GUILTY Australia - Aiia Masarwe, 21, Israeli exchange student, murdered, Melbourne, Jan 2019 *ARREST*

'“

This still infuriates me. He was granted a home!.. he was not homeless!.. The house was demolished once he was arrested, but that was because he made a pigsty out of it, defacing and vandalizing it, he could have eaten 10 times a day if he hadn't spent his money on chocolate milk, croissants and cannabis. He had a shower and a bath in that home, and water supplied and a discounted hot water bill!

I did not know this, I thought he was squatting.

In the past few weeks the bushes where Aiia took her final breath have been removed and cleared away, the area is more open.

‘So bleak as to defy description’: confronting the life of Aiia Maasarwe's killer

This is heavy reading, but it comes down to this, really...

'Carroll’s evidence was that Herrmann’s personality disorder seriously affected his ability to make judgments and was, with other factors, the underlying reason for the murder. It was an “eruption of suppressed rage” that had built for years. It erupted for some unknown reason on that night, against an innocent woman, with no known trigger. “This is the manifestation of male rage towards a female.”

Just another way of saying, well... blokes get all this suppressed rage, it builds up for years, and then, for some unknown reason, some innocent woman pays for all this.. …

People.. .

I am in no position to make a call which way the judge is going to lean. There is a point in a community where his rage, and his disorders are not something anyone can solve, and neither are we prepared to allow women to pay the price for it. ..

I did not know this, I thought he was squatting.

In the past few weeks the bushes where Aiia took her final breath have been removed and cleared away, the area is more open.
no. that awful house was part of crisis accommodation, he had been living there for a while... way back , it was said to be 3 months, his sister had lived in that place also, I believe.

The sister isn't around any more, more collateral damage, she was a standup kind of gal, ..

Patrick Bourke is arguing that the utter viciousness of it all , the randomness, the fact that he still 'doesn't know' where he got the pipe, and the WD40 that he set her alight with goes to lack of remorse and insight...

( from the article above ) ….

Bourke argued that the very randomness, the brutality, the lack of any motive made this the worst kind of murder justifying a life sentence. The O’Neill decision was correct and Hollingworth sitting as a single judge was bound to follow it. There was “no evidence of the present personality disorder having a causative connection, contribution to the commission of this offence against this girl on this night”.

If a trial is in some way an expression of community feeling and shifting attitudes, perhaps we are at a point where such crimes will be punished by 50 or 60 years in jail, even if they did not attract such severe sentences in the past.

no. that awful house was part of crisis accommodation, he had been living there for a while... way back , it was said to be 3 months, his sister had lived in that place also, I believe.

The sister isn't around any more, more collateral damage, she was a standup kind of gal, ..
Yes, awful for his sister.
I know a few people who are friends with her.

Melbourne is making a name for itself with sexual violence and murders against women in parks.
Away we go again...

The man approached her and asked for help to find something he had lost, before pulling a knife on her. He then pushed her to the ground and sexually assaulted her.

The woman managed to grab the knife, stab her attacker, and run away.
The assault has echoes of a series of attacks on women in public in Melbourne in the past few years.
Comedian Eurydice Dixon, 22, was raped and murdered in Princes Park in June 2018.
In January, Aiia Maasaarwe was attacked and killed as she walked home in Bundoora and Courtney Herron, 25, was bashed to death in Royal Park in May.

Melbourne woman sexually assaulted at knifepoint while walking dog

A medical fellowship program will be launched in the name of international student Aiia Maasarwe who was raped and murdered when living in Melbourne.
The 21-year-old's devastated father, Saeed Maasarwe, will launch the fellowship in late November, it was announced today.
The Aiia Maasarwe Memorial Medical Fellowship Program is set to provide financial support to Palestinian physicians training in Israeli hospitals
Fellowship named after murdered Arab-Israeli student Aiia Maasarwe

Aiia Maasarwe's sister says she feels 'very unsafe' in Melbourne

'The 21-year-old Palestinian citizen of Israel was on a year-long exchange from her university in Shanghai.

Her sister, Noor Maasarwe, said she and her father had been very excited to visit her in Melbourne in a trip planned for just five days after her murder.

Now, she said she felt "very unsafe" in the city that had once been her sister's home.'

Sentencing for man who raped and murdered Aiia Maasarwe
Oct 29, 2019
Codey Herrmann is set to learn how long he'll spend in jail for the rape and murder of an international student as she walked home through suburban Melbourne.
The killer beat 21-year-old Aiia Maasarwe over the head with a metal pole at least 13 times, sexually assaulted her, covered her with flammable WD-40 spray and set her on fire at Bundoora on January 16.

Her final words were "you piece of s***" in Arabic.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/aiia-maasarwe-killer-codey-herrmann-faces-court-melbourne-news-update/fd511377-03bc-48b1-bb93-e63028b03f1e

Aiia’s brutal killer to be sentenced

The man who raped and murdered Israeli-based exchange student Aiia Maasarwe as she walked home alone in Melbourne’s north on January 16 has been sentenced to 36 years in prison with a non-parole period of 30 years.

Codey Herrmann, 21, was sentenced in the Supreme Court of Victoria today for brutally hitting Ms Maasarwe over the head with a metal pole at least 13 times and raping her behind a small hedge before setting her body and clothes on fire.

Herrman has already spent 283 days in custody, making him eligible for parole in 2049.

Aiia’s brutal killer to be sentenced

The man who raped and murdered Israeli-based exchange student Aiia Maasarwe as she walked home alone in Melbourne’s north on January 16 has been sentenced to 36 years in prison with a non-parole period of 30 years.

Codey Herrmann, 21, was sentenced in the Supreme Court of Victoria today for brutally hitting Ms Maasarwe over the head with a metal pole at least 13 times and raping her behind a small hedge before setting her body and clothes on fire.

Herrman has already spent 283 days in custody, making him eligible for parole in 2049.

Great.
I was worried, he would be out within a few years, due to his background, and 'mental state'.

Great.
I was worried, he would be out within a few years, due to his background, and 'mental state'.

Like with all these cases I'm sure we'd all rather life, never to be released. But 30 years non-parole is significant. But, the problem with these sentences is that a 50-something year old can still harm another woman the minute he steps outside jail :mad:

'Utter contempt for her dignity': 36 years' jail for Aiia Maasarwe's murderer

36 years... That is not going to solve his 'personality disorder' or his inclination to indulge himself in his ' spontaneous rage against women'. now, is it? ..

It's a chicken hearted sentence. He will probably, after 36 years of 3 regular meals a day, calculated by a dietitian, cooked by a chef, programmed exercise hours, no stress of a job to attend, etc, be well and truly in the prime of his life when released..

'Utter contempt for her dignity': 36 years' jail for Aiia Maasarwe's murderer

36 years... That is not going to solve his 'personality disorder' or his inclination to indulge himself in his ' spontaneous rage against women'. now, is it? ..

It's a chicken hearted sentence. He will probably, after 36 years of 3 regular meals a day, calculated by a dietitian, cooked by a chef, programmed exercise hours, no stress of a job to attend, etc, be well and truly in the prime of his life when released..

The world will be such a different place then, he’ll have no work experience, who’d employ him?
He’s the type who’d prefer gaol and IMO he’ll hit the Hood and find his ‘style’ and offend again to have those 3 square meals and a bed.

Watch this space in 30 years and hopefully society will have some memory of this filth to strive to keep him behind bars because what will ‘his spontaneous rage against women' be like after all those years.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...ulpability-supreme-court-20191030-p535qd.html

Hands up anyone who didn't see the consequences of this judicial decision? .. probably, there won't be much notice taken of it, unless, and until young men in their prime are the target of other young men with a 'personality disorder. Currently , the 'popular 'target is young women, …

I disagree strongly with this sentence, .. writing to the Justice Dept of the Supreme Court, Victoria doesn't do much for me, but I did it anyways...

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...ulpability-supreme-court-20191030-p535qd.html

Hands up anyone who didn't see the consequences of this judicial decision? .. probably, there won't be much notice taken of it, unless, and until young men in their prime are the target of other young men with a 'personality disorder. Currently , the 'popular 'target is young women, …

I disagree strongly with this sentence, .. writing to the Justice Dept of the Supreme Court, Victoria doesn't do much for me, but I did it anyways...

It’s this that worries me Troops.
‘his spontaneous rage against women’

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie