GUILTY VA - IH, 14, taken by mothers ex-bf, Bruce Lynch, 34, Bumpass, Louisa County, 21 Oct 2019

Well, if they are off the grid I hope they have warm clothing. A cold, rainy front moving in, not to mention hunting season has started. Nov. 2nd starts Muzzleloader - black powder like our earlier settlers. We all know folks will be flocking to the woods.

Hope they will come home soon. Everyday they are in more danger, especially if in the woods.
MOO

Last edited:
That, or he planned this out well in advance and has a camo hideout to match their camo clothing. MOO

All jokes a side. I hope they have not gone "to ground", off the grid. Many have lived off grid in the mountains for years.

IH is an A student, who is not well versed in the ways of the world. OTG living is a hard way off life, especially if you are on the run in winter. You just can't hide a fire and we are all VERY fire conscious. We've just lifted the burn bans in most area.
MOO

All jokes a side. I hope they have not gone "to ground", off the grid. Many have lived off grid in the mountains for years.

IH is an A student, who is not well versed in the ways of the world. OTG living is a hard way off life, especially if you are on the run in winter. You just can't hide a fire and we are all VERY fire conscious. We've just lifted the burn bans in most area.
MOO
JMHO, but most 14-year-old girls would not be happy living off grid for long.

IH is an A student, who is not well versed in the ways of the world. OTG living is a hard way off life, especially if you are on the run in the winter

I wonder if during the first day or two, this seemed like an 'adventure' to Isabel. But I'm concerned that after sleeping in the cold for several nights, and not being in her home, that she may start complaining.

So where could he put her, where she could be found, but leave no trace to his whereabouts? Tricky...

If he already knocked on someone's door for help 2 days ago, he's not any good at living off grid, IMO.

I agree. But we don't really know why he knocked on that person's door. He may be comfortable in the woods with few luxuries but I doubt that IH is used to that lifestyle. I'm guessing she has been miserable. Maybe he was hoping they could visit that person's house, get a hot meal and a shower and then disappear back into the woods to wherever the car/their hideout is located? If they were living off grid for a week and did not know about the Amber Alert then perhaps they thought the person they approached would not know they were missing at all and would agree to help them? MOO.

“Local and federal investigators held a briefing in Montpelier on Wednesday to provide an update on the search effort. They said more than 200 authorities had joined in the search efforts to bring Hicks home.”

Sheriff’s Office holds presser on missing Louisa County teen, spotted in Hanover County

New-Amber-Alert-poster.png

—-

“On Wednesday, local authorities held a press conference where they shared a retouched image of Lynch without his facial hair, as the witness who spotted them on Monday night told police that Lynch no longer had a beard or mustache.”

Search for missing teen Isabel Hicks intensifies as cops zero in on narrow area; kidnapping suspect changes his appearance: Report

Last edited:
I wonder if during the first day or two, this seemed like an 'adventure' to Isabel. But I'm concerned that after sleeping in the cold for several nights, and not being in her home, that she may start complaining.

So where could he put her, where she could be found, but leave no trace to his whereabouts? Tricky...

He can take her to any of her family member's homes, a hospital, a grocery store, a fire station, a police station, a gas station, anywhere public where she can tell an adult who she is and ask them to call 911. I really don't care where he leaves her as long as he leaves her unharmed and somewhere where she can get help right away. I'm not even concerned with him being arrested at this point (although he should be). They will track him down eventually. But the longer he has her the more this has the potential to escalate. Please Bruce, if you are following along here just let Isabel go back home safe and alive. You can slink off to where ever you want to run and try to live your off grid life after you let her go. Please don't make her suffer with you through this any more. Don't harm her. Let her go!

MOO.

I agree. But we don't really know why he knocked on that person's door. He may be comfortable in the woods with few luxuries but I doubt that IH is used to that lifestyle. I'm guessing she has been miserable. Maybe he was hoping they could visit that person's house, get a hot meal and a shower and then disappear back into the woods to wherever the car/their hideout is located? If they were living off grid for a week and did not know about the Amber Alert then perhaps they thought the person they approached would not know they were missing at all and would agree to help them? MOO.
Exactly!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back