Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #115

Status
Not open for further replies.
SA doesn't necessarily mean that there will be ejaculation fluids. IE he could have been unable to perform, use a condom or just masturbated into a condom. That's SA too.

Yes, but shed epithelial cells are also DNA. Anyhow, any form of SA close to the girls is DNA. His knife or whatever he used ... sorry, there should be DNA on the sides of their wounds. Sorry again. They( the coroners) had to swab everything. Maybe they missed something.

Yes, but shed epithelial cells are also DNA. Anyhow, any form of SA close to the girls is DNA. His knife or whatever he used ... sorry, there should be DNA on the sides of their wounds. Sorry again. They( the coroners) had to swab everything. Maybe they missed something.

I'm aware, I'm a biology major. It doesn't mean that there is enough uncontaminated, usable DNA. It is unlikely that they have nothing but it is possible.

<modsnip: Discuss ZERO from the scanner thread>

You have to figure the one for RL’s property was mostly due to it’s proximity to the crime scene but the Bicycle Road search warrant was always a mystery, to me anyway, as to why it was issued etc. Is this the one you say “...stemmed from the results of of the tracking dog’s trail”? That’s very interesting. I have never heard that before. Wondering where that info came from.

You are absolutely right, I went searching for a link only to find that the search warrant stemmed from a tip, not police dogs. I am embarrassed to say I have no idea why I thought that, perhaps because of the pictures of LE searching the outbuildings on the property rather than the home (and that the owner or his son were not indicated as suspects)? My apologies, this is why WS TOS are in place, posting links and being clear when we are stating opinions vs. fact. I think its so hard to discuss cases when they've gotten this old, I get lax about following the guidelines and evidently also start to just flat out have false recollections! Yikes.

But that does make sense, the dogs really would not have a scent to follow if he didn't have a lot of contact with the girls so that their scent went with him as he left (which the seemingly lack of strong DNA also seems to indicate they didn't have much contact).

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been one of my theories as well. I had places I visited in the Mid-West that I knew from visits over the summer and holidays. I knew my way around very well, but I wasn't a resident.
I agree with you. Kids are like mice, at least I was, they learn short cuts and the woods very well. Adults seldom know the ins and outs of out of the way back woods paths. This guy must have known them extremely well, to know where to send the girls to their deaths, so quietly and efficiently. I can not believe he is still free after they went to the trouble to record his face and voice for us to catch their murderer. God bless both innocent young girls and such dear loyal friends to the end.

I'm aware, I'm a biology major. It doesn't mean that there is enough uncontaminated, usable DNA. It is unlikely that they have nothing but it is possible.

True. Really, it all depends on how much they swabbed. It depends on the coroner’s experience. Given how big the crime was, something could be missed.

There could have been some contamination of the crime scene, accidental, from the searchers, and intentional, if the BG wanted to conceal his DNA. In fact, we might be talking about a mix of DNAs that are still difficult to separate. The dude could have added animal DNA to the mix as well.

I think use of any decontaminant or adding mixed DNA bespeaks a younger person, lack of DNA points to an older guy who might be SK and is learning something in the process.

Please put an end to the bickering, in-fighting, personalizing and rudeness.

Please refer to; Best Practices - Dealing with your fellow posters

Scroll and Roll is your best tool. Use it and make use of the ignore feature if you must.
Nothing is personal here - take a rest if you're getting too personal toward another.
Please alert on any post that violates TOS
If you are new here absolutely read this thoroughly; The Rules

These problems are tying up mods unnecessarily.

Loss of posting privileges shall ensue.

Thank You All.

the Bicycle Road search warrant was always a mystery, to me anyway, as to why it was issued etc. Is this the one you say “...stemmed from the results of of the tracking dog’s trail”? .

Based on articles on the 16th of Feb 2017:

"Between tips and interviews, law enforcement had enough probable cause to secure a search warrant at the property to look for information that might be helpful in the investigation, Riley said."

UPDATED: Homicide investigation generates search warrant

And this site also lists "tips" as the reason that lead LE to the home and includes some photos of the property that looks like a horror movie set imo.

Search warrant served at Indiana home in teens' murders | Daily Mail Online

SA doesn't necessarily mean that there will be ejaculation fluids. IE he could have been unable to perform, use a condom or just masturbated into a condom. That's SA too.

Or the use of other objects...gun barrel, sticks...

Israel Keys claims he had a kit of "items" he used to abuse one of his victims. Of course, he also raped her.

Well, this is an ad by the producer of "invisible". The best advise I got was totally opposite. Scroll further, you'll find it.
Yes it's the person who invented it as part of their thesis. There are articles about it also in major newspapers, it's been news since 2014. The only other thing I saw was about oxy bleach.

removing: original poster clarified above.

Last edited:
Honestly, I initially even missed this moment.

Here is how it looks to me now. The guy calls, waits on the line for a long time, then says, "I spoke to you privately. My brother..." and GH enthuses, "oh yes, the election!" And then the guy dumps all the info about very little DNA, and then GH asks, how the election went, and the person says, successfully, and GH says, you were always such a reliable source.

What do I think. The election was maximum for the local library trustees, sorry.

If this dude had a brother who won a major political election in Indiana, even in Delphi, and the said brother was such a blabber that he told intimate details of the Delphi case to his brother, then there was no better way for the said (loving) brother to reassure no future reelection, than to call GH and dump it all out.

So - either GH inflates his sources (very possibly), and unsurprising,

Or, this leak is approved and hence, valid.

My take: I am 50% positive that there was too little DNA, and 50% positive that someone intentionally made the scene contaminated by dumping different sources of DNA to make it extremely mixed. Both would achieve the same effect.
The caller also mentons a VA hospital (by minutes away) some distance but still in the region of Delphi, where two chaplains he knows never even heard of the Delphi case. Very disheartening. I also believe the scene was intentionally cleaned up by killer.

<modsnip: Discuss ZERO from the scanner thread>

You are absolutely right, I went searching for a link only to find that the search warrant stemmed from a tip, not police dogs. I am embarrassed to say I have no idea why I thought that, perhaps because of the pictures of LE searching the outbuildings on the property rather than the home (and that the owner or his son were not indicated as suspects)? My apologies, this is why WS TOS are in place, posting links and being clear when we are stating opinions vs. fact. I think its so hard to discuss cases when they've gotten this old, I get lax about following the guidelines and evidently also start to just flat out have false recollections! Yikes.

But that does make sense, the dogs really would not have a scent to follow if he didn't have a lot of contact with the girls so that their scent went with him as he left (which the seemingly lack of strong DNA also seems to indicate they didn't have much contact).

Thanks for checking on that. I was kinda hoping it was the dogs! Any new information is gold here!
I still think it’s wise to look hard back at the beginning like you were doing.

Is this confirmed or rumor? I thought this was one of the details LE didn't divulge.

ETA - just realized you said "makes it seem." I'm not sold on this not being a SA even if there isn't DNA. There are different kinds of SA. JMO
I hear ya. I should have said there was possibly not a standard rape crime. But could be other type of SA.

I wonder if BG was maybe visiting Delphi possibly because of the death of a relative. Do we know if LE ever checked all the obituaries around the time frame when the murders took place?
I don't know if LE has or not but I sure have spent many, many hours checking obits, funerals and even the cemeteries YIKES !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member