Found Deceased TN - Devin Bond, 16, Murfreesboro, 30 March 2017

It was a regular day. Devin was on spring break from Riverdale High School, where he was a freshman. He'd just turned 16, and like most teen boys, his life revolved around playing video games and scarfing down his favorite foods. In his case, he couldn't get enough of Camino Real's queso dip, his mom said.

Simmers-Bond got home from work around 6:30 p.m. and ate dinner with her family. She had no suspicion that it was the last family dinner for a while.

With a laugh, she recalled how Devin ate an unusual amount of food that night. He couldn't stave off his hunger, she said.

Around 11:30 p.m., Simmers-Bond decided to head to bed. It was late, and she was tired. She ducked into Devin's room to wish him a goodnight. He was playing video games, as he usually did.

"I'm going to bed," she told him. "Don't stay up late. I love you."

That was the last time she saw Devin or heard his voice.

Around 10:30 a.m. March 31, 2017, Simmers-Bond's phone rang. It was her husband alerting her that he couldn't find Devin.

Initially, she wasn't too worried, but she still came home from work early and went to a nearby friend's house looking for him.

After arriving home, the panic set in. The mom learned that Devin had stuffed blankets under his sheets to make it look like he was in his bed. Devin's brother Dylan, then 9, discovered the decoy.

Simmers-Bond drove to Devin's ex-girlfriend's house looking for him. After reaching out to her, Simmers-Bond learned the ex-girlfriend had ended things with Devin around 7:30 p.m. the day before.

The couple, who'd been dating only a few months, split amicably. Simmers-Bond said the ex-girlfriend said Devin was "kind of" upset about the breakup.

Read more: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...er-tennessee-teen-devin-bond-is-still-missing

5ca9739a4003f.image.jpg

Although the mom said she doesn't think the sheriff's office acted aggressively enough at first, she's pleased and grateful with the investigation's progress since then.

The deputies brought out tracking dogs to trace Devin's scent. A dog caught a whiff and took investigators out the front door. In retrospect, Simmers-Bond thinks the dog picked up the wrong scent.

The family had surveillance cameras set up, and although video footage didn't capture Devin leaving, it showed a light in the backyard for about 15 minutes in the middle of the night. They think that's when Devin left, skipping out through the backdoor.

Deputies pinged the teen's phone. Judging by data collected from a nearby cellphone tower, investigators placed Devin near Barfield Crescent Road between 4:56 a.m. and 5:30 a.m., his mom said. During this time, a tipster reported a possible sighting of Devin: They'd seen a teen walking on that road who matched Devin's description.

He wasn't seen again.

His phone was turned off after the ping picked up by the Tiger Hill cellphone tower. There hasn't been any cellphone activity since.

Simmers-Bond said she and the investigators believe Devin left on his own. Video surveillance doesn't show anyone picking Devin up from their home, and based on the ping activity from the teen's phone, investigators believe he walked rather than drove.

Detectives thoroughly searched Devin's room. They touched every item the teen had, combing for clues. They even pulled posters and photos off the walls and looked behind them, his mom recalled.

Although investigators were able to trace cellphone activity to pinpoint where Devin was, that's all they could gather from the teen's cellphone use.

Devin, like most teens, liked to text. He wasn't big on social media, his mom said, but he was constantly communicating with friends. The problem puzzling investigators now is the way he texted: It wasn't through a traditional messaging service. Instead, Devin used Kik, a messaging app that doesn't store messages, so detectives aren't sure who Devin was talking to in the hours leading up to his disappearance.

After her son vanished, Simmers-Bond discovered one of her husband's guns was missing, along with a jacket, a drawstring bag and a few pairs of pants. It appeared that he was planning to skip town.

"I think he is (alive)," his mom said.

Read More: 2 years later, Tennessee teen Devin Bond is still missing

Devin Bond, 16, Reportedly Left Home With A Gun In 2017 & Hasn't Been Seen Since

July 16, 2019

[...]

On the Investigation Discovery digital special The Missing: What Happened to Devin Bond?, Heather Bond said she got ahold of Devin’s girlfriend on Saturday, April 1. Devin and the girl had reportedly been dating for about two months prior to his disappearance.

Heather recalled that the girl said she had spoken to Devin the night before he vanished, and that he seemed “kind of” upset — because she had broken up with him around 7:30 P.M.

Detective Will Pinson of the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office said Devin’s now ex-girlfriend told him, “She felt like he spent more time paying attention to his phone and talking to his friends on social media than he did paying attention to her.”

The detective added that Devin’s ex seemed “appropriately bewildered by the situation” and that she “had no idea where he could have gone,” as “he had never indicated any desire to leave.”

One of Devin’s closest friends, however, reportedly told Detective Pinion that Devin had “voiced a desire to run away and live as a homeless person in Florida.” Another friend allegedly described Devin as “impulsive.”

Read more: Devin Bond, 16, Reportedly Left Home With A Gun In 2017 & Hasn't Been Seen Since

Is it allowed to post a *possible* sighting that was posted on Facebook?

Is it allowed to post a *possible* sighting that was posted on Facebook?

I don’t think you can link or screenshot, but you can say there is talk of a possible sighting with a photo on the Bring Devin Home Facebook page. I came here to mention this too.

IMO, it does resemble him but to me it looks like this person’s cheekbones are higher than Devin’s appear. It could be that he has lost weight though? I am praying that if it is him he will be found again and at least let his family know he is safe. My heart breaks for them!

Same - I'm happy that it is being taken seriously and they are investigating!

update i am a native Tennessean and lived in Murfreesboro. it's sad and scary to watch as a mother. the person in IL is being investigated quietly as to not spook him. the creepiest thing is his phone was found now what teen lives without a phone nowadays? we don't yet know if it's him but personally i don't think it is after seeing the photos.

In the Devin Bond group, they have confirmed that it is not him that was spotted in Illinois. Sad for the family but hopefully his family can be found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back