Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m leaning toward her meeting someone that night. I mean she just came back from a dear friend of the family’s tragic funeral, so she was probably exhausted physically and emotionally, yet she went out for some reason anyway.
Knowing she had to work early the next morning, I think she was excited about seeing this person, whoever it was.
She could’ve easily canceled and made plans another time, but she didn’t. MOO of course!

I'm thinking her plans evolved as she realized how late it was going to be by the time she made it back to Auburn that evening. College students usually meet up with someone that they're meeting for the first time in a low commitment scenario (we both have our own transportation, there's no expectation that either party has committed to spend an entire evening together). So maybe they were just meeting for a brief face-to-face on her route home from her brother's?

This would explain why she didn't go home/change/freshen up after dropping off her brother.

Has it been reported anywhere that Summer is her roommate? or was that snapchat message to someone else? Also
snapchat messages disappear after a short while. ( not sure the exact time think it is based on the users settings) Curious if there is proof of this snapchat exchange or if the conversation was recalled from memory.

Good point. The snap exchange could definitely be from recall.

This entire event has taken my anxiety level up a zillion notches. I have a freshman at Auburn and I swear they better be increasing campus security there as well as the entire city. Aniah is missing and also 21 year old Chih-Kai Lai. Why isnt he getting this much coverage. His life matters just as much as Aniahs. Every life matters.

This entire event has taken my anxiety level up a zillion notches. I have a freshman at Auburn and I swear they better be increasing campus security there as well as the entire city. Aniah is missing and also 21 year old Chih-Kai Lai. Why isnt he getting this much coverage. His life matters just as much as Aniahs. Every life matters.

I agree. I wasn't familiar with Chih's case prior to this week. Maybe his family isn't local or didn't use social media to solicit help so his disappearance didn't have nearly the amount of exposure? I'm not sure. But yes, Chih-Kai-Lai matters and needs advocacy too.

I agree. I wasn't familiar with Chih's case prior to this week. Maybe his family isn't local or didn't use social media to solicit help so his disappearance didn't have nearly the amount of exposure? I'm not sure. But yes, Chih-Kai-Lai matters and needs advocacy too.

My anxiety level is up too! I'm an Auburn University and Homewood High School alum as well and our community is devastated for this family : (

Timeline of Aniah Blanchard’s disappearance
Wednesday, Oct. 23

Just before midnight on Wednesday, Blanchard spoke with her friend on the phone. That was the last time anyone heard from her.

Thursday, Oct. 24
On Thursday, a missing person’s report was filed with the Auburn Police Department.

Friday, Oct. 25
The following night, Friday, Oct. 25, Blanchard’s 2017 Honda CRV was found at an apartment complex in Montgomery, about an hour west of Auburn. When the vehicle was found, it was damaged, and according to police, the damage happened sometime between Wednesday and Friday night.

Sunday, Oct. 27
On Sunday, a vigil was held for the teen, who, according to her mother, was with a man the night she went missing.

Monday, Oct. 28
On Monday, APD released surveillance video that shows Blanchard at a convenience store on South College Street in Auburn on Wednesday.
The video was recorded just before her vehicle was seen traveling southbound on South College Street around 12:30 a.m.

Last edited:
‎Crime Stories with Nancy Grace: HELP BRING ANIAH BLANCHARD HOME! Beautiful teen college student missing after Snapchatting with roommate about new friend. on Apple Podcasts

Just listing to the podcast with her parents. at 12:20 it sounds like a friend of the room mate is being interviewed and it sounds like they clearly know the name of the person she was supposedly with. She is about to say their name then stops her self and say's " i don't think i should give any names"

Why would she hold back the name of the person?
Just wanted to share this again to get the names of the people interviewed in our thread.

An Alabama college student mysteriously disappears without a trace. Aniah Blanchard, 19, has not been seen since October 23. Police suspect foul play after finding her damaged and abandoned car around 55 miles from her Montgomery apartment complex. Where is Aniah?

Joining Nancy Grace today to discuss the case:

Walt Harris, Aniah's stepfather and former UFC Heavyweight fighterAngela Harris, Aniah's motherElijah Blanchard, Aniah's fatherJeff Cortese, Former Special Agent FBICaryn Stark, Psychologist Karen Smith, Forensics Expert , Founder - Bare Bones ConsultingAshley Gooden, ABC 33/40 WBMA Birmingham Reporter

Anyone with information is asked to call the Auburn Police Division Detective Section at 334-501-3140, the anonymous tip line at 334-246-1391 or the 24-hour non-emergency number at 334-501-3100

Can we add:
Time she dropped her brother off.
Time her phone went dark.

Approx. 11:00 pm: Aniah dropped her brother off at his place in Auburn
11:20 pm: Purchased chips at Chevron
11:30 pm: Communicated with roommate via Snapchat text
11:57 pm: Phone went dark
12:30 am: Aniah’s license plate pinged off a traffic light around the South College area in Auburn.

I’m leaning toward her meeting someone that night. I mean she just came back from a dear friend of the family’s tragic funeral, so she was probably exhausted physically and emotionally, yet she went out for some reason anyway.
Knowing she had to work early the next morning, I think she was excited about seeing this person, whoever it was.
She could’ve easily canceled and made plans another time, but she didn’t. MOO of course!

Approx. 11:00 pm: Aniah dropped her brother off at his place in Auburn
11:20 pm: Purchased chips at Chevron
11:30 pm: Communicated with roommate via Snapchat text
11:57 pm: Phone went dark
12:30 am: Aniah’s license plate pinged off a traffic light around the South College area in Auburn.

I also lean towards her meeting someone that night.

If she dropped her brother off at his house around 11:00pm, in MOO, I think the timeline checks out for her to go to the Chevron after that and purchase the chips between the window of 11:00pm-11:20pm and that she did this before meeting the person in question.

From her debit purchase at 11:20pm until the Snap Chat conversation at 11:30pm to her roommate, that would be enough time to drive somewhere to meet someone in Auburn relatively close to campus. In her mother's interview with WBRC she states her phone went dark at 11:47pm and that LE knew the location of the last ping, which I don't believe was not revealed. I can't recall if I read anywhere that she told her roommate her phone was dying.

I keep going over the timeline as we know it right now.
11:00 She dropped off her brother. He suggested that she not go out, she was tired, and had to work the next morning. How far does he live from the Chevron station?
11:20 She is buying chips, her favorite late night snack at the Chevron. It is highly unlikely she had time to go to the Sky Bar area between dropping off her brother and going to the Chevron station. Is she taking his advice and heading home?
Sometime between 11:30 and shortly before midnight (depending on which reports you read.). Aniah snapchats her roommate and she has met “Eric”.
12:30 Her vehicle is seen on South College near I85. This is approximately 5 minutes from the Chevron.
This gives us a window of 30-60 minutes that we do not know where she was or what she was doing.
Did she leave the Chevron, go towards the bar area, meet Eric and tell him she was going to head home? Did she offer him a ride?
Did she meet Eric at the Chevron station and spend time chatting with him?
Did Eric accost her as she left the Chevron Station?
Because of the number of video cameras in this area, I think LE has a good idea of what transpired in that missing hour. They may be tracking down the suspect and putting the rest of the case together, otherwise, they would be showing us photos and asking if anyone could ID him.
MHO

I also lean towards her meeting someone that night.

If she dropped her brother off at his house around 11:00pm, in MOO, I think the timeline checks out for her to go to the Chevron after that and purchase the chips between the window of 11:00pm-11:20pm and that she did this before meeting the person in question.

From her debit purchase at 11:20pm until the Snap Chat conversation at 11:30pm to her roommate, that would be enough time to drive somewhere to meet someone in Auburn relatively close to campus. In her mother's interview with WBRC she states her phone went dark at 11:47pm and that LE knew the location of the last ping, which I don't believe was not revealed. I can't recall if I read anywhere that she told her roommate her phone was dying.
Great minds think alike. I was writing my post as you were writing yours.

KF5X26QVOJBDPHR4C2D7I245FA.jpg

AUBURN, Ala. (WTVM) - The Auburn Police Division is asking the public for assistance locating a missing woman.

19-year-old Aniah Haley Blanchard reportedly last communicated with a friend on Wednesday, Oct. 23, just before midnight.

More at Auburn police searching for missing 19-year-old woman

Her fb Aniah Blanchard

From the page:
The Auburn Police Division, as part of the ongoing joint investigation with the Montgomery Police Department, is releasing a snippet of a video capturing Aniah Haley Blanchard making a purchase at a convenience store located on South College Street, on Wednesday, Oct. 23, just prior to her vehicle being observed traveling south bound on South College Street.

Assisting with the investigation are the Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S. Marshal Service, the Department of Homeland Security, the Lee County District Attorney’s Office, Montgomery County Sheriff’s Department, Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, Alabama Fusion Center and the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences.
I’m adding and quoting the timeline I started.

6:30 •••left funeral in Winfield
8:30 •••left Homewood with brother
9:21 ••••Walt Venmo’s money
11:00 •••Drops brother Elijah off

11:20 •••Debit Card used at chevron (in Auburn)
mentioned by mom, and on podcast. First night they were sitting in parking lot with friends trying to do something. They couldn’t get into her Venmo but did get into her email and saw the Venmo purchase in her email for $2.17 and they told LE.

11:30••••or 11ish snapchatting with roommate.

NG asks if they were just texts, not pictures and she says yes.
Roomate... are you almost home?
Where are you ?
AB I am with ....
Roommate: I wish you’d let me know I’ve waited up on you. I’m going to bed, I love you.
NG- did she have boyfriend?
AH- No, she has boys she’s friended.

WH & AH- First few days they (LE) were giving information, now, they are having to call for information. Feels like they are having to fish information.

Just before midnight chevron purchase(was original timeframe said by LE- I don’t know if this is the 11:20 or another use)

11:57 phone turned off (went dark) time mentioned in first video of parents.

12:30 car spotted on college and I 85
(license plate pinged) from this article. First article in thread. I don’t know why 12:30 has changed to what they are saying now. I’m quoting original article and current statements.
Auburn police searching for missing 19-year-old woman

Her vehicle was last seen Oct, 24 at around 12:30 a.m. in the area of South College Street and Interstate 85 in Auburn.

And when they released the video inside the store, they said:

From the page:
The Auburn Police Division, as part of the ongoing joint investigation with the Montgomery Police Department, is releasing a snippet of a video capturing Aniah Haley Blanchard making a purchase at a convenience store located on South College Street, on Wednesday, Oct. 23, just prior to her vehicle being observed traveling south bound on South College Street.
—————————-

(IMHO there is a big gap between 11:20 and 12:30)

Adding that Walt said on the podcast that they expected a briefing today about what was found in vehicle.

I’m quoting myself to show what I believe the timeline to be. Although I am confused about the 11:20 transaction her mom mentions and the just before midnight purchase mention by LE. I don’t know if they are different or the same.

8:30 left Homewood with brother
9:21. Walt Venmo’s money
11:00 Drops brother Elijah off
11:20 Debit Card used location pinged by LE (in Auburn) mentioned by mom
Just before midnight chevron purchase

11:57 phone turned off (went dark)
12:30 car spotted on college and I 85[/QU
OTE]

Timeline of Aniah Blanchard’s disappearance
Wednesday, Oct. 23

Just before midnight on Wednesday, Blanchard spoke with her friend on the phone. That was the last time anyone heard from her.

Thursday, Oct. 24
On Thursday, a missing person’s report was filed with the Auburn Police Department.

Friday, Oct. 25
The following night, Friday, Oct. 25, Blanchard’s 2017 Honda CRV was found at an apartment complex in Montgomery, about an hour west of Auburn. When the vehicle was found, it was damaged, and according to police, the damage happened sometime between Wednesday and Friday night.

Sunday, Oct. 27
On Sunday, a vigil was held for the teen, who, according to her mother, was with a man the night she went missing.

Monday, Oct. 28
On Monday, APD released surveillance video that shows Blanchard at a convenience store on South College Street in Auburn on Wednesday.
The video was recorded just before her vehicle was seen traveling southbound on South College Street around 12:30 a.m.

I like your timeline .. one correction I don’t know that Aniah SPOKE with her roommate. It was said she texted with her on Snapchat.

I wish I’d quit writing my timeline and looked at posts! You had it covered.
Has it been reported anywhere that Summer is her roommate? or was that snapchat message to someone else? Also
snapchat messages disappear after a short while. ( not sure the exact time think it is based on the users settings) Curious if there is proof of this snapchat exchange or if the conversation was recalled from memory.
The podcast did say summer was her roommate. At least I think it was there! I know for sure I heard/read/or saw that confirmed in msm in videos I was reviewing tonight.

I keep going over the timeline as we know it right now.
11:00 She dropped off her brother. He suggested that she not go out, she was tired, and had to work the next morning. How far does he live from the Chevron station?
11:20 She is buying chips, her favorite late night snack at the Chevron. It is highly unlikely she had time to go to the Sky Bar area between dropping off her brother and going to the Chevron station. Is she taking his advice and heading home?
Sometime between 11:30 and shortly before midnight (depending on which reports you read.). Aniah snapchats her roommate and she has met “Eric”.
12:30 Her vehicle is seen on South College near I85. This is approximately 5 minutes from the Chevron.
This gives us a window of 30-60 minutes that we do not know where she was or what she was doing.
Did she leave the Chevron, go towards the bar area, meet Eric and tell him she was going to head home? Did she offer him a ride?
Did she meet Eric at the Chevron station and spend time chatting with him?
Did Eric accost her as she left the Chevron Station?
Because of the number of video cameras in this area, I think LE has a good idea of what transpired in that missing hour. They may be tracking down the suspect and putting the rest of the case together, otherwise, they would be showing us photos and asking if anyone could ID him.
MHO
I *think* her mom said the type of chips on the podcast if I remember. I think it was salt and vinegar? Personally, I don’t know anyone comfortable with eating chips before meeting a guy for the first time that they are interested in. Tells me she might not have been planning to meet anyone and the snap was sent by her abductor. What I noticed is that the roommate snapped Aniah first asking if she was almost home. That would make an abductor feel like they should respond to keep Roomie off their tail.

And yea, I think they know if there was an Eric, and hopefully who he was. There is likely dna in that car. I would expect they have that now as well.

Love the username- Family Affair was one of my favorites as a kid!

I hear you both. Most men on here do not get much attention at all. I have three cases that I keep trying to keep their names posted as much as possible, and others also try to help by keeping their threads alive.

Most people just assume the guys get drunk and fall in a river. Yes, that has occurred in several cases for sure. Still, that guy is someone's son, grandson, sibling, nephew, friend. He deserves to be found, hopefully alive, but if not, for the family's sake so they have an idea what happened to them. It kind of upsets me that the men get nary a spot on here.

Anyhow, I didn't mean to derail Aniah's thread. I don't get any good vibes about her being alive at this point, and that breaks my heart. We can still hope that she will be found alive.

So if she's with Eric during the 11:30 texts, and her car is still mobile in Auburn at 12:30 when her tagged is scanned, what is she or she & Eric doing?
I guess it depends on who Eric was?

1.Was he a fake name for a real abductor given by the abductor? If so, I don’t want to think about what happened.

2. Was it a real name and person and something bad happened at his hands?
a. If real, was he a student? Meet at his place? Meet somewhere unknown to us?
b. If real, was he a graduate or visitor and staying in a hotel? Meet at hotel? Hotel bar?

3. Did she meet a real Eric and then leave town and something bad happened on way home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member