Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
During discussion over subpoenas and other legal issues, his solicitor Greg Walsh referred to his client continually being described as "a murderer".

Crown prosecutor Craig Everson also referred to a podcast about the case - The Teacher's Pet - being available on Facebook and YouTube.
Deputy chief magistrate Michael Allen said he had been involved in criminal law for 35 years and had not seen a case receive such broad and intense media scrutiny for many, many years.

Magistrate warns over Dawson prejudice

During discussion over subpoenas and other legal issues, his solicitor Greg Walsh referred to his client continually being described as "a murderer".

Crown prosecutor Craig Everson also referred to a podcast about the case - The Teacher's Pet - being available on Facebook and YouTube.
Deputy chief magistrate Michael Allen said he had been involved in criminal law for 35 years and had not seen a case receive such broad and intense media scrutiny for many, many years.

Magistrate warns over Dawson prejudice

Geez ..... perhaps if the police and prosecution (at the time) had done their job properly and thoroughly, all of the investigative journalism would not have happened.

Seems unfair to blame the media for not letting go of this matter, when it seems obvious to most people that Lyn would never have left her children and all of her personal belongings behind voluntarily, and is likely deceased at the hands of her then-husband.

A tiny Catholic school in NSW has been discovered using material from the Teacher's Pet podcast about the disappearance of Lynette Dawson as part of their HSC legal studies curriculum.

The discovery has raised concern among the lawyers defending the man charged over the cold case, who say it puts a fair trial for murder accused Chris Dawson in jeopardy.
https://7news.com.au/news/court-jus...students-chris-dawsons-lawyers-react-c-419633

A tiny Catholic school in NSW has been discovered using material from the Teacher's Pet podcast about the disappearance of Lynette Dawson as part of their HSC legal studies curriculum.

The discovery has raised concern among the lawyers defending the man charged over the cold case, who say it puts a fair trial for murder accused Chris Dawson in jeopardy.
https://7news.com.au/news/court-jus...students-chris-dawsons-lawyers-react-c-419633
Possibly a few of the year 11 and 12 students will be old enough for Jury Selection by the time the trial occurs, but being in Southern NSW probably wouldn't be selected for a Sydney Jury.

The issue with a current court case that hasn't made the trial stage, by the time they finish their legal studies is that they possibly won't see the outcome of the case before their exams. It would be more a process of getting there. It is a way to get young adults interested in the legal system.

NoCookies | The Australian
Subpoenaed material for the murder trial of Chris Dawson will be tabled in court before the end of the year, following “issues” by some parties over the relevance of some subpoena applications.
Seven parties have been served with subpoenas including the schoolgirl Mr Dawson was having an affair with at the time of Ms Dawson’s disappearance, the chief executive of South Pacific Private Hospital, journalist Hedley Thomas and Nationwide News.

I immediately thought of Lyn.
I doubt it though as Bayview is 30 minutes away from Balgowlah.

A chilling discovery has been made at a construction site in Sydney's north.
Police were called to a house on North Harbour Road in Balgowlah yesterday after reports bones had been found.

Bones discovered at construction site at Sydney home

Lyn was my first thought too, but thought I'd have a look at the missing person register and there is someone that went missing from there in 1992.

Derek Forrest

Derek Forrest was last seen leaving his home address in Balgowlah, NSW on the 7th of August 1992 with the intention of attending a licensed premises. He did not return home that evening and his vehicle was later located parked and secured in Dover Heights. He has not been in contact with family or friends since this time and grave concerns are held for his welfare

Derek FORREST

I immediately thought of Lyn.
I doubt it though as Bayview is 30 minutes away from Balgowlah.

A chilling discovery has been made at a construction site in Sydney's north.
Police were called to a house on North Harbour Road in Balgowlah yesterday after reports bones had been found.

Bones discovered at construction site at Sydney home
With so much construction going on in Sydney the last few years, I am surprised people haven't dug up a few more skeletons!

The next commital hearing is on 7 November 2019 commencing 9.30am.

Search NSW Court Lists | NSW Online Registry
R v CHRISTOPHER MICHAEL DAWSON

Date 07 Nov

Time 9:30 am

Case number 2019/00191658

List number -

Sydney Downing Centre Room Unassigned

Things have been silent from the court room today, kind of like when Lyn first went missing.

CD in court tomorrow and some more hearings prior to Christmas.

04 Dec 9:30 am 2018/00372527 R v CHRISTOPHER MICHAEL DAWSON Criminal Local Court Witness Hearing

• Magistrate J Trad
Sydney Downing Centre
Downing Centre
Crt 5.5 Downing Ctr
04 Dec 9:30 am 2018/00372527 R v CHRISTOPHER MICHAEL DAWSON Criminal Local Court Witness Hearing

• Magistrate J Trad
Sydney Downing Centre
Downing Centre
Crt 5.5 Downing Ctr
-
19 Dec 9:30 am 2019/00191658 R v CHRISTOPHER MICHAEL DAWSON Criminal Local Court Further Mention (Committal)

• Magistrate J Trad
Sydney Downing Centre
Unassigned
-
19 Dec 9:30 am 2018/00372527 R v CHRISTOPHER MICHAEL DAWSON Criminal Local Court Witness Hearing

• Magistrate J Trad
Sydney Downing Centre
Unassigned
-

Does anyone have any updates? I assume the court worked out the technical glitches.
The Betoota Advocate is a parody news site. There were no technical glitches. I doubt very much the podcast will be played in court at all. They will use the real witnesses or in the case the recordings were of people that passed away they will use the source data.

The next court dates are as follows from the lawlink registry for the NSW government. The last few court dates publicised there has been no news online that I have seen.

upload_2020-1-29_23-6-21.png

The Betoota Advocate is a parody news site. There were no technical glitches. I doubt very much the podcast will be played in court at all. They will use the real witnesses or in the case the recordings were of people that passed away they will use the source data.

The next court dates are as follows from the lawlink registry for the NSW government. The last few court dates publicised there has been no news online that I have seen.

View attachment 228568
Really? It sounded totally plausible, just what I've grown used to hearing about Australian court cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa