Found Safe NC - Allyson Nicole Oxendine, 3, Laurel Hill, 30 Oct 2019

Here in NC, our statewide Amber Alerts don’t have to mean there’s been an abduction. It could just simply be an endangered missing child. The screen shot attached is from the NCDPS website but I’ll have to add the link in the morning (it’s still up on my laptop & I can’t find it using my phone).
To me, that is an abuse of the Amber Alert system because it is not the same as being lost. Believe me, I do sympathize with any child that is lost and there are alerts for children who are lost and missing.

Although I have a sneaky feeling with some comments I've seen on some FB pages and news articles that I posted, that LE has a good reason for putting one out, after several hours of searching for her.

I might add, details keep on changing......and some of them aren't minor ones.

I’m in Charlotte, so less than 2 hours from Laurel Hill. It rained - but not pouring - all day here. Most of the state is under a severe weather alert for tonight and into tomorrow, with tornadoes forecast in some places.

The attached map is a forecast for tomorrow, released by WCNCs Brad Panovich.

So it was raining where Allison went missing? Yet she was outside with Crocs on and her father was at a clothes line (that was the original story.......). Color me confused!

Thanks for the info.

If that incarceration record could be found, could it be posted here? I thought sleuthing family was against TOS. I’ll be going down the rabbit hole eventually; just didn’t think findings (whatever those end up being) could be shared here.

So it was raining where Allison went missing? Yet she was outside with Crocs on and her father was at a clothes line (that was the original story.......). Color me confused!

Thanks for the info.

I’m very confused, as well! More so about the clothesline - who hangs clothes on a rainy day? But perhaps he was just standing near it?

If that incarceration record could be found, could it be posted here? I thought sleuthing family was against TOS. I’ll be going down the rabbit hole eventually; just didn’t think findings (whatever those end up being) could be shared here.

No, as of right now they cannot be posted. If someone is named a POI that would change...until then we all can just sleuth below the board so to speak.

To me, that is an abuse of the Amber Alert system because it is not the same as being lost. Believe me, I do sympathize with any child that is lost and there are alerts for children who are lost and missing.

Although I have a sneaky feeling with some comments I've seen on some FB pages and news articles that I posted, that LE has a good reason for putting one out, after several hours of searching for her.

I might add, details keep on changing......and some of them aren't minor ones.

I agree on the changing details. They do seem to be major. I’m hoping for a presser tomorrow to clarify what has been released but I haven’t seen that one has been scheduled.

As for the alert, I think it’s great that we put one out for missing/endangered children. It is misleading since national Amber Alerts are for abductions so perhaps the name of NC’s should be changed. Or more states should get on board with us? I don’t know what the solution for that discrepancy would be.

No, we can't discuss it here yet, unless said person becomes a suspect.

I believe we are all a little “curious” as to the ever changing facts but I am anxious to hear from LE.

Over the years I’ve become skeptical of MSM & reporting. Not that it’s malicious but we’ve likely all seen stories reported by reputable news sources that turn out to provide misinformation. Some more egregious than others (still remember when I posted on an AA thread here that 2 kiddos had been found safe because of news reports but they’d actually just been found & killed by their mother).

I believe we are all a little “curious” as to the ever changing facts but I am anxious to hear from LE.

Over the years I’ve become skeptical of MSM & reporting. Not that it’s malicious but we’ve likely all seen stories reported by reputable news sources that turn out to provide misinformation. Some more egregious than others (still remember when I posted on an AA thread here that 2 kiddos had been found safe because of news reports but they’d actually been killed by their mother).

This is exactly why I’m hoping there will be a presser tomorrow/later today (since it’s already 10/31/19 in NC).

So is she with two doggies or are they on her shoes?
We know she didn't disappear this morning, so the news source has the date of Oct 31st wrong.
Funny how they aren't naming the parents and no plea for a safe return? No LE updates?

Somethings stinking in Denmark.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back