CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the next hour or so, we should have an idea as to the defense’s strategy. I think that’s the most important thing that we’ll learn today, as that’ll tell us how screwed they really are.

I’m particularly interested to see if they intend to shift the timeline to the right or not, as that’s the only way they can viably make KK the killer.

Not that it has any chance of working, but it’s the difference between complete fantasy and astronomical improbability.

Yes but concerned citizens (which is all of us here) are able to follow the trial by reviewing what the reporters report. There are several so we should get a pretty compete picture.

This judge doesn’t want the trial to be entertainment. That’s his prerogative. Annoying but not unconstitutional.

I can’t speak for Alethea but I believe in this context the term nosy nelly stands for people who feel entitled to live streamed trials, won’t accept less and believe that failure to deliver every minute of video recorded trial right into their living rooms means the trial is being held in secret and is a violation of constitutional protections.
BBM:

Here's the problem with that.

There's no way we're going to get a verbatim account of what the witnesses are saying.
We'll get a lot of info, but we're not nearly going to get all, and what we will get will be filtered through the media.

The public is going to miss a whole lot of what's being conveyed verbally in the courtroom, and nearly all of what's being conveyed non-verbally in the courtroom.

John Q. Public here is completely dependent upon MSM reporters to get their frantic tweets and courtroom observations entirely accurate.
Reporters are fallible. Consequently, there will be some misreporting of facts, and misstatements.
We've seen what happens when there's even the slightest misstatement in the media.

Chaos ensues.

Without any courtroom audio or video available to fact-check the information we'll be getting via secondhand reports, this could all quickly degenerate into a massive version of the Chinese Telephone Game.

Banning sketch artists from the courtroom is a far, far cry from banning video streaming.

Seriously, who considers colored pencils and sketch pads a threat to the Constitution?

It's like somebody handed Chairman Mao a gavel and a black robe.

JMO.

Last edited:
In the next hour or so, we should have an idea as to the defense’s strategy. I think that’s the most important thing that we’ll learn today, as that’ll tell us how screwed they really are.

I’m particularly interested to see if they intend to shift the timeline to the right or not, as that’s the only way they can viably make KK the killer.

Not that it has any chance of working, but it’s the difference between complete fantasy and astronomical improbability.
They seem to have shifted FAR right.

They must feel pretty screwed.

Carol McKinley on Twitter
Waiting for the first witness in the #patrickFrazee trial after an hour of openings. Defense says Krystal Kenney Lee killed #KelseyBerreth somewhere besides in her condo. Prosecution says cellphone trail and Lee's testimony proves Frazee killed her and Lee only helped. @ABC
3:16 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Heavens, this is my second cup of coffee in half an hour since getting up this morning, AND OS haven't started yet.
Guess, I'll be a shaking mess, by the end of this trial.

Carol McKinley on Twitter
Waiting for the first witness in the #patrickFrazee trial after an hour of openings. Defense says Krystal Kenney Lee killed #KelseyBerreth somewhere besides in her condo. Prosecution says cellphone trail and Lee's testimony proves Frazee killed her and Lee only helped. @ABC
3:16 PM - 1 Nov 2019
I thought the defense was not going to accuse KK of killing her. I thought that was what the alternative suspect defense was all about.

Yep -- I don't know how or when the concept of "all they have is circumstantial evidence," came to get such a bad rap.

Hi borndem! Long time.

Lots of people think "beyond a shadow of a doubt" is the legal standard for a prosecution to prove. They get that from old TV shows. That's never been the standard.

Some take time to get educated, some never do. Misinformation is rampant, especially on the 2 types of evidence. You'd think someone who secretly believes they are 'working a case' would learn the legal standards and definitions that apply to criminal cases. :D

That’s not surprising. They can’t reasonably claim that Kelsey is alive, and the only other option is to point the finger at the one other person who has involvement.

This was expected.
Yes, but I thought they were just going to implicate her in parts of the crime, and not go with the alternate suspect defense?

Yes but concerned citizens (which is all of us here) are able to follow the trial by reviewing what the reporters report. There are several so we should get a pretty compete picture.

This judge doesn’t want the trial to be entertainment. That’s his prerogative. Annoying but not unconstitutional.

I can’t speak for Alethea but I believe in this context the term nosy nelly stands for people who feel entitled to live streamed trials, won’t accept less and believe that failure to deliver every minute of video recorded trial right into their living rooms means the trial is being held in secret and is a violation of constitutional protections.

And as a reminder to all reading here -- every State sets forth its own rules and procedures whether or not to allow cameras and/or expanded media coverage (EMC) in their respective courtrooms.

(There's no blanket rule for cameras in State courtrooms).

Check out your own State's policy, and if you have a problem with it, share your concern with your State representatives.

ETA: Colorado's policy is set forth in Chapter 38, Rule 3 of the Colorado Supreme Court Rules.

Yes, but I thought they were just going to implicate her in parts of the crime, and not go with the alternate suspect defense?
This might be a combination.

We believe the evidence shows she’s the killer, but if you don’t believe that, the evidence doesn’t prove that PF was.

Buck up, Hatfield. You've opined this fear or something akin to the jury refusing to convict in most every murder case. How about sending some positive energy to the ADA & team.
Nothing wrong with being overly cautious. There's obviously a victim here and loved ones who need justice and some of them don't get it.

These trials are dependent upon strong evidence and testimony of witnesses. Every so often, a suspect who should have been in for life in the eyes of loved ones, friends, even the rest of the world, get off.

I'll take an overly cautious worry wart and have them be wrong to the joy of themselves and everyone else, then be overly cocky and confident and the suspect(s) get off and a free to roam the earth, unlike their victim(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZBli