CONVICTION OVERTURNED LA - Sheriff’s deputy, school teacher wife guilty on child sex charges, Livingston Parish, 2019 *Melanie Curtin conviction overturned 2023*

That’s my area. I’m very close with an East Baton Rouge Sheriff, I posted about him in the other thread. He’s in juvenile sex crimes division. Detective and SWAT. He said the stuff he deals with daily is drowning any faith he had in humanity. The community is SHOCKED with this news and outraged. Obviously the parents of kids she taught are worried sick. His position of power and hers of being in a “mentor/teacher” is FRIGHTENING to even begin to think of how many kids are victims. I am seriously wondering if some sick dark underground cultish type group exists for couples that are like this.. scary scary.

LIVINGSTON PARISH, La. (WAFB) A high-ranking Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office deputy and his wife, a Livingston Parish school teacher, have been arrested and accused of child rape and the production of child *advertiser censored*, among other disturbing charges.

Among the evidence seized in the case are photos that show the two suspects nude with an unclothed child, a source familiar with the case said.

Louisiana sheriff’s deputy, school teacher wife arrested on child *advertiser censored* charges

Because of the 'Gwen's Law' hearing, I think the crimes committed involved her children. IMO

DA recuses himself in Perkins *advertiser censored* case

Both defendants will be subject to a Gwen’s Law hearing on those same dates. At that time, a judge will decide if there’s a likelihood the defendants would be a threat to the community if released. If the judge decides either would be a threat, bail can be denied and the defendant(s) would be ordered to stay in jail until trial.

Gwen's Law in Louisiana Domestic Violence Cases | The Norris Law Group

WHAT IS GWEN'S LAW?

Gwen's Law is found in Article 313 of the Louisiana Code of Criminal Procedure. The law provides that a contradictory bail hearing can be held prior to setting bail for a person charged with domestic abuse battery, violation of protective orders, stalking, or any felony offense involving the use or threatened use of force or a deadly weapon upon their family member, household member, or dating partner.

I'm curious if he has anything in his background - did her children draw her to him? we have seen this behavior before - obviously I'm not excusing her since she appears to be a willing participant but I do wonder if there was something underlying that attracted them to each other? I mean, How do you have this conversation with your spouse? or SO? JMO

Because of the 'Gwen's Law' hearing, I think the crimes committed involved her children. IMO

DA recuses himself in Perkins *advertiser censored* case

Both defendants will be subject to a Gwen’s Law hearing on those same dates. At that time, a judge will decide if there’s a likelihood the defendants would be a threat to the community if released. If the judge decides either would be a threat, bail can be denied and the defendant(s) would be ordered to stay in jail until trial.

Gwen's Law in Louisiana Domestic Violence Cases | The Norris Law Group

WHAT IS GWEN'S LAW?

Gwen's Law is found in Article 313 of the Louisiana Code of Criminal Procedure. The law provides that a contradictory bail hearing can be held prior to setting bail for a person charged with domestic abuse battery, violation of protective orders, stalking, or any felony offense involving the use or threatened use of force or a deadly weapon upon their family member, household member, or dating partner.
Yes. She has 2 biological and 1 adopted all with her ex-husband. He has 1 with an ex-wife.

Cynthia Perkins' ex-husband filed a protective order against her in Livingston Parish Court Thursday, but the details of the document were sealed by the judge overseeing the case. According to court records, Perkins and her ex-husband divorced in 2018 and shared custody of their three children.

Court records show Dennis Perkins divorced an ex-wife in 2017, and the two shared custody of one child.
Livingston child sex crime suspects face special court hearing to protect family members

Former Livingston Parish school teacher to be held without bail, judge rules

On Monday, Oct. 28, a judge ruled Cynthia Perkins to be held without bail until her next hearing on Nov. 7.

Judge Charlotte Hughes Foster ordered Perkins not to make any attempt to contact the victim in this case, including the use of a phone inside the jail or otherwise.
<snip>

Perkins released her public defender Monday morning and announced she will now be represented by attorney James Spokes of The Scott Law Firm.

Spokes says he was hired over the weekend and had a brief moment to meet with his client.

“From what she told me, her understanding, her recollection, and memory of these alleged events is very different than what is being reported in the media,” Spokes said.

Former Livingston Parish school teacher to be held without bail, judge rules

On Monday, Oct. 28, a judge ruled Cynthia Perkins to be held without bail until her next hearing on Nov. 7.

Judge Charlotte Hughes Foster ordered Perkins not to make any attempt to contact the victim in this case, including the use of a phone inside the jail or otherwise.
<snip>

Perkins released her public defender Monday morning and announced she will now be represented by attorney James Spokes of The Scott Law Firm.

Spokes says he was hired over the weekend and had a brief moment to meet with his client.

“From what she told me, her understanding, her recollection, and memory of these alleged events is very different than what is being reported in the media,” Spokes said.
I'm curious to know what her recollection of events are.

I'm curious to know what her recollection of events are.
I think they have her on video tape I don't think her recollections will stand up in court. Were any of the children hers/ his children? So sick and pathetic. We as a society need to do more to protect our children. New laws need to be made to protect our children. JMO if you touch a child sexually and your DNA is found apon that child.Death penalty. I don't mean twenty years on death row, I mean tomorrow. You can not rehabite them, you must eleminnat them.

In bombshell interview, cop who tried to shine light on deputy at center of child sex case says everyone missed 'red flags'
Lt. Todd Webb, a Baton Rouge Police officer, spoke exclusively with the WBRZ Investigative Unit Tuesday.

Webb said he met with Livingston Sheriff Jason Ard in 2013 over the suspicious interactions between Dennis Perkins and Webb’s step-daughter at the time.

"My stepdaughter at the time went to Denny Perkins house for a sleepover," Webb told WBRZ Chief Investigator Chris Nakamoto. "She was friends with another child. Sometime in the night, Denny Perkins climbed into bed with her and another child."

"When we found out about it the next day, we were concerned and red flags," Webb said. "We brought it to a counselor and learned other inappropriate behavior took place. He would chase her in a room...hold her down and play tickle monster."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back