MI MI - Akita Ervin, 15, White Lake, 10 June 1992

Brotherfudz

Reaction score
I’ve read a few varying accounts about this case, so will try not to be too confusing with the details.

Akita was last seen at her home where she lived with her mother and her mothers boyfriend laying on the couch the evening of June 10th (newspaper reports said she was last seen April 4th) by her mother before leaving to work the midnight shift at 9:15pm. Her mother didn’t realize she wasn’t home until 11:30/12 the following day.

Akita’s body was found wearing only panties by hunters (another article claims a hiker found her) less than a half mile from her home almost two weeks later on June 22. Her body too badly decomposed, the medical examiner only being able to state that she died from “blunt trauma to the neck.” They estimated her being dead anywhere from 1-3 weeks.

At the time of her death local serial killer Leslie Williams was already incarcerated. I’ve also read accounts of her having a history of running away, often times to Pontiac where her grandmother and father lived. She was supposedly frequenting drug houses while in Pontiac. She apparently missed a lot of school as well. Anyone know the real “facts” of the case? Was she really missing since April?

Anyone else have any info?
Hi, there! I worked with Akita’s mother Diana from 2011-2017. She herself passed away in February this year and donated her body to forensic anthropology center for research to further advance testing on badly decomposed bodies. She talked of wanting to do that often because of the limited evidence that was obtained in Akita’s case due to decomposition.

The time line discrepancy is because she ran away in April, but returned a day or two later. She was definitely last seen at her home on June 10th by her mom. She didn’t speak of her daughter super often, mostly just on important dates or when she was feeling hopeless about not having any answers. I don’t have any reason to believe she was lying about the last time she saw her. I’m guessing some of the papers were just mixing up dates because of the earlier running away.

Sorry, I really don’t have more information. I always felt like it would be intrusive to ask her questions, even though I wanted to so badly. But from what she did say, I don’t think she knew much more than what the articles say. If she knew more, she may have been instructed not to talk about it as it’s an open investigation. I periodically search the web to see if there are any new leads, that’s how I came across your post. I hope both mom and daughter are at peace and this gets solved soon.

Just finished the episode, always look forward to your episodes and this was my favorite one! So glad you were able to get her casefile, learned so much more about case. Really well done! Seems like their is an obvious suspect in her murder, do we know whatever became of her mothers live in boyfriend?

I don't know where "Gary France" ended up, it's possible that he's deceased.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back