illegitimate and probably never knew her dad.
I wish DDP had been the ones to work on her case instead.
jmo...
Thank you, I've emailed namus and asked if there's a way for me to sign in to it, just have to fake it if I can't. Rule outs are really important and a good way to save time.

Thank you, I've emailed namus and asked if there's a way for me to sign in to it, just have to fake it if I can't. Rule outs are really important and a good way to save time.

You are right. If you got a reply from Namus could you share it with me. Like you I can't register.

I live in NZ, I just picked a random address for a business in a random city.

Yes, that's of course a possibility for the time being, but somehow it doesn't feel right and I would like them to change their policy on this.

Ditto for me.
No reply as of yet, it's really frustrating. Having to fill out someone elses address and number doesnt feel right. I guess a group log in is out of the question, and I doubt anyone would want to share their username etc

Yes, that's of course a possibility for the time being, but somehow it doesn't feel right and I would like them to change their policy on this.

They actually hid the rule outs from non-registered visitors to the site at the behest of a lot of LEOs/MEs/Coroners. As it is, there are a lot of jurisdictions who don't list the rule outs and I think if they changed the policy, we would see more agencies just not listing them. Not fair for we registered members in the U.S. who actually pay for the site with our tax $$$.

The silly part is that so many registered users (not just here at WS) just copy and paste them for the world to see.

They actually hid the rule outs from non-registered visitors to the site at the behest of a lot of LEOs/MEs/Coroners. As it is, there are a lot of jurisdictions who don't list the rule outs and I think if they changed the policy, we would see more agencies just not listing them. Not fair for we registered members in the U.S. who actually pay for the site with our tax $$$.

The silly part is that so many registered users (not just here at WS) just copy and paste them for the world to see.
Why don’t some agencies want the public to see the rule outs?

Why don’t some agencies want the public to see the rule outs?

Because everything's a big deep, dark secret. (Sarcasm ON ;))

Seriously, I don't know. I'm sure they have perfectly reasonable, valid reasons that I'm not privy to.

I can't think of any good reason why in this day and age they wouldn't want the list to be public.
Same with DNA not showing anymore.
Identification nowadays are often helped by the "general public" (grateful doe, allenstown victims etc) or other non-LE (DDP and such).
imo

I can't think of any good reason why in this day and age they wouldn't want the list to be public.
Same with DNA not showing anymore.
Identification nowadays are often helped by the "general public" (grateful doe, allenstown victims etc) or other non-LE (DDP and such).
imo

I suspect privacy reasons and rule-outs not being definitive based on the method. Depending on area, department and year, they have been done with different ways. There are these days quite often cases where they "rule out" a potential match who later on turns out to be a match, because they didn't have DNA available. Can't remember exactly, but there was a cold case quite recently that was solved and the woman who it turned out to be had been previously ruled out because their stats didn't line up.

They actually hid the rule outs from non-registeredtvisitors to the site at the behest of a lot of LEOs/MEs/Coroners. As it is, there are a lot of jurisdictions who don't list the rule outs and I think if they changed the policy, we would see more agencies just not listing them. Not fair for we registered members in the U.S. who actually pay for the site with our tax $$$.

I'm confused as to why it would be a bad thing for people to know the rule outs? Surely it would save a lot of time an effort on the part of the sleuth and the LE as I'm sure they have many tips from people who can't see the rule out list or don't know of it which wastes time.
I don't see why other countries can't use it when there are international does on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen