MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 August 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many questions. Did she initially leave the house on her own, or involuntarily? And if she left on her own, where would she have gone? Where could she have gone? At first glance (via Google Maps), I'm not seeing many conveniently walkable businesses nearby. There is a local restaurant (mentioned in the article below, as this business put her picture on the door) which would be about a 16 minute walk. Other than that, options seem limited. MOO

https://www.boston25news.com/amp/news/missing-hanson-woman-s-daughter-desperate-for-answers/977790960

Closer than the cafe is a convenience/liquor store, what we in MA might call a packie. It has an ATM. Other than that, just a post office and since other types of businesses like automotive garages, insurance offices. Her neighborhood borders bodies of water and is quite wooded. The road that her house is on is almost like what I would call a "lane" instead of a street. To an outsider it looks like a private driveway instead of a street where you'd expect to see multiple houses. The houses on that street tend to be bungalows on smallish lots. To be honest I don't think you'd even think to drive down her street unless you knew it was there.

Closer than the cafe is a convenience/liquor store, what we in MA might call a packie. It has an ATM. Other than that, just a post office and since other types of businesses like automotive garages, insurance offices. Her neighborhood borders bodies of water and is quite wooded. The road that her house is on is almost like what I would call a "lane" instead of a street. To an outsider it looks like a private driveway instead of a street where you'd expect to see multiple houses. The houses on that street tend to be bungalows on smallish lots. To be honest I don't think you'd even think to drive down her street unless you knew it was there.

Thank you for that info. The part about the area being wooded got my attention. I recall reading that all the lights were on in the house when her daughter arrived, and with that, I couldn't help but think of theories involving something occurring at night. Depending on how wooded it is, however, it seems reasonable to me to think that this area may not get much direct sunlight during the day. If this is the case, the idea of her potentially having the lights on during the day would seem more plausible as another possibility (in addition to the night-time theory). MOO

ETA: ...assuming she was the one who turned the lights on... :(

@rainynights Someone posted the link earlier from when the house was on the market earlier this year. If you look at the photo of the outside of the house, it does not appear to be so heavily wooded as to cause the house to be dark during the day.

See what I found on #Zillow!
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/47-Spofford-Ave-Hanson-MA-02341/184280135_zpid/

Good find. Back to my racking my brain on this one. I'd be curious to know layout of the house. From those pictures, it looks like there is a room immediately to the left of the front door (I wonder if this is the same room as Photo #5/10, and if the windows in that room are street (or rather, lane) facing. Was this her bedroom? I wonder if she used blinds, or had the same sheer curtains as seen throughout the listing photos. And is that a circuit breaker box in the bedroom? Looks like some type of metal structure attached to the wall. Where are you Sandra? :(MOO

I think this is why the family, in their pleas for information, always say "someone had to have seen or heard something."

What are possible reasons as to why someone(s) wouldn’t come forward?!???
I don’t understand why someone would not come forward...I just cannot fathom nor wrap my head around why they him/her/they wouldn’t tell the authorities any info that they may have!!!! Ughhhh.

Last edited:
What are possible reasons as to why someone(s) wouldn’t come forward?!???
I don’t understand why someone would not come forward...I just cannot fathom nor wrap my head around why they him/her/they wouldn’t tell the authorities any info that they may have!!!! Ughhhh.

A thought just came to me...maybe someone doesn’t know that they have a pertinent piece of info. Or maybe they are second guessing what they thought that they saw. Or maybe they just didn’t know Sandra well enough to know that what they saw was a tip for LE. Idk. I guess I’m just grasping at straws to help me feel better as to why they didn’t or rather haven’t come forward.

A thought just came to me...maybe someone doesn’t know that they have a pertinent piece of info. Or maybe they are second guessing what they thought that they saw. Or maybe they just didn’t know Sandra well enough to know that what they saw was a tip for LE. Idk. I guess I’m just grasping at straws to help me feel better as to why they didn’t or rather haven’t come forward.

Could very well be true. Also, what if she simply walked out her front door, headed down the street, and got in a car? That would not make noise or cause someone to look out of their window to see what was going on. Such an odd case.....

Back in August, a LE person said that Sandra had possibly "made a connection with the homeless community" . ( I do not have the precise quote or syntax in front of me. Driving.) This statement., and the condition of the bed, are the two outliers that I cannot forget.

Back in August, a LE person said that Sandra had possibly "made a connection with the homeless community" . ( I do not have the precise quote or syntax in front of me. Driving.) This statement., and the condition of the bed, are the two outliers that I cannot forget.

The Hanson police chief used the words "popped in" among the homeless in either Brockton or Boston. To me that has a different connotation that "had a connection to". The former sounds like they considered it a possibility that she showed up among the homeless out of nowhere and the latter sounds like looking at a specific relationship. Regardless, checking to see if she "popped in" was the exact term used.

I think they said that about popping in on the homeless because tips came in that she was sighted in Fall River. Maybe the person they saw was a homeless person.

“We can’t rule out it was her on one of them, but we also can’t get a positive ID,” Miksch said. “Fall River is still very much aware and checking areas to see if she decided to pop in with the homeless population. We’ve also put alerts out to Brockton and Boston.”
'We just want answers' -- Hanson woman still missing after 5 weeks

The Hanson police chief used the words "popped in" among the homeless in either Brockton or Boston. To me that has a different connotation that "had a connection to". The former sounds like they considered it a possibility that she showed up among the homeless out of nowhere and the latter sounds like looking at a specific relationship. Regardless, checking to see if she "popped in" was the exact term used.
I don't see much difference between "popped in" and "connection to".
Both would suggest that she knew someone who is experiencing homelessness.
Sandra could be living off grid ..it is possible. May have left by choice. Stranger things have happened.
A lot of changes can happen to a woman's thought process after a certain age.
I knew a co-worker who walked away from everything ...job, roommate , all her belongings .... even her cat. Just bolted.

I don't see much difference between "popped in" and "connection to".
Both would suggest that she knew someone who is experiencing homelessness.
Sandra could be living off grid ..it is possible. May have left by choice. Stranger things have happened.
A lot of changes can happen to a woman's thought process after a certain age.
I knew a co-worker who walked away from everything ...job, roommate , all her belongings .... even her cat. Just bolted.
Yeah, but did the co-worker leave all of their money behind? I can't buy into this theory for Sandra for many reasons, but the biggest reason is that her bank account hasn't been touched since she went missing.

Good find. Back to my racking my brain on this one. I'd be curious to know layout of the house. From those pictures, it looks like there is a room immediately to the left of the front door (I wonder if this is the same room as Photo #5/10, and if the windows in that room are street (or rather, lane) facing. Was this her bedroom? I wonder if she used blinds, or had the same sheer curtains as seen throughout the listing photos. And is that a circuit breaker box in the bedroom? Looks like some type of metal structure attached to the wall. Where are you Sandra? :(MOO

I believe from the front door, on the left is small bedroom, next room is the 2nd bedroom (looks like a desk inside), then bathroom door. I'm guessing the doors opposite the back door is a laundry closet.

As for the back door, one article reported that the back door was open. After reading this, the first image that came to my mind was a closed screen door with an interior back door cracked open a bit. But from the listing photos I don't see any screen doors. Was the back door actually open, or was it open in the sense that it was closed and unlocked? MOO

On Friday morning, when McMahon dropped by with her kids, she saw all the lights on in the house, the back door open and her dog inside without food or water.
Missing Hanson woman's daughter desperate for answers

[LM] reported her mother’s disappearance to the police Aug. 9 after she went to Crispo’s house and found it empty with the lights and air conditioning on, the back door unlocked and her dog in the house with no food or water.
Vigil marks 2 months since former Quincy woman disappeared

ETA: It's been addressed before that open/unlocked could be used interchangeably, but if the door was open away from the frame, this seems much more concerning. Regardless if the door was open or closed, thankfully the dog remained safe inside the house. :( MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member