Australia Australia - Tej Chitnis, 22, Burwood East, Vic, 27 April 2016

Given his 'secret' life I am concerned that he took his life rather than reveal the truth to all. It must be so hard for his family. I remember seeing them o the news at the time, Mum especially was beside herself.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I think that there needs to be more information to come forth before I go to that conclusion - though I understand that a scenario like that might be plausible.
I feel that the non attendance at University shouldn't over shadow the fact the he is missing and needs to be found -
but the strange part is that his car has not been sighted since the CCTV at Healesville - thats alarming.
The cars sighting did not confirm though if Tej was driving the car - the driver of the car was not captured in the CCTV footage/picture. I think that complicates matters and justs adds to the questions that have no answers about this case.

If he has taken time out and it has been voluntary, and it was due to his secret non attendance at university, then unfortunately I think it was a bad decision as a solution to a problem - one which must be causing
his family and friends untold anxiety, worry and grief. If he did go AWOL to run from one issue, he has just expanded the problem exponetially.
How hard then would it be for him to return and make ammends? Though his family and friends seem nothing but supportive, regardless of his actions, he has the love
of a family to come back too (from what I can see in the media and through interviews) - so important - he could still return, or even just make contact with someone - anyone - to say he is OK.

Tej is still missing - but Im really pleased that he has been featured in the Missing Person Week Campaign 2016 - hopefully some news will surface soon from that highlight.
His case should not go cold.

Still nothing.. Surprised that his car hasn't been located still as well

Bumping in the New Year for Tej as I have known his brother personally for 12+ years now.

It concerns me that his registration on his car is no longer active.

Fingers crossed this is the year he comes home!

I wonder if the police used flying drones to help look for the vehicle? There is so much bush to tackle perhaps drones searching from the last ping then radial could help? Hope tej returns home soon.

Mention of Tej’s misper case in this MSM article about Loren O’Keeffe and MPAN for Missing Persons Week:

Missing persons' families keep Loren going 24/7 - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Missing: Tej Chitnis

More than two years after Tej Chitnis was last seen driving in the Healesville area, Victoria, his mother Reva is still finding memories of him scattered through their family home in Burwood East.

"I was cleaning the house yesterday and underneath the sofa I found one of his T-shirts," she says.

"It still smells of him."

His room is the same as he left it — the Kobe Bryant poster above his desk, his cologne bottle still sitting in its packaging and his navy hockey ribbons proudly presented near his bunk bed.

"There are endless questions. There are more questions than answers," says Tej's father Jayant.

Tej never arrived for a dinner for his father's 60th birthday and his older brother's farewell.

The family would later learn Tej hadn't been attending university for nearly two years.

In the early weeks, Tej's friends and family would spend days putting up thousands of posters in Healesville. But Jayant says many don't have that kind of support.

As the weeks turned to months, to a year, Reva was questioning how much energy she should keep putting into the Find Tej Chitnis Facebook group.

Then she received a message from Loren asking if they needed any help: "I replied 'Yes. Yes, we do need help!'"

Since then, Loren has featured Tej on a billboard in Healesville, in lights during an AFL match at the MCG and on a mural at the Queen Victoria market.

"Loren is just amazing. She includes us in everything and makes sure that Tej is mentioned," says Reva.

Tej's father, Jayant, adds: "For the police it's just another number. Loren gets very personal — she's interested in getting to know the family and a lot of the time it is not the immediate family."

Tej Chitnis (18 at the time) went missing in Healesville Vic on Wednesday the 27th of April 2016. Missing also, his silver 2005 VW Golf Hatchback, Victorian rego TTF 517. He usually drives to the Blackburn Railway station, parks his car in a nearby street and catches public transport to University. Tej's vehicle was last seen travelling east on the Maroondah Highway, Healesville near the intersection of Green Street on 27 April about 11.34am.

Tej failed to return home at 4:00pm as usual and did not attend his father's birthday dinner that night. His VW Golf has also not been located. This behaviour is very out of character for Tej.

I've read online in some places that Tej actually deferred from his Uni course and did not inform his parents, whether that is true or not, where was Tej travelling on the 27th of April 2016 and why did he not return home?

This case was considered in this event, hope there will be some new clues!

A group of cyber sleuths from Adelaide has taken out the national missing persons "hackathon", finding nearly 100 new pieces of information for police to investigate.

Key points:350 cyber experts took part in the National Missing Persons Hackathon last weekThe Adelaide team from Saab Australia found 97 new pieces of informationIt's the first time the event has been held in Australia

The team from Saab Australia placed first out of 96 teams which took part in the National Missing Persons Hackathon last week.

The event was the first of its kind to be held in Australia and saw more than 350 "ethical hackers" gather at 10 locations around the country to generate leads for 12 of Australia's missing-person cold cases.
Adelaide cyber sleuths win missing persons 'hackathon'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back