Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
People were discussing what the rape charge might be based on. I wonder if it's possible they have his browsing history which suggests a motive. His burglaries were 'fetish' types so it would be likely that if he used *advertiser censored*, it may be of a very specific type, which involved rape and even death. The forensics and previous offences could be alongside this too, or maybe it's just one of these things?

I'm intrigued by why you and @JosieJo doubt it's murder? I wholly agree we're not party to the evidence so we can't make the sorts of informed decisions the jury will have to make. All of our opinions could change. But from what little we know, I can't think of anything in his previous crimes suggest an individual that panics. Nor am I sure how manslaughter charge would play out?.

His guilty plea in August meant we only heard a fraction of what the judge had access to. That alone was quite chilling. But we do know the judge specifically stated in his summing up that PR was "Potentially a very dangerous individual".

We were all surprised by the 8 1/2 year sentence which seemed to rest on "principate of totality' suggesting to me that the judge thought the crimes serious enough to warrant being served consecutively. I don't know how rare that is but up to that point I'd assumed all sentences tried at the same point were served concurrently and I recall lots of people here had expected the same. Something must have been behind that decision.

We also know the judge threw out the defence plea that the crimes were opportunistic and specifically stated in his sentencing address that they were "planned, not on the spur of the moment".

We also know there must have been ample opportunities between spotting Libby and the end of that awful night where PR could have thought about what was happening and changed his mind. He could easily have committed his usual crime at the spot where he saw Libby. Leaving her terrified but physically unharmed. Ditto in his car and then left her unharmed.

This bit feels most horrible to say but he was bulky and strong - overpowering someone wouldn't have been a problem. Lots of rapists don't kill their victims because they don't need to to commit that crime. Surely that negates his one manslaughter chance.

And like everyone else I hate saying all of these things because of his victim. She had her while life ahead of her.

At the moment we really don't know

I like it when we have different thoughts, because at least different angles are considered.

People were discussing what the rape charge might be based on. I wonder if it's possible they have his browsing history which suggests a motive. His burglaries were 'fetish' types so it would be likely that if he used *advertiser censored*, it may be of a very specific type, which involved rape and even death. The forensics and previous offences could be alongside this too, or maybe it's just one of these things?

I've just had a penny drop moment reading this. Good point.

Does anyone know what PR is likely to say in court tomorrow should he be present, and when a trial would be if and when he was to go not guilty?

I've just had a penny drop moment reading this. Good point.

Thanks Officer! It reminded me of some other cases where internet history was used. In the Joanna Yates case, police were convinced of a motive by the violent films the killer watched and the fact he watched one the day she was killed. Her body was found the same way as the women in the videos but for some reason the judge didn't allow all those details to be put to the jury in court. He also had a track record of using prostitutes whilst telling his family he was shy and chaste.

For me I just don't feel that he went out with the intent to kill that night and ultimately that's what will need to be proved. I think he went out to flash/masturbate and saw an oppertunity and took it.
I think Rape will be based on the fact she was inebriated and he will say she agreed, then say she panicked and he killed her by accident.

If he is guilty of any of the above, I hope they can convince a jury beyond reasonable doubt.

There's someone on a SM page claiming she has vital evidence that is not being listened to.
I obviously cannot link it here but for once I hope she's just a village crazy and they genuinely have got their man.

Murder doesn't require much premeditation. A person could go out with intent to flash or just go to the chippy, but then offer a vulnerable female a lift, then decide he'd like to have sex with her, and if she's not willing then he decides to rape her, and then he puts his hands around her neck....and holds them there until she's dead. In this example it would generally be considered 'murder' as the 'intent' (not premeditation) is formed when the person chooses to strangle and keeps on going despite knowing the victim is going to end up dead.

The Crown Court
at Kingston Upon Hull
Daily Courtroom List for Thursday 31 October 2019

Court 1 - sitting at 10:00 am
His Honour Judge Paul Watson QC the Honorary Recorder of Hull and the E.

For Preliminary Hearing
T20197328 RELOWICZ Pawel P 16XP1092119 HOLDM

Crown Prosecution Service

What time was the spidercam footage again?
12.01 to 12.09 on 1st Feb I think - when the car drives off. But we don't see it from the start and the media reports say 20 minutes of activity so I guess from about 11.50 on the 31st. The bench where Libby was last seen is literally seconds away from spidercam.

I've assumed the unseen 10 minutes is him parking the car and getting out but it could mean anything. For all we know he could have parked there hours before and the 'activity' could refer just to his returning to it. Who knows.

Thursday, October 31st:
*Preliminary Hearing – (@ 10am UK) – UK – Liberty “Libby” Anna Squire (21) (last seen Jan. 31, 2019 outside Welly Club in Hull; found Mar. 20, 2019 from Grimsby Docks in the Humber Estuary) - *Pawel Relowicz (24) arrested (2/6/19 on suspicion of abduction) officially charged (10/30/19) with murder & rape.
Was originally charged (3/18/19 & 5/10/19) with 5 counts of burglary, 4 counts of voyeurism, 3 counts of outraging public decency & 1 count of receiving stolen goods. On 8/12/19 plead guilty to 9 charges including voyeurism (4 counts), outraging public decency (2 counts) & burglary (3 counts). Relowicz jailed for eight & a half years.
10/24/19 Update: Charged (10/24/19) with murder & rape. Court appearance at the Hull Magistrates' Court on 10/30.
10/30/19 Update: Charges read to Mr Relowicz by the court clerk. She said of the first charge: “That on Feb. 1st at Hull you murdered Liberty Squire.: The second charge is one of rape in Hull between Jan. 31 & Feb. 1st, 2019. The prosecutor said because of the murder charge Relowicz must appear before a Crown court within 48 hours. Relowicz was remanded in custody and is to appear at a Hull Crown Court at 10am tomorrow, 10/31. He was not asked to indicate any pleas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4