OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would add HMR to the group of strong willed women. I can't imagine HMR and AW living under the same roof for long.

If Fred tries to make Angie the scapegoat, that carries a very calculated risk. Angie could confess and cut a deal. I can see Angie trying to save her mom (RN) and her sons.

I don't think there is any love lost between Billy and her. She could easily throw him under the bus. I'm also willing to bet she knows enough about Fred and her dealings to throw her under as well....
Right. And I thought my family was complicated.....:confused:

Thanks. Now I have to go back and look! That would be interesting because I don't remember her saying one word about her daughter-in-law.

As for witnesses, you are right, that Discovery is coming from the prosecution and that means the prosecution is calling Rita's mom and son to the stand.

I wonder if they will be hostile witnesses for the prosecution? Would they really want to say anything against their own daughter/mother?

Hostile Witness
A hostile witness, otherwise known as an adverse witness or an unfavorable witness, is a witness at trial whose testimony on direct examination is either openly antagonistic or appears to be contrary to the legal position of the party who called the witness.

Well, the Discovery document doesn't really say that the State is calling them as witnesses. Perhaps the State is just listing them? JMO

I wonder if they will be hostile witnesses for the prosecution? Would they really want to say anything against their own daughter/mother?

Hostile Witness
A hostile witness, otherwise known as an adverse witness or an unfavorable witness, is a witness at trial whose testimony on direct examination is either openly antagonistic or appears to be contrary to the legal position of the party who called the witness.[/QUOTE]

It will be interesting to see if she flares up in court. She was quick to get testy before.

Well, the Discovery document doesn't really say that the State is calling them as witnesses. Perhaps the State is just listing them? JMO

No matter which side, prosecution or defense, calls them to the stand first, we know the other side will then get their chance to cross examine them. This will be very very interesting, that we will see both Rita's son and mother called to testify next month. Getting real.
Only 3 weeks away.

No matter which side, prosecution or defense, calls them to the stand first, we know the other side will then get their chance to cross examine them. This will be very very interesting, that we will see both Rita's son and mother called to testify next month. Getting real.
Only 3 weeks away.
Do you think any of the Ohio tv stations will carry a live feed as they have done with the pretrials?

Do you think any of the Ohio tv stations will carry a live feed as they have done with the pretrials?

Yes IF Judge Deering allows it. I believe it's up to him. If you have Twitter I recommend asking Angenett Levy, she has posted alot about the Rhoden case including video clips on her account of the trial hearings, written many MSM articles, etc...

She is an Emmy nominated reporter for Local 12 WKRC Cincinnati, the station that has been covering all the hearings LIVE. She also is on facebook and you could contact her through WKRC directly.

Or just call the station and simply ask about it. Another idea is to call the Pike County Courthouse.

Good question. All of us want to know!

I know this is Angie's house because
I compared it to 2 other pictures of her house, from an article, and from Zillow with the correct address--52 Havener Ln S Webster-- and it matches.
Rita lived here according to court records, but then moved in with her mother to a different address.

EDIT
Need to correct an address.

I posted that Rita lived at 52 Havener Ln (Angela's house) then moved in with her mom. Turns out Rita wasn't living in Angie's house, she was living in her own house on Dickens Rd. in Oak Hill, Ohio.

NB adopted Rita Nutter when she was 5, I believe. She is not her real mother.

Portsmouth Times Newspaper Archives, May 24, 1958, p. 17
It is amazing you found that info/link!
The link will not let me enlarge the microscopic printing on the page because I am not a subscriber.
Would it be possible for you to get a screenshot and post it here?
I am curious as to who her biological mother is, and if there might be some connection to anyone in this case.
TIA

The link will not let me enlarge the microscopic printing on the page because I am not a subscriber.
I am curious as to who her biological mother is, and if there might be some connection to anyone in this case.
TIA

Puzzles, there is a post of it enlarged somewhere...lol...like looking for a needle in a haystack. I'll look. I just realized NB would have been 21 or so years old when she got Rita (about 5 yr old. So she could be her real mother. Just don't know. All JMO

TIA

I'll try to find the enlargement and post it tomorrow. I did find this obituary today...very interesting, perhaps RN's kin. I definitely believe RN is a Cyrus descendant. Please read this obit carefully: "Special friends, Bob and Fredrica Wagner; ...former licensed Nazarene minister,....co-founder of the Lucasville Mission...."

Freda Crystal Shaver Cyrus (1914-2001) - Find A...

All just my opinion.

TIA

I've known about this link for years and posted many times. .

I would add HMR to the group of strong willed women. I can't imagine HMR and AW living under the same roof for long.

If Fred tries to make Angie the scapegoat, that carries a very calculated risk. Angie could confess and cut a deal. I can see Angie trying to save her mom (RN) and her sons.

I don't think there is any love lost between Billy and Angie. She could easily throw him under the bus. I'm also willing to bet Angie knows enough about Fred and her dealings to throw her under as well....

Good points! In spite of her young age, HMR did learn to stand up to JW and the Wagners enough to assert her independence. If JW was violent with her, she seemed like the kind of young woman who would have left that situation. She was a strong young woman who had the support of her parents. It's a shame that those who tried to bully her and take away her child had to resort to such tragic, horrific and senseless acts of violence and murder.

Some may carry a live feed on their FB pages. I've noticed more local TV stations doing that with high profile trials. As for the tv coverage, they'll probably show clips from the proceedings each day during their regular news broadcasts. If there isn't live coverage, many news outlets these days will have reporters in the court room live-Tweeting the proceedings.

I'm sorry, I've tried various ways and can't get it to enlarge. I don't have a subscription either.
Thanks for trying! I started keeping some random notes and links in a Word document. The document has grown into many, many unorganized pages.

The good news is I have lots of bits of information in the notes, but that's also the bad news:D.

CC, I believe Fred did reference AW at the interviews at her home with Owen. I'll have to back and listen. JMO

I checked and Fred makes no reference what-so-ever of Angela specifically. She did say something strange that makes it sound like she is their alibi. BCI obviously doesn't believe her. She said quote:

" None of us were anywhere near that place that night. "

How would Fred know where the Wagner 4 were? In just my opinion it sounds like she is their only alibi.

Some may carry a live feed on their FB pages. I've noticed more local TV stations doing that with high profile trials. As for the tv coverage, they'll probably show clips from the proceedings each day during their regular news broadcasts. If there isn't live coverage, many news outlets these days will have reporters in the court room live-Tweeting the proceedings.

CourtTV isn't going to pick these up? That would be a shame.

Thanks for trying! I started keeping some random notes and links in a Word document. The document has grown into many, many unorganized pages.

The good news is I have lots of bits of information in the notes, but that's also the bad news:D.

Puzzles, I found a way for you to read it. Go to link

Portsmouth Times Newspaper Archives, May 24, 1958, p. 17

Scroll all the way down in the link, not the article. You will come to a scroll box with the title "Newspaper Article Text (OCR)". Scroll down within that box until you see KENNETH CRANSTON and the info follows. I was incorrect, adoption was not mentioned. It was a name change. Rita was about 5 and NB was about 21. JMO

I checked and Fred makes no reference what-so-ever of Angela specifically. She did say something strange that makes it sound like she is their alibi. BCI obviously doesn't believe her. She said quote:

" None of us were anywhere near that place that night. "

How would Fred know where the Wagner 4 were? In just my opinion it sounds like she is their only alibi.

Good catch. I recall that quote and thought it sounded odd, using "we".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken