Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it’s going to be all one sided dribble.
Would the ABC do a hard core interview? I wonder if that’s the reason he picked them.
is Caro Meldrum-hanna still reporting for ABC.....? If so fingers crossed. She makes an innocent person squirm. True hard core investigative reporter. I honestly think that woman has nerves of steele. I have such respect for her......no wishy washy there. Hard questions. Rapid fire.

is Caro Meldrum-hanna still reporting for ABC.....? If so fingers crossed. She makes an innocent person squirm. True hard core investigative reporter. I honestly think that woman has nerves of steele. I have such respect for her......no wishy washy there. Hard questions. Rapid fire.

Sean Nicholls is going to be doing the report, according to sleep's link.

There is actually a snippet of the interview on Sean's twitter account ...... looks a bit sickening, actually. A bit of a police bashing. :rolleyes:

Sean Nicholls‏Verified account @SeanNic 4h4 hours ago
What happens when you become the chief person of interest in one of Australia’s most baffling child abduction mysteries? Bill Spedding speaks out on @4corners on Monday night.

Sean Nicholls on Twitter

Sean is a reporter with the ABC's Four Corners program. He has been reporting on state and national affairs for more than 20 years. A former news editor at the Sydney Morning Herald, he also spent seven years as NSW political editor. In 2012 Sean broke the first stories in what would become Operation Spicer, the Independent Commission Against Corruption's landmark investigation into rorting of political donations laws by the NSW Liberal Party.
Sean Nicholls

Four Corners: Nov 4

On Monday, in a Four Corners exclusive, the man wrongly accused in the William Tyrrell child abduction investigation speaks publicly for the first time.

“It’s all shattered…we’ve had no life at all.” Bill Spedding

Bill Spedding, a washing machine repair man, was accused of abducting three-year-old William Tyrrell. The little boy, dressed in a Spiderman suit, vanished without a trace in 2014 from the front yard of a family home. After initially treating his disappearance as a missing person case, the police zeroed in on Bill Spedding as their key ‘Person of Interest’, believing he had taken the child.
Looking forward to viewing this.
Personally I find ABC investigative journalism far better than the “over sensationalised” commercial station reporting... IMO

the house has sold again is what mussopossum said. Owning a "stigmatised" infamous house is not for everyone. Interesting to see if its on the market again soon

It was actually the news reporting and not my comment on that one im afraid :)

I actually met that slimey dude GW many many years ago when he was Rene rivkins dogs body......a forgettable meeting at the time. I was too fascinated by renes fat fingers working those worry beads he always had.......a tragic heartbreaking case.
I would love to read the book on the case..... as its my home town . we ran in same fashion circles........I lived and breathed my assistant stylist job ( vacuous as that seems)
. I met some odd ones through ACP magazine circle ....does anyone remember Revelle Balmain? Missing and from what i have heard murdered. I had met her too on a casting ....the Sydney fashion world is small ....really small

Great book :)

I actually have Renes book here to start reading as well.

It was a very tragic case.

Very interesting none the less the complete story.

Is she the one that did that recent Keli Lane story/investigation?

If so she was brilliant.

Is she the one that did that recent Keli Lane story/investigation?

If so she was brilliant.

Yes, Caro did the Keli Lane story. And she is an investigative reporter.

Sean Nicholls, who is doing the Spedding interview, seems to have been more of a political reporter over the years ... having stepped back from being an editor previously.

Sean is probably more appropriate for this kind of interview. If they are going to be bashing the police, it will be more 'political' than investigative. imo

Will Col be there?

From Sean Nicholls twitter post, looks like Spedding, Mags and O'Brien.
Don't know what will be said about the historical child sex charges. In the twitter video clip, Spedding says 'mr nice washing machine repair man, I'm going to come and arrest you'.

I looked on the court list, don't see his lawsuit on there at the moment. I wonder if it has been dropped/not allowed.

Last edited:
Looking forward to viewing this.
Personally I find ABC investigative journalism far better than the “over sensationalised” commercial station reporting... IMO

I too am looking forward to this segment. The inquest has brought out many examples of miss-reporting in media across the early years of this case. Choosing an ABC journalist was a wise choice.

From Sean Nicholls twitter post, looks like Spedding, Mags and O'Brien.

Don't know what will be said about the historical child sex charges. In the twitter video clip, Spedding says 'mr nice washing machine repair man, I'm going to come and arrest you'.

I looked on the court list, don't see his lawsuit on there at the moment. I wonder if it has been dropped/not allowed.
I think CleaverGreene has already enlightened us that courts don't choose which lawsuits to 'allow'? jmo.

Has the case been allowed by the Supreme Court yet?

I believe there is a period of consideration prior to bringing a case before the court for judgement?

Just wondering how many claims are denied from further action by the Supreme Court. There does not appear to be any statistics out there, from what I can see.
Last edited: Sep 18, 2019

SouthAussie, Sep 18, 2019 #487
Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #47

I’m not sure what you mean. Cases don’t get “allowed” by courts. One party files a claim, the other party files a defence and there is then argument about all sorts of things such as whether the case has been properly pleaded or defended. A timetable will be given so that the issues are properly set out and defined. There will be settlement conferences, mediations etc and if the case doesn’t resolve it will eventually go to trial.

I have no involvement with any case on Websleuths. My comments are all my opinion based on my knowledge of legal processes and general legal principles.
Cleaver Greene, Sep 18, 2019 #489
Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #47

Ummmm the little girls statements??? Never seen them have you?
They didnt make them. Their mother may have?

In a victim statement the child, now aged in her 30s, claims she was either thrown against a wall or off the bed when she woke to found herself being raped.

Court documents reveal that the mother and grandmother of the victim recall the three-year-old being greatly troubled by pain in her vagina and telling them that 'Bill did it', according to SMH.

Bill Spedding's son backs his dad over missing William Tyrrell case | Daily Mail Online

It is far too soon for any determination to have happened with his lawsuit. imo

Which is my point, in case it was missed, and whether or not my terminology suits.

I didn't say the judge/court didn't allow it. Perhaps the lawyer withdrew it as he realised it didn't fit the criteria or for some other reason. Hence my words dropped/not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member