GUILTY FL - Nicole Montalvo, 35, failed to pick up her son from school, St. Cloud, 21 Oct 2019 *arrests*

I can't link of course but her twin brother wrote a beautiful post on his facebook dedicated to Nicole's memory. The post also mentions her son, and states he is safe and won't have to experience fear again.

edit: there is a fundraiser (created by her sister in law) for Nicole's memorial and in particular for all future expenses her son might have, are we allowed to post that? was it already posted?

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/i/redirect?url=https://twitter.com/i/topics/tweet/1188994924802433024?cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&refsrc=email&t=1+1572337663830&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw==&sig=0a3b3941f50e8a8f057d7db42a215d28411933ef&iid=02ec3a43763f4bd984533846c1eb76bd&uid=1152517508022329344&nid=244+272699393
@becharareports
Vigil in St. Cloud’s Lakefront Park shows how family and friends remember Nicole Montalvo. A mother whose remains were found in two different properties owned by her husband and his family.

@MyNews13 #News13Osceola #NicoleMontalvo #StCloud

This is the first I’ve seen that the remains in the second location were also Nicole’s
@oviedo, since the remains at second location were also Nicole's I guess this means that the second property info can now be brought on thread.

I keep trying to figure out what 'business' the father/son might have been involved with and I'm not having luck. I keep going back to when NM was beat up by STBX and Rocker and how they took her credit cards and $40 in cash I believe. Maybe money was an issue here between the STBX and NM? Trying to look at motive beyond the custody dispute possibility.
MOO

@oviedo, since the remains at second location were also Nicole's I guess this means that the second property info can now be brought on thread.

I keep trying to figure out what 'business' the father/son might have been involved with and I'm not having luck. I keep going back to when NM was beat up by STBX and Rocker and how they took her credit cards and $40 in cash I believe. Maybe money was an issue here between the STBX and NM? Trying to look at motive beyond the custody dispute possibility.
MOO

afitzy, do we have any sheriff footage indicating BOTH properties had her remains? The Channel 6 footage with sheriff talking DID indicate it was owned by Rivera family, so I think it is OK for me to post - will do in a few moments.

MOO
I wonder if he was behind in child support? Although FL encourages a 50/50 custody schedule - the docket should show if there was an action to collect support.

It appears the family was involved in several different businesses according to sunbiz.org. Perhaps one of them was an income generator? 501(c)3's should have tax returns online - I found a link some time ago for another case - will try to find it again.

Estranged Husband Charged in Murder of Nicole Montalvo Held Without Bond
snipped BBM
On Sunday, investigators uncovered what they believe to be more human remains at the Rivera’s property on Henry J. Avenue, Gibson said. That property is a few blocks from their home on Hixon Avenue.

Investigators say the human remains they uncovered on that property Friday, belong to her. And the possible human remains investigators found on Henry J. Avenue are also on the Rivera's land.

afitzy, do we have any sheriff footage indicating BOTH properties had her remains? The Channel 6 footage with sheriff talking DID indicate it was owned by Rivera family, so I think it is OK for me to post - will do in a few moments.

Sheriff DID report that the property on Henry J did belong to the Rivera family. This is the only property I found on that street with the Rivera last name AND with the Hixon mailing address. Note that the parcel of land also has a small pond. (Property Search | Osceola County Property Appraiser)

Attachments

• 362630509000010455.pdf
    398.1 KB · Views: 8
  • parcel.jpg
    parcel.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 40
  • map.jpg
    map.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 40
Suspect in missing mom's death admitted to violating injunction, deputies say
On Tuesday, deputies released documents pertaining to the case of Nicole Montalvo, whose remains were found Friday at the home where her estranged husband, 31-year-old Christopher Otero-Rivera, lives with his parents on Hixon Avenue in St. Cloud.

[...]

Records show that during the investigation, Otero-Rivera admitted to texting and having phone conversations with Montalvo on Oct. 18, which violated the terms of a domestic violence injunction that had been in place since Oct. 16, 2018.

[...]

Records show deputies found a plastic Powerade bottle with 75 rounds of ammunition and three Winchester shotguns inside the home. That was enough to charge Rivera with possession of a weapon by a convicted felon, investigators said.

The report said the day Montalvo's remains were found, the Rivera family made multiple visits to their bank. Family members also made comments in the past about how often they leave the country, which deputies said led them to believe that Rivera was a flight risk.

Authorities have not released information about how Montalvo died or what evidence led them to charge both men with first-degree murder.

MOO

I'm guessing his taking her money and cards was just one more act of control,I'm sure he knew that was probably all she had.

Yes, I will dig it up. It was the last press stmt by the sheriff where he said the remains were found at the second location.

Edit: there is a fundraiser (created by her sister in law) for Nicole's memorial and in particular for all future expenses her son might have, are we allowed to post that? was it already posted?
^^sbm

Sorry - they are not allowed to be posted on thread. Memorial funds and donation sites violate TOS as WS is not in the position to verify the legitimate fund raising from the frauds.

^^sbm

Sorry - they are not allowed to be posted on thread. Memorial funds and donation sites violate TOS as WS is not in the position to verify the legitimate fund raising from the frauds.

Yep, thank you for replying.

Whenever there is a case I feel a strong personal connection to even though we can’t link, by mentioning the simple fact that there is a fundraiser can help the family in a “roundabout” way IYKWIM (we are sleuths after all so I’m sure one could find it if they wanted to ;)).

<<Sorry to make my post appear that it was only in response to you @Seattle1, didn’t mean to single you out. For some reason I’ve had trouble multi quoting all day>>

Court Docs: Slain Woman's Estranged Husband was Wearing Ankle Monitor

"The heavily redacted documents, which include arrest warrants and affidavits dated Monday, were issued by the Florida Department of Corrections and the Ninth Judicial Circuit of Orange and Osceola counties and pertain to Christopher J. Otero-Rivera and his father, Angel Luis Rivera.

The ankle bracelet for Otero-Rivera, who is Montalvo's husband, had been ordered by the court for a 2018 domestic violence incident involving the couple. However, since the suspected murder location is at his parents' St. Cloud home, where he was living, it’s not clear whether his travels would have set off any alerts."

10/28/2019 ARRAIGNMENT SET FOR 11/22/2019 AT 8:15 AM IN 4E BEFORE JUDGE: ARENDAS, CHRISTINE E

blank_clear.gif
10/28/2019 JAIL ARRAIGNMENT SET FOR 11/07/2019 AT 8:05 AM IN 5B BEFORE JUDGE: EPPERSON, HAL C JR

https://courts.osceolaclerk.com/Ben...Details/2956766?digest=pK4LmQGyQETuMexz07Y5UQ

Last edited:
And I’m still so very angry that this has happened to a loving mother - we have a broken system IMO

And again thank you to Osceola County sheriff for your quick work on securing that property and finding her remains - wish the same could have been done for Michelle Parker
jMO

All that ammunition leads me to believe he was involved in some other things. Why do women get involved with douchebags and scum? They know this too though and continue to be around scum.

No protective order and system can help somebody who chooses to hang with scum.

It is also important to note the family of the accused leaves the country often they say.

Wow. Talk about real winners. Wonder what they're involved in.

It is also important to note the family of the accused leaves the country often they say.

Wow. Talk about real winners. Wonder what they're involved in.
Has anyone read anything or heard anything on the news about where the family might have been travelling? I keep trying to figure this out and am not having success.
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back