Found Deceased Cambodia - Amelia Bambridge, 21, UK backpacker, Koh Rong, 23 Oct 2019

I wonder if the Police Beach resort had another party last night? They are usually on Saturdays and Wednesdays. I think the one last Saturday did not happen iirc.

It might be a good opportunity to get ahold of people who were there last Wednesday too and ask them questions.

I suppose she "left" the party after she sent a 3:30AM image to her sister, and was never seen again. Her purse (shoulder bag) was left at the bar, she walked away - maybe to go to the bathroom. Maybe she asked a friend or a bartender to watch her bag and didn't

Dime bags flowed in Maui. Everyone was stoned, but it wasn't a public thing, it was more along the lines of private invitations to get stoned.

Other than pot, what other drugs are mentioned?
What are the drinking water sources for these islands, wells or catch tanks? Also what is the sewage system? Are they holding tanks, or septic systems?
What I am really asking is, are there above or below ground tanks her body could have been dropped into?
Nice work there Mersault.

The thing is, nobody would be looking:- everyone is in the venue partying and it would probably be too dark to see with the contrast anyway.

Cambodian men know this area will attract alot of drunk female tourists with scores of opportunities. I suspect eyes from the surrounding jungle were on the venue or the nearby paths looking to spot any vulnerable women wondering/staggering off alone.

Mersault, I am toying with the idea that she could have been muzzled and kidnapped by a local man on the island, is being held captive in a house on the island for a sex slave. How plausable do you think is this?.

The police you would think would not conduct routine house searches unless they had reason to do so.

I'm thinking the local abductor may have either placed the bag at the location where Amelia was captured or he returned later the following night when there was no club night on at police beach, and just implicated the bag then in the early hours.

Excellent post. You know when you said you suspect eyes from the surrounding jungle would be on the venue, what did you mean? I. E. human or creature? Hope I'm not being a bit thick?!

A remote island paradise where a British backpacker mysteriously disappeared last week has a dark and deadly history.

Since 2013, the jungle-covered island of Koh Rong in Cambodia has seen a spate of horror attacks on tourists, including at least one murder. Others have been violently robbed and assaulted or found dead in suspicious or bizarre circumstances.

Ms Bambridge’s disappearance comes almost exactly five years after an American tourist vanished in mysterious circumstances, only to be found murdered.

Palm Springs massage therapist Katherine Grgich, 55, was last seen in her hotel room on September 28, 2013. Her body was found five days later, partially clothed and with her throat slit, in the forest three kilometres away.

The case remains unresolved, with Ms Grgich’s family and friends accusing island police of trying to cover up the crime by passing it off as death by misadventure.

Another tourist visiting the island at the time described the horror of discovering the American’s body.

“On the first night, we were in a bar where they announced that an American woman named Katherine (same name as me) had been missing for around five days and they were having a search party the following morning,” account Katherine2707 said in a post to TripAdvisor.

“Obviously, I had to try my best to help, so me and my friend went along. After trekking through the forest for over two hours, we decided to turn back to the beach, until we were stopped by some local men.

“Knowing very little English, they were trying to tell us that they had found her, so we followed them. To my horror, we had found her. Hardly any clothes on, throat had been cut and had been left there for days.

“Words cannot describe seeing this, I was in absolute shock. We told them they needed to ring the Cambodian police. We decided to leave the island that day, as we didn’t feel safe. We left our details with the search party for future reference, which is a good job.

“Less than a week later, we decided to look up what had happened after Katherine’s body was found. To our disbelief, we found an article saying that it was an accident. IT WAS NOT AN ACCIDENT!!

“We urgently got in touch with the US embassy to write statements on what we saw and found. Despite all of this, justice still hasn’t been found and Katherine’s killer is still out there.”

In 2015, dual British Canadian citizen Michael Hay, 26, and his friend 49-year-old Finnish national Jouni Niemi, were robbed and assaulted at Koh Rong’s Broken Heart Guesthouse in an attack so violent they almost died.

According to the Khmer Times, the victims were transporting a bag of cash and valuables from reception to Mr Niemi’s bungalow when they were ambushed by a gang armed with torches, batons and a dumbbell.

“The two employees who stayed at the reception area could not see or hear past a thick cover of trees around the bungalow,” the paper said, quoting a witness.

“The attackers allegedly blinded their victims with flashlights, then struck Mr Hay over the head. Then they beat both victims with batons, stones and a dumbbell.

“They took Mr Niemi down to the sea and nearly drowned him. His employee was left bleeding on the ground near the bungalow. The attackers fled with $US3000, a camera, and business documents from the box.

Later, a Russian employee of the guesthouse found a blood-covered laptop under the stairs of his boss’s bungalow.

Amelia Bambridge: UK tourist vanishes on Koh Rong, an island with a dark past
The suspect of Katherine Grgich murder:
635593454722733558-Cambodia-suspect-021215-2.jpg

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/02/12/calif-woman-killed-cambodia-suspect/23297191/

Brother fears his sister Amelia Bambridge may have been abducted - Khmer Times

Says in here a fisherman saw a body floating out at sea, sounds suspicious to me though

Thanks Wowno!

From your link:

The Interior Ministry’s Technical and Science Department brought in a canine team as searchers combed the jungle, while the air force sent a helicopter to search the sea around the Thai border following reports by a fisherman that he saw a body floating in the water.

“The air force agreed to use a helicopter to scour the sea to look for her,” Nuon Bunthol, governor of Koh Rong city, said. “This was our last chance to find the missing British woman.”

“We took the family members to an area where a fisherman reported he saw a body floating, but we did not see anything,” he added, noting that the helicopter search will now be called off.

Nak Phong, the fisherman who reported the tip and joined them on the search, said he had spotted a body in the waters on Sunday floating about 40 kilometres from the shore.

“I did not know whether the body was a foreigner or not; I dared not go closer,” he said.

-----

bbm

On Sunday? Why did he not report it earlier? The "body", if it was one, could be miles away by now! smh And the helicopter search has been called off just now when this potential lead comes in? My neck is starting to hurt from all the head shaking. What the? I'm actually pretty upset about this right now :mad:

On a side note, I find it quite confusing that in every photo posted of her by the media she looks completely different. I hope the local news and alerts are better at posting photos of how she actually looked at the time she went missing. This could be 5 different people:

oVrzxAY.jpg

Woah that looks like a different person in every photo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07