Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 *Arrests* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
What made this such a major news story? I’m assuming her age, but I’ve never followed a case like this before, are all abductions this publicized?
Lets see...murdered...three years old...thrown away like trash...tight-knit community...happy, precious child...beautiful child...lured away due to innocence (promised candy). (To name some reasons.)

Lets see...murdered...three years old...thrown away like trash...tight-knit community...happy, precious child...beautiful child...lured away due to innocence (promised candy). (To name some reasons.)
Also the fact that it involved more than one person. That's very rare in stranger abduction cases.
And she was basically taken when there were lots of people around, right in view of her older brother.
Also, the family, friends and pastors did so many appearances pleading for her return, as well as Crimestoppers involvement with the case. It was in the news every day.
Imo

I’m familiar with the details, I’m from Birmingham. It was a national news story before half of those details were known. Are you familiar with amiah robertson? 8 month baby that’s been missing since March... first I’d heard of it was today.

Still trying to get through my Twitter feed... Wow, is all I can say! I have seen coverage of The Celebration of Life for Cupcake in Canada, Asia, Iraq...
t4594.gif

Here are a few from earlier today:

Gigi Douban on Twitter
Mourners wrap around New Beginnings Christian Ministry in Birmingham today to attend the funeral of Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney. The 3-year-old was abducted Oct. 12 and killed.

1:49 PM - 27 Oct 2019

AL.com on Twitter
Kamille 'Cupcake’ McKinney to be laid to rest today https://trib.al/sVUpOHe

1:54 PM - 27 Oct 2019

Jeff Eliasoph on Twitter
Hundreds mourn Kamille McKinney filing by as she lay in repose @wvtm13

2:08 PM - 27 Oct 2019

Baghdad, Iraq: Hundreds gather to mourn slain three-year-old 'Cupcake' in Birmingham, Alabama

I have to say, KM's Celebration of Life did not make it into our news in Australia, but the crimes against her made it into one of our major MSM publications over the weekend - which is highly unusual. There were photos and a full write-up.

Generally - about the US - we only hear about politics (and related matters), mass school shootings, and if an Aussie has been harmed in the US.

I think that the two-perpetrator crime against a defenseless 3 year old has really drawn some attention and outrage from many areas.

Last edited:
in fact, one researcher doing FMRI's of psychopaths discovered he was also one, but had the positive family environment, education, and professional success to not become destructive.

The Neuroscientist Who Discovered He Was a Psychopath | Science | Smithsonian

I thought you meant he was a member here and was a psychologist!
Far from it, I guess.
Yes, I vaguely remember that case.
And yes, Psychologist do believe there is a genetic disposition but that doesn't necessarily mean they will develop the disorder.

Anyway, we don't know enough about either one of the suspects to determine whether or not mental health issues played a role and just like that case I doubt it will have any affect on the charges or the sentencing.

As we know, it is never an excuse for such despicable behavior as murdering a young innocent child who never got to live past the age of three.

Do we know yet what Brown was charged with? Are the charges for each the same?

Imo

I’m familiar with the details, I’m from Birmingham. It was a national news story before half of those details were known. Are you familiar with amiah robertson? 8 month baby that’s been missing since March... first I’d heard of it was today.
Not every case gets as much publicity but the ones that do usually start with an Amber Alert. The media gets involved and the nation takes notice.

Add to it that Cupcake's was a stranger abduction. With that being every parent's worst nightmare, it's understandable why it garnered so much attention. People all over the country wanted to help and pray for Cupcake and her family. Now together we mourn the death of this precious little girl.

(Have we heard of Amiah Robertson? Of course have. I’ve got something for you, Aubie007:

IN - IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

That link has what is known as my absolute “Timeline From Hell”. Believe me when I tell you that timeline was one brain crusher trying to get the facts straight in that case. Looking at the link above it seems I originally received the following message (lol):

“Please enter a message with no more than 45000 characters.”

Scroll for the timeline to Post #428, that’ll catch you up. Unfortunately baby Amiah still hasn’t been found. Thanks for taking a look.)

Last edited:
I have no doubt that she was abused by the perpetrators. This was planned. They had the candy, and were out hunting for what they wanted.

Yes, I think so, too. It appears to be a 'classic' child predator scenario. Enticed, abducted, abused, murdered, disposed - all within a short period of time.

It makes me think of young Cherish Perrywinkle.

Except in this case there was two predators.

And because it seems to be this type of scenario, I doubt it is the first time a child has been abused by him, or her.

Last edited:

I think LE was great about getting in front of the camera to find Cupcake. It was a fluid, fast moving investigation. Among others.

With Amiah it's a different story. LE has went pretty silent but her family and caretakers are just not cooperating.

in fact, one researcher doing FMRI's of psychopaths discovered he was also one, but had the positive family environment, education, and professional success to not become destructive.

The Neuroscientist Who Discovered He Was a Psychopath | Science | Smithsonian

Fascinating information in this article. Thank you for sharing. :)

I know we all want to understand the "why" when following cases. This article is very clear about how environmental influences affect whether a psychopath will act with aggression, violence, and low empathy. The author notes that someone born with the genes and brain of a psychopath can be significantly influenced by their early childhood. A positive (or negative) childhood is especially pivotal in determining behavioral outcomes.

In Amiah's case there was no family and friends who were concerned enough to organize press conferences and plead for the return or for information about the baby. There were no pastors appearing with family. I don't think the family was connected to a church in that case.
I doubt the mother had the where-with-all to reach out for help from an organization like Crimestoppers or someone who could help.

But there were neighbors and other people in the community who did get together and search and they held one or two vigils that was covered by the media.

In this case, it was the family, Crimestoppers, LE, and members of the community that made sure her story was covered every day.

Imo

OCT 28, 2019
B’ham barber uses passion for cutting hair to comfort the family of Kamille McKinney

3YWSZCZCUND3VBS6DV7K4AQBYA.bmp

[...]

Lee said he was contacted by Mayor Randall Woodfin’s office to cut the hair of Kamille’s brother.

Lee, a barber and artist of more than 25 years, said he free-handed the design of a cupcake with pink and purple frosting and white angel wings, which he shaved into the back of A's head Friday night just ahead of Kamille’s funeral Sunday.

“He paused and was like, and he said, ‘Oh my gosh, I love it.’ And that put a smile on my face,” said Lee.

[...]

Her family, left to cope with the untimely loss, found ways to ease the pain. Lee also cut a cupcake design into Kamille’s father’s hair.

[...]

Lee, who works at Next Level Barbershop on 3rd Ave N., said others are now calling to request haircuts in Kamille’s honor as well.

He hoped the designs bring some form of comfort.

“I hope it gives him strength, courage and I just want to embrace him and let him know she will always be with him,” said Lee.

(Have we heard of Amiah Robertson? Of course have. I’ve got something for you, Aubie007:

IN - IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

That link has what is known as my absolute “Timeline From Hell”. Believe me when I tell you that timeline was one brain crusher trying to get the facts straight in that case. Looking at the link above it seems I originally received the following message (lol):

“Please enter a message with no more than 45000 characters.”

Scroll for the timeline to Post #428, that’ll catch you up. Unfortunately baby Amiah still hasn’t been found. Thanks for taking a look.)
Wow... after reading all of that I can see in cupcakes case rapid response time and cooperation played a major role in atleast apprehending the suspects. Also, BPD was afforded the opportunity to exhaust all resources into her case. IMPD might’ve been stretched thin with other crimes. I can’t believe the mother couldn’t simply present a clear timeline of being last seen alive. I won’t flood this board with another case, but just wanted to comment on that and I’m way behind on it.

I'd also like to add that Kamille "Cupcake" just captured so many hearts - her beauty and smile made me want to find her and give her a hug. She really brought people together IMO.

I've followed a lot of Missing cases - the sleuthers who are posting about LE, the family, and others who keep a missing person in the media are spot on and really make the difference. JMO

I didn’t mean for my question to come across as meaning cupcakes case didn’t warrant national attention. Just wondering why certain cases pick up steam as opposed to others. I have a much clearer understanding now. Thank you all.

I didn’t mean for my question to come across as meaning cupcakes case didn’t warrant national attention. Just wondering why certain cases pick up steam as opposed to others. I have a much clearer understanding now. Thank you all.

I follow Kelsi German (Libby's sister) and she tweeted the other day that she was shocked to find out that there were people in Indiana that knew nothing about the murders of Abby and Libby.

I was surprised as well. You would think that the murder of two young girls who where BFF's would be front page news all across Indiana. How could anyone not know? The details are also incredible. Video and voice of the killer. Unreal, but they don't.

It's always surprising to me as well what catches the attention of people and what doesn't. Who knows.

I follow Kelsi German (Libby's sister) and she tweeted the other day that she was shocked to find out that there were people in Indiana that knew nothing about the murders of Abby and Libby.

I was surprised as well. You would think that the murder of two young girls who where BFF's would be front page news all across Indiana. How could anyone not know? The details are also incredible. Video and voice of the killer. Unreal, but they don't.

It's always surprising to me as well what catches the attention of people and what doesn't. Who knows.
Well, off to read about this one now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member