IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
WVLT Facebook page has interesting comments.
“A gruesome discovery was made in Indianapolis Monday.

Police said human remains were found in a suitcase in a creek.

People walking by spotted the suitcase Monday afternoon. They opened it, found the remains and alerted police.”

WVLT
One of the comments on that link said LE announced the body was a male. Has that been confirmed?

Yes, if they were raping her while she was unconscious (I think this is likely, and a typical desire/behavior of a certain type of college boy loser), that changes the game considerably. She dies while sitting there, no big deal. They can all deny knowing where she got her drugs. But if one or more of them suddenly has DNA all over her, they're going to react completely different. No young college boy is going to want to register as a sex offender, or go to prison on rape charges. I just can't seem to isolate which guy did it. I think if it was more than one, someone would've cracked by now. But then again, maybe not. At this point, I still think I'm going with CR. If he didn't kill her/rape her, he knows what happened to her. If he was seen with her AFTER someone punched him (not sure if this has been established clearly), he's very determined to have sex with her, and was probably waiting for her. Some guys (especially when drunk or intoxicated) become obsessed with having sex with a girl, especially if they feel led on or that the girl in question likes them in some way.

Either way, this is such a disturbing case. Wish some evidence would arise.

Do you think she was put in a dumpster?

Also, at one point in 2011 or 2012 I went through pretty much every reported case of assault in Bloomington and there were a few that were very violent involving young girls walking home alone, including one where a girl was hit so hard her jaw was broken. That stuck in my mind for a long time. I can't remember if someone was arrested in that case or not but I wonder if DM was responsible for any of those unsolved assaults and how many more missed chances there were to get him off the streets :(

Abby! it's been awhile...your statement of the girl with the broken jaw reminds me so much of DM. he broke his grandma's jaw. He assaulted many people and always went for the head. He needs to go into permanent solitary confinement until he confesses.
and I agree that Lauren's friends are completely responsible for hounding her to her death, whether or not they maliciously did it, hid her body; or, not realizing they had played out this chasing scene in the presence of a vicious rapist and murderer, for whatever reason they put her back onto the same street she had been chased
up to their house from.

So sad that eight years later and we all wonder where Lauren is. Like many others, I have been here from Day 1.

It has always been my opinion that the whole group of buddies know what happened. They weren’t all actually involved, but took an oath amongst themself that if one of them talked, they all would go down.

The cousin(?) that was hurriedly driven home that morning has always raised a red flag for me. Since LE has never found Lauren’s body, it makes me wonder if she was taken away by the driver taking his cousin home. I don’t remember the driver’s name.

I am in the process of a podcast on this case and interested in any theories, ideas, evidence or things that you believe the police are not looking at the right way PLEASE let me know.

also - what is CR was the supplier of the drugs to her? With the odd relationship between the two (and their recent meeting) theres a question that as an option which would push manslaughter even over negligence.

Since there has been discussion about theories I thought I would throw this one out.

I looked up JMW's mug shot from this website:

Sex Offender Archive Records Nationwide

His employment says: RLH Sealcoating 1970 Old St RD 44 Martinsville, Indiana. Don't know when he was employed there.

When I looked up about the company it is listed under paving and construction. Since there was a lot of construction across from 5N when LS went missing it would be interesting to see if the company was doing work there and if he was doing work there.

If LS was able to walk out of JR's, maybe he was there and exposed himself to her, hence the scream. It was reported that someone (don't remember who) heard a scream around the same time. Knowing he had a record and didn't want to be caught again he abducted her and got rid of her. Just thinking out loud.
It was reported that this scream came from a homeless man who was later found dead in a dumpster

How to Become a Verified Member
__________________________________________________ ___________

Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)
Photos and Maps
Media Links

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman

She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.

Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.

She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011. ttp://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story
__________________________________________________ _________
Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread 31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34

I’m sure the info above you copied and pasted from the media, but it has incorrect information, so I wanted to clarify, because details are important. Lauren Spierer did make it back to her apartment Building from kilroy’s bar and there is video surveillance showing her entering her apt building, but then leaving 10 minutes later. Both times she is seen on video with her male friend. When they left her building, they walked to her friend’s condo nearby & her friend started to throw up once he got to the stairs of his building. Lauren still wanted to party so her friend’s roommate sent her next door to her friend Roy’s apt. From there, she left at around 4:30am and was never seen again. I think the first male friend She was with us a C name, Cody, maybe. All 3 male friends she saw in the last apt building tried to make her stay and crash with them, but she insisted on continuing the party and she left by herself & was never seen again.

What is the podcast?
There are several. The most informative one is called “Going West: True Crime” and the episode is entitled Lauren Spierer. I’ve listened to several trie crime episodes about Lauren Spierer but this one has the most new info in it. For instance, it’s been reported that Lauren was barefoot & I think the general consensus is that she was so intoxicated, she removed her shoes, but in this podcast, I learned that kilroys bar has a section with sand on the floor & she took her shoes off to get in the sand. That episode connects several dots. Crime Junkies did an episode as well but they left out a lot of key details.

When Bad Dreams Come True… HLN Original Series “Real Life Nightmare” Premieres Saturday, November 2
New Series Follows Disturbing Unsolved Cases of Chilling Deaths and Missing Persons, With a Call to Action

[...]

December 14, 2019 “Night of No Return” 20-year-old Lauren Spierer went for a night out with friends in June 2011. The gorgeous college coed has never been seen since. But years later, the mystery deepens when another female student from the same university is found dead after another night on the town.

So sad that eight years later and we all wonder where Lauren is. Like many others, I have been here from Day 1.

It has always been my opinion that the whole group of buddies know what happened. They weren’t all actually involved, but took an oath amongst themself that if one of them talked, they all would go down.

The cousin(?) that was hurriedly driven home that morning has always raised a red flag for me. Since LE has never found Lauren’s body, it makes me wonder if she was taken away by the driver taking his cousin home. I don’t remember the driver’s name.
day one here, also. yes the friend of JR who drove home, DB, could have taken her and dropped her any where on the road to Michigan. I can't tell you the hours I spent poking into DB's family in MI. what a bunch of entitled prats. Even after his girlfriend went missing after being in JRs apt, JW, her boyfriend, still bought a building and went into biz w. JR. Years after LS disappeared, another woman was brutally murdered and the perp was all over the exact area, knew the only eye witness(!!) to seeing Lauren smack her head, was in front of the same place and was seen on camera following the cab the murdered girl started out for her house in!
So....we've got the friends who were all up to their ears in drugs, sex, and betrayal running
parallel to vicious sexual predators who know the lay of the land BETTER than the kids or the
cops. But I tell ya, this will be solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam