CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where else is the forensic evidence (blood/hair/tissue/etc) located? And if KB wasn't killed inside her own condo, then how did the blood etc end up in there?
Nowhere as far as we know. And “somewhere other than Kelsey’s condo,” seems to indicate that the defense doesn’t have any evidence to support this claim.

Talk about vague.

Something just occurred to me. Either the defense is being vague because there is no other location, or they are about to be forced to explain away evidence at another location.

That discolored hay bail at Nash Ranch maybe?!

Where else is the forensic evidence (blood/hair/tissue/etc) located? And if KB wasn't killed inside her own condo, then how did the blood etc end up in there - something the defense will need to address.

It will be interesting to see if they answer this or not. Reasonable doubt and all that.

Didn't they find brain matter in her condo or was that just a rumor or even a different case?

I'm recalling a tooth? Or was that a rumor? I haven't been following this closely for a while, so I may have to go back and refresh my memory on this.

Nowhere as far as we know. And “somewhere other than Kelsey’s condo,” seems to indicate that the defense doesn’t have any evidence to support this claim.

Talk about vague.

Something just occurred to me. Either the defense is being vague because there is no other location, or they are about to be forced to explain away evidence at another location.

And killed by a bullet from MG's gun...:rolleyes:

Somewhere besides in her condo? Huh?

I thought a few weeks ago in some of the pretrial hearings the defense was required to let the court know if they were going to try to show someone else committed the crime. The judge gave them a couple of days to ponder that and the defense never responded, by their silence indicating they would not be doing that. How is it they now get to claim that? Or am I confusing it with another trial?

It will be interesting to see if they answer this or not. Reasonable doubt and all that.

I'm recalling a tooth? Or was that a rumor? I haven't been following this closely for a while, so I may have to go back and refresh my memory on this.
BBM:

Search warrants show that teeth were taken into evidence at the franch.

We don't know whose teeth those were, however.

The tooth evidence will only come into court if any of those teeth turn out to be KB's.

I think we're going to be hearing about tooth fragments.

I'm convinced at least one, if not more, are going to be KB's.

JMO.

Last edited:
And killed by a bullet from MG's gun...:rolleyes:
Boom! I hope this question isn’t left hanging for long.

There’s got to be a reason that they have to shift the murder scene. There’s no other reason that I can come up with other than there is evidence at another location.

Because think about it. There’s blood in that house, Kelsey’s blood. The defense can still say KK is the killer, and the House is where it happened.

UNLESS THEY CAN’T.

Based on #5 in the doc below, I think that’s only 2 witnesses in addition to everyone included on the prosecutions list. Since prosecution’s list contains over 250 people, I don’t think we can infer much about defense’s witness list or strategy from it. But we should know a lot more after opening statements.

View attachment 212740
Ok. Thx!

Teeth were seized under the search warrant for PF's ranch. We don't know the outcome of the DNA testing on those teeth.

No teeth were found by LE at KB's condo. KK claimed she found a tooth and threw it away.

JMO

Where else is the forensic evidence (blood/hair/tissue/etc) located? And if KB wasn't killed inside her own condo, then how did the blood etc end up in there - something the defense will need to address.
We know for a fact there were lots of blood splatter in the apartment?
I'm too nervous to think.

Talk about vague.

Maybe the defense is just setting up the movie version.....(Break here for "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".)

You be the judge of who plays which part.....
I nominate Patrick to sing, "If I Only Had a Brain"!

Boom! I hope this question isn’t left hanging for long.

There’s got to be a reason that they have to shift the murder scene. There’s no other reason that I can come up with other than there is evidence at another location.

Because think about it. There’s blood in that house, Kelsey’s blood. The defense can still say KK is the killer, and the House is where it happened.

UNLESS THEY CAN’T.
Remember the items taken from the home he lived in ? Wonder if that will come into play and also - I remember those large sheets of what I thought was drywall from her condo - wonder if those will be brought in and what evidence they have on them ? Sorry I’m late to this so am still catching up

We know for a fact there were lots of blood splatter in the apartment?
I'm too nervous to think.
We don't know that is a fact. We do know that LE didn't discover any blood spatter in their initial forensic analysis of the residence and they did go back after CB found what appeared to be cleaned up blood in the bathroom. During that second forensic testing of the bathroom, they discovered KB's blood in multiple locations in the bath area as well as DNA from an unknown male.

KK told LE she cleaned up a lot of blood spatter throughout the residence so LE went back a third time and collected more items for testing. We'll have to see if subsequent analysis corroborates her claim.

JMO

Remember the items taking from the home he lived in ? Wonder if that will come into play and also - I remember those large sheets of what I thought was drywall - wonder if those will be brought in and what evidence they have on them ? Sorry I’m late to this so am still catching up
There were items at the ranch that tested positive presumptive for blood. We don’t know what the lab results said yet.

We speculated that drywall was removed from Kelsey’s condo, but I don’t think we know that for sure.

Remember the items taken from the home he lived in ? Wonder if that will come into play and also - I remember those large sheets of what I thought was drywall from her condo - wonder if those will be brought in and what evidence they have on them ? Sorry I’m late to this so am still catching up

Many of us thought those large pieces were sections of the ceiling possibly covered in blood spatter.

Remember that crime scene techs took in a ladder.

KK had no ladder so she would have had no way to clean up high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa